How about a laser pointer and pedometer?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on 8/11/15 at 6:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on 8/19/15 at 3:49am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 56
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
This is first time I've seen the back of the HA-1 unit. Looking at the back there's an antenna that's useful for something - like maybe wireless TX/RX signals? With either 802.11g/n/ac or bluetooth 4.0 implementation, it might be possible to stream from PC/moble/tablet device to the built in DAC. There doesn't seem to be any wired ethernet port.
The analogue output has both balanced and RCA to amp/speaker set-up. I'm assuming the +12V trigger output would be used to turn on the amp + speakers.
Analogue inputs are interesting. If one has a better DAC, it can be the source to the HA-1. I can see the Oppo BDP universal players or your favorite player being used to connect to the HA-1.
The digital inputs are standard.
The power plug for AC in indicates a universal voltage! That means it will work around the world and one doesn't need lug a voltage transformer.
Would be interested in the DAC being used in the HA-1, suspect is the ESS Sabre DAC that's been used in Oppo's current universal players. Also curious about the headphone amp implementation.
Both the Weiss and the Lynx are from the pro audio world, and I have to say that the Oppo has a similar 'function over form' appeal. Ultimately, the only thing that really matters is the sonics, but its great to see Oppo embracing our little universe (albeit an increasingly large slice of the audio pie) so comprehensively. The growth, nay, explosion in this hobby over the last 5 years is nothing short of phenomenal.
Hmm, I think that Oppo amp/dac looks SUPREMELY cool and I hope that it will sound just as good and will not be priced higher than Hilo...
Here is another page regarding the Oppo PM-1 and HA-1. Best viewed with Chrome browser for auto translating:
Of particular interest is:
"First, it's configuration that HA-1 of the was planned in response to the popularity of analog output and headphones BDP-105 is a BD player, inherited the characteristics of the BDP-105. Devotes the ES9018 of ESS Technology, Inc. to the DAC chip, corresponding to the native playback of DSD signal at DoP from the USB port. Of course, the PCM signal system corresponds to a high resolution of up 192kHz/24 bit. In addition, this unit also equipped with input and output terminals of the analog voice, I can also be used as a preamplifier. It is said that you plan to year 2014 release date.
PM-1 of one of the plane's headphone-driven. That's because this system is determined to be the best in sound quality according to Christopher Mr. Vick is an Oppo's product manager who came to Japan for the purpose of explanation. This one said, that will be expected to launch at the end of 2013.
Price is undecided both, but it is expected that given that the prevailing price of the BDP-105JP that ¥ 160,000 before and after, the price of HA-1 and might become the same price range with the BDP-105JP."
¥ 160,000 Japanese, about 1,554 US dollars
Man, these are incredibly sexy. The kind of sexy that has me saying "God I hope these sound good, because I really don't want to drop that kind of money on looks alone, lest I be compared to Beats users."
It does sound more like that HA-1may retail at $1600 and using the ES9018 DAC chip. For my studio the Lynx Hilo built in the USA may be a better choice especially for its A/D convertor. The latest trend in DAC chip technology is not to use a dedicated DAC chip at all but use a FPGA instead. Therefor the FPGA can be reprogrammed as needed for future standards. The Lynx Hilo already has a interchangeable card slot and already has a Thunderbolt option available. Just wanted to point this out. For me I brought the Emotiva Mini-X $169 for my DAW station and it is very cost effective for my needs. That is all I am going to say about amps in this thread just waiting to hear more on the Oppo headphones.
That estimated price has turned me off HA-1 completely. Will wait and see the estimated price for PM-1 is going to be, but if it's in a similar range - count me out.
I think that may be quite possible for Oppo to offer a package deal.
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp 10 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 17 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 38 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2