Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs. M50s
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs. M50s

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Now I know that this question has been asked a few times at Hi-Fi.  However, I am having a little bit of a dilemma as I can find the M50s on Amazon.com for ~130 including shipping (I live in Canada), but the cheapest M50 I can find is ~145.  Now, the pair of headphones I currently own have a coiled cable on them and I have never used a straight cable pair of headphones.  So, I can't be sure if I would like the straight cable or not (It is supposed to be pretty long).  Are there other people on here who have gone from a coiled cable to a straight cable, and, if so, how was it?  Would you guys recommend spending the extra for the coiled cable?  Or maybe even shopping somewhere else?

Thanks,

Josh

post #2 of 7

Never had a single problem with straight cables. Personally I don't like the M50, but a lot of people do. 

post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

Never had a single problem with straight cables. Personally I don't like the M50, but a lot of people do. 

Thanks for the reply.  Is there anything in the M50's price range that you would recommend over it?

post #4 of 7

The Shure SRH440 and is you spend a bit more, the 840. 

post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

The Shure SRH440 and is you spend a bit more, the 840. 

Ok, thanks. I will look them up.

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIrwin View Post
 

Thanks for the reply.  Is there anything in the M50's price range that you would recommend over it?


The ATH-M50s are bassy, U shaped audio, headphones,

any feature you want that's different for what the ATH-M50 offers?

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 


The ATH-M50s are bassy, U shaped audio, headphones,

any feature you want that's different for what the ATH-M50 offers?

Not really that I can think of.  Although, I am a pretty big noob when it comes to headphones.  I actually just pulled the trigger and went with the ATH-M50s.  They should be here later this week, so I guess I will see how much I like them (although, I am pretty hopeful that they will be way better then my current MDR-V600's).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs. M50s