How about a laser pointer and pedometer?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 2/19/16 at 5:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on 9/9/16 at 9:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on 9/28/16 at 1:05pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
-Introduction- The last encounter I had with Advanced Sound was a decent while ago, right around the release of their first IEM, the M4. That was their freshmen release, and...
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 56
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
This is first time I've seen the back of the HA-1 unit. Looking at the back there's an antenna that's useful for something - like maybe wireless TX/RX signals? With either 802.11g/n/ac or bluetooth 4.0 implementation, it might be possible to stream from PC/moble/tablet device to the built in DAC. There doesn't seem to be any wired ethernet port.
The analogue output has both balanced and RCA to amp/speaker set-up. I'm assuming the +12V trigger output would be used to turn on the amp + speakers.
Analogue inputs are interesting. If one has a better DAC, it can be the source to the HA-1. I can see the Oppo BDP universal players or your favorite player being used to connect to the HA-1.
The digital inputs are standard.
The power plug for AC in indicates a universal voltage! That means it will work around the world and one doesn't need lug a voltage transformer.
Would be interested in the DAC being used in the HA-1, suspect is the ESS Sabre DAC that's been used in Oppo's current universal players. Also curious about the headphone amp implementation.
Both the Weiss and the Lynx are from the pro audio world, and I have to say that the Oppo has a similar 'function over form' appeal. Ultimately, the only thing that really matters is the sonics, but its great to see Oppo embracing our little universe (albeit an increasingly large slice of the audio pie) so comprehensively. The growth, nay, explosion in this hobby over the last 5 years is nothing short of phenomenal.
Hmm, I think that Oppo amp/dac looks SUPREMELY cool and I hope that it will sound just as good and will not be priced higher than Hilo...
Here is another page regarding the Oppo PM-1 and HA-1. Best viewed with Chrome browser for auto translating:
Of particular interest is:
"First, it's configuration that HA-1 of the was planned in response to the popularity of analog output and headphones BDP-105 is a BD player, inherited the characteristics of the BDP-105. Devotes the ES9018 of ESS Technology, Inc. to the DAC chip, corresponding to the native playback of DSD signal at DoP from the USB port. Of course, the PCM signal system corresponds to a high resolution of up 192kHz/24 bit. In addition, this unit also equipped with input and output terminals of the analog voice, I can also be used as a preamplifier. It is said that you plan to year 2014 release date.
PM-1 of one of the plane's headphone-driven. That's because this system is determined to be the best in sound quality according to Christopher Mr. Vick is an Oppo's product manager who came to Japan for the purpose of explanation. This one said, that will be expected to launch at the end of 2013.
Price is undecided both, but it is expected that given that the prevailing price of the BDP-105JP that ¥ 160,000 before and after, the price of HA-1 and might become the same price range with the BDP-105JP."
¥ 160,000 Japanese, about 1,554 US dollars
Man, these are incredibly sexy. The kind of sexy that has me saying "God I hope these sound good, because I really don't want to drop that kind of money on looks alone, lest I be compared to Beats users."
It does sound more like that HA-1may retail at $1600 and using the ES9018 DAC chip. For my studio the Lynx Hilo built in the USA may be a better choice especially for its A/D convertor. The latest trend in DAC chip technology is not to use a dedicated DAC chip at all but use a FPGA instead. Therefor the FPGA can be reprogrammed as needed for future standards. The Lynx Hilo already has a interchangeable card slot and already has a Thunderbolt option available. Just wanted to point this out. For me I brought the Emotiva Mini-X $169 for my DAW station and it is very cost effective for my needs. That is all I am going to say about amps in this thread just waiting to hear more on the Oppo headphones.
That estimated price has turned me off HA-1 completely. Will wait and see the estimated price for PM-1 is going to be, but if it's in a similar range - count me out.
I think that may be quite possible for Oppo to offer a package deal.
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD 650 + iFi iCan Amp + Macbook Pro = buzz/static noise? 4 seconds ago
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 14 seconds ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 43 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-100R DAP Music Player ($ drop! RUSH NEED GONE!) 2 minutes ago
- › Android-fi! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio Jomo4 by Zelda
- › Advanced Sound by Cinder
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...