How about a laser pointer and pedometer?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone using an HDphone extension cord with the PM-1? Last post on 9/5/14 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Free Update for PM-1 owners, - Treble boost Last post on 8/2/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 HEADPHONES: IMPRESSIONS OF A LONG-TIME OPPO FAN (Now with photos) Last post on 8/3/14 at 8:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Impression: Oppo Find 7 and Oppo N1's Stock earphones Last post on 7/24/14 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Battle of the Modern Planars: LCD-X vs PM-1 vs HE-560 Last post on 8/4/14 at 2:32am in Headphones (full-size)
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 56
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This is first time I've seen the back of the HA-1 unit. Looking at the back there's an antenna that's useful for something - like maybe wireless TX/RX signals? With either 802.11g/n/ac or bluetooth 4.0 implementation, it might be possible to stream from PC/moble/tablet device to the built in DAC. There doesn't seem to be any wired ethernet port.
The analogue output has both balanced and RCA to amp/speaker set-up. I'm assuming the +12V trigger output would be used to turn on the amp + speakers.
Analogue inputs are interesting. If one has a better DAC, it can be the source to the HA-1. I can see the Oppo BDP universal players or your favorite player being used to connect to the HA-1.
The digital inputs are standard.
The power plug for AC in indicates a universal voltage! That means it will work around the world and one doesn't need lug a voltage transformer.
Would be interested in the DAC being used in the HA-1, suspect is the ESS Sabre DAC that's been used in Oppo's current universal players. Also curious about the headphone amp implementation.
Both the Weiss and the Lynx are from the pro audio world, and I have to say that the Oppo has a similar 'function over form' appeal. Ultimately, the only thing that really matters is the sonics, but its great to see Oppo embracing our little universe (albeit an increasingly large slice of the audio pie) so comprehensively. The growth, nay, explosion in this hobby over the last 5 years is nothing short of phenomenal.
Hmm, I think that Oppo amp/dac looks SUPREMELY cool and I hope that it will sound just as good and will not be priced higher than Hilo...
Here is another page regarding the Oppo PM-1 and HA-1. Best viewed with Chrome browser for auto translating:
Of particular interest is:
"First, it's configuration that HA-1 of the was planned in response to the popularity of analog output and headphones BDP-105 is a BD player, inherited the characteristics of the BDP-105. Devotes the ES9018 of ESS Technology, Inc. to the DAC chip, corresponding to the native playback of DSD signal at DoP from the USB port. Of course, the PCM signal system corresponds to a high resolution of up 192kHz/24 bit. In addition, this unit also equipped with input and output terminals of the analog voice, I can also be used as a preamplifier. It is said that you plan to year 2014 release date.
PM-1 of one of the plane's headphone-driven. That's because this system is determined to be the best in sound quality according to Christopher Mr. Vick is an Oppo's product manager who came to Japan for the purpose of explanation. This one said, that will be expected to launch at the end of 2013.
Price is undecided both, but it is expected that given that the prevailing price of the BDP-105JP that ¥ 160,000 before and after, the price of HA-1 and might become the same price range with the BDP-105JP."
¥ 160,000 Japanese, about 1,554 US dollars
Man, these are incredibly sexy. The kind of sexy that has me saying "God I hope these sound good, because I really don't want to drop that kind of money on looks alone, lest I be compared to Beats users."
It does sound more like that HA-1may retail at $1600 and using the ES9018 DAC chip. For my studio the Lynx Hilo built in the USA may be a better choice especially for its A/D convertor. The latest trend in DAC chip technology is not to use a dedicated DAC chip at all but use a FPGA instead. Therefor the FPGA can be reprogrammed as needed for future standards. The Lynx Hilo already has a interchangeable card slot and already has a Thunderbolt option available. Just wanted to point this out. For me I brought the Emotiva Mini-X $169 for my DAW station and it is very cost effective for my needs. That is all I am going to say about amps in this thread just waiting to hear more on the Oppo headphones.
That estimated price has turned me off HA-1 completely. Will wait and see the estimated price for PM-1 is going to be, but if it's in a similar range - count me out.
I think that may be quite possible for Oppo to offer a package deal.
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Group Buy for full ATX Linear PSU from Teradak 26 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › WyWires Red Headphone Cable 2 minutes ago
- › (help) Portable set up for near $1000 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Bel Canto DAC3 3 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for decent Earbuds 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)