or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › For Sale / Trade Forums › For Sale / Trade (and Feedback) Forums › Amplification For Sale / Trade › FS: Tektron TK6J5 REF Tube Pre-Amp dual mono 230V - price drop 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For Sale: FS: Tektron TK6J5 REF Tube Pre-Amp dual mono 230V - price drop 3

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
This Classified is Closed

For Sale:
FS: Tektron TK6J5 REF Tube Pre-Amp dual mono 230V - price drop 3

Will Ship To: Anywhere

For sale on behalf of a friend of mine a stunning Tektron TK6J5 REF Tube Pre-Amp dual mono in like new condition.
Matched NOS tubes: KB/T 6J5 x 2 - RCA 5Z3 x 2 
Volume control High quality components, oil-paper caps, nixie tube for input selected.
3 Line inputs high impedance (100 Kohm)
2 outputs: adjust via back potentiometer for gain or accurate match of tube.

I sell only to headfier with positive feedback.

Thanks

Massimiliano

 

post #2 of 10

What a beauty!!

post #3 of 10

It is a beauty , that's for sure. But it also sounds excellent. I have that one and use it with Tektron's mono amplifiers.The sound is sublime and open as only DHT circuits can deliver. Plus possibility of swapping valves on amps from type 45 triode  to VT- 52 , giving listener a real taste of tube. You can pop up mate and listen to this set up , just drop me a line. In afct I have in mind a bake off with the playback based exclusively on Tektron electronics. Just waiting for TT to come as nothing left at the moment ;)


Edited by gregdee - 12/3/13 at 1:51pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdee View Post
 

It is a beauty , that's for sure. But it also sounds excellent. I have that one and use it with Tektron's mono amplifiers.The sound is sublime and open as only DHT circuits can deliver. Plus possibility of swapping valves on amps from type 45 triode  to VT- 52 , giving listener a real taste of tube. You can pop up mate and listen to this set up , just drop me a line. In afct I have in mind a bake off with the playback based exclusively on Tektron electronics. Just waiting for TT to come as nothing left at the moment ;)

Could you please elaborate a bit more about how this unit performs ? I'm quite interested to pair it with a pair of Kaivalya monos.

Thank you for your input.

post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantx View Post
 

Could you please elaborate a bit more about how this unit performs ? I'm quite interested to pair it with a pair of Kaivalya monos.

Thank you for your input.


Hallo my friend

 

Apologize for the late answer, but i wasn't informed about new post in this thread.

I have no experience with Calvayas , but had been using it with few Tektron amps

which he mates perfectly , as could be expected, Yammy A-08s , DRD Welbornes,

AN and also with EL 84 based Cube Audio mono amplifiers. In any occasion this 

preamp performs pretty much with the same signature , should I say lack of sonic

signature. Very smooth ,liquid and balanced. Slightly on the warm side, but with all

micro-dynamic prevented and sublime articulation. It makes playback very vivid and

life-like. It is relaxed ,but not laid back with strong sense of presence. Soundstage is

very wide ( at least with my horns ) and slightly taken back.

 

All amps were SET , except Cubes which are PSE Pentode. Hope that helps a bit.

If you are in UK , feel free to contact me and pop up for listening.

 

This pre is indirect heated triode circuit with full wave rectification , just to clarify.


Edited by gregdee - 1/4/14 at 2:39pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdee View Post
 


Hallo my friend

 

Apologize for the late answer, but i wasn't informed about new post in this thread.

I have no experience with Calvayas , but had been using it with few Tektron amps

which he mates perfectly , as could be expected, Yammy A-08s , DRD Welbornes,

AN and also with EL 84 based Cube Audio mono amplifiers. In any occasion this 

preamp performs pretty much with the same signature , should I say lack of sonic

signature. Very smooth ,liquid and balanced. Slightly on the warm side, but with all

micro-dynamic prevented and sublime articulation. It makes playback very vivid and

life-like. It is relaxed ,but not laid back with strong sense of presence. Soundstage is

very wide ( at least with my horns ) and slightly taken back.

 

All amps were SET , except Cubes which are PSE Pentode. Hope that helps a bit.

If you are in UK , feel free to contact me and pop up for listening.

 

This pre is indirect heated triode circuit with full wave rectification , just to clarify.

Thanks a lot, I myself just saw your reply. I really crave for transparency, attacks and soundstage.

Reason I'm selling my Cochet PS-1 is only because it has both first qualities, but lacks a little

bit of soundstage. A though sell, because outside France people don't know much about the

extraordinary products Cochet is capable of.


Edited by quantx - 2/12/14 at 4:07pm
post #7 of 10

Tell me that ;) 

 

it is regular issue with an Artisan audio ;) 

 

have you got sth to replace your Cochet ?

post #8 of 10

Yes, French-Canadian Ocellia. Two 300B and one Pre Quaero. Outstanding.

post #9 of 10

Oh , yes . That is a very good choice indeed 

Quite a few classes jump UP ;) my friend !

post #10 of 10

Now remains to see if I'll keep the Tektron. ;-)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Amplification For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi.org › Forums › For Sale / Trade Forums › For Sale / Trade (and Feedback) Forums › Amplification For Sale / Trade › FS: Tektron TK6J5 REF Tube Pre-Amp dual mono 230V - price drop 3