Looking for suggestions on a nice set of headphones. I am basically looking for accuracy and tight bass, ie... a sealed sub (tight) vs ported (sloppy) IMHO. FYI I use JL Audio Sealed subs and components in my F-150.
Currently use Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB Gaming Headset. I got these for Voice Chat while playing WoW and Skype.
I listen at my desk, which is in my bedroom. Mainly at night while my wife is sleeping. So preferably a closed design.
Most likely I will want to get a DAC and Amp to compliment the headphones. I want good sounding music, without strain. I have been ripping my cd's using EAC @ 320 kbps mp3, and NOT deleting the WAV after compression. What is a good player to listen to these mp3's or wav's?
I listen to a wide variety of music, mostly Rock-based though. Budget = mid-level ($1000 total)
- Classical - where the orchestra sounds life-like, not a recording. Accurate enough so I can pick out each individual instrument.
- Classic Rock - The Doors, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Dio, Blue Oyster Cult, Nazareth, Jimi Hendrix
- Metal - Slayer, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Carach Angren, Soulfly, Pantera, Opeth
- Industrial - Hocico, Velvet Acid Christ
- Most Critical, these 2 bands break speakers. And are not listenable on cheap equipment The Berzerker and Mortician. The bass distortion is extremely heavy...
Edited by vipervick - 10/17/13 at 10:31pm