How about a laser pointer and pedometer?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 2/19/16 at 5:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on 5/19/16 at 9:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on 5/21/16 at 10:57am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 56
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
This is first time I've seen the back of the HA-1 unit. Looking at the back there's an antenna that's useful for something - like maybe wireless TX/RX signals? With either 802.11g/n/ac or bluetooth 4.0 implementation, it might be possible to stream from PC/moble/tablet device to the built in DAC. There doesn't seem to be any wired ethernet port.
The analogue output has both balanced and RCA to amp/speaker set-up. I'm assuming the +12V trigger output would be used to turn on the amp + speakers.
Analogue inputs are interesting. If one has a better DAC, it can be the source to the HA-1. I can see the Oppo BDP universal players or your favorite player being used to connect to the HA-1.
The digital inputs are standard.
The power plug for AC in indicates a universal voltage! That means it will work around the world and one doesn't need lug a voltage transformer.
Would be interested in the DAC being used in the HA-1, suspect is the ESS Sabre DAC that's been used in Oppo's current universal players. Also curious about the headphone amp implementation.
Both the Weiss and the Lynx are from the pro audio world, and I have to say that the Oppo has a similar 'function over form' appeal. Ultimately, the only thing that really matters is the sonics, but its great to see Oppo embracing our little universe (albeit an increasingly large slice of the audio pie) so comprehensively. The growth, nay, explosion in this hobby over the last 5 years is nothing short of phenomenal.
Hmm, I think that Oppo amp/dac looks SUPREMELY cool and I hope that it will sound just as good and will not be priced higher than Hilo...
Here is another page regarding the Oppo PM-1 and HA-1. Best viewed with Chrome browser for auto translating:
Of particular interest is:
"First, it's configuration that HA-1 of the was planned in response to the popularity of analog output and headphones BDP-105 is a BD player, inherited the characteristics of the BDP-105. Devotes the ES9018 of ESS Technology, Inc. to the DAC chip, corresponding to the native playback of DSD signal at DoP from the USB port. Of course, the PCM signal system corresponds to a high resolution of up 192kHz/24 bit. In addition, this unit also equipped with input and output terminals of the analog voice, I can also be used as a preamplifier. It is said that you plan to year 2014 release date.
PM-1 of one of the plane's headphone-driven. That's because this system is determined to be the best in sound quality according to Christopher Mr. Vick is an Oppo's product manager who came to Japan for the purpose of explanation. This one said, that will be expected to launch at the end of 2013.
Price is undecided both, but it is expected that given that the prevailing price of the BDP-105JP that ¥ 160,000 before and after, the price of HA-1 and might become the same price range with the BDP-105JP."
¥ 160,000 Japanese, about 1,554 US dollars
Man, these are incredibly sexy. The kind of sexy that has me saying "God I hope these sound good, because I really don't want to drop that kind of money on looks alone, lest I be compared to Beats users."
It does sound more like that HA-1may retail at $1600 and using the ES9018 DAC chip. For my studio the Lynx Hilo built in the USA may be a better choice especially for its A/D convertor. The latest trend in DAC chip technology is not to use a dedicated DAC chip at all but use a FPGA instead. Therefor the FPGA can be reprogrammed as needed for future standards. The Lynx Hilo already has a interchangeable card slot and already has a Thunderbolt option available. Just wanted to point this out. For me I brought the Emotiva Mini-X $169 for my DAW station and it is very cost effective for my needs. That is all I am going to say about amps in this thread just waiting to hear more on the Oppo headphones.
That estimated price has turned me off HA-1 completely. Will wait and see the estimated price for PM-1 is going to be, but if it's in a similar range - count me out.
I think that may be quite possible for Oppo to offer a package deal.
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 54 seconds ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 2 minutes ago
- › No more 3.5mm jack and DAC in headphones, will audio quality... 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › Portable amp for IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 8 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 8 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 10 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...