Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Sennheiser HD 598 2.5 mm locking plug?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 598 2.5 mm locking plug?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

Anyone know if this locking 2.5 mm plug is available for purchase? Is it a proprietary type lock, or can I find the plugs at suppliers?

I have cables & 3.5mm connector & want to recable my 598's.

 

Thanks,

kev

post #2 of 6

I know you can buy cables for the 598 for a good price on ebay. A headfier posted a few pictures and it looked really nice. 

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Replacement-Audio-upgrade-Cable-For-Sennheiser-HD598-HD558-HD518-Headphone-/261255113290?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&var=560215640802&hash=item3cd404aa4a

 

Have a look

http://www.head-fi.org/t/541039/sennheiser-hd-598-appreciation-thread/2820#post_9870315

post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeyed View Post
 

Anyone know if this locking 2.5 mm plug is available for purchase? Is it a proprietary type lock, or can I find the plugs at suppliers?

I have cables & 3.5mm connector & want to recable my 598's.

Pre-made cable (1.2m to 1.8m) with the 3.5mm plug, for the HD5XX series headphones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261255113290?var=560215640802&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 

Thanks guys. I saw that posting about the cables. That's what made me wonder if the plugs are available by themselves. I did go ahead & order the one from China, but still want to make my own with some very good wire that I am not using. 

 

Thanks,

kev

post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeyed View Post
 

Thanks guys. I saw that posting about the cables. That's what made me wonder if the plugs are available by themselves. I did go ahead & order the one from China, but still want to make my own with some very good wire that I am not using. 

When you get the one from China, just cut off the 2.5mm plug and attach it to your custom cable.

post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

When you get the one from China, just cut off the 2.5mm plug and attach it to your custom cable.

I may do that if I am able to open the connector. I prefer not do a splice job, so it depends on the connector. BTW I had a brief email communication with the seller & he is very responsive & sincerely wants to provide good service. That is very refreshing when ordering from China. The communication was in regards to changing my order & I did not inquire about the connectors. If I like the connector/cable that I receive, I may check back with the seller.

Cheers,

kev

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Sennheiser HD 598 2.5 mm locking plug?