Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 42

post #616 of 2487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post
 

 

Dude, I just spit soda all over my headphones lol

 

That's an achievement if you were wearing them.

post #617 of 2487
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

 

That's an achievement if you were wearing them.

 

lol...I had them sitting next to me on the bed unfortunately. Thankfully it looks as though they survived the blast

post #618 of 2487

Ok I am going to speculate like the rest of us here..

 

The box and packaging tells me its not going to be cheap. Look at the padding, they look like an expensive jewellery case. I have bought headphones that had similar boxes like these and they are all expensive. Even the top cover has padding all around that are connected to the bottom. This is not going to cheap. Distributing a heavy wooden box all over the world of this quality is never cheap. I am expecting in the LCd-2 range. Just base on the beautiful box alone (if it really comes with it), this product is likely to be position as a high end product to target audiophile community.

 

This box is as high end as LCD-3, Legendary Sony R10, Stax SR009

 

What do you guys think?
 

 

12.jpg

post #619 of 2487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post
 

Ok I am going to speculate like the rest of us here..

 

The box and packaging tells me its not going to be cheap. Look at the padding, they look like an expensive jewellery case. I have bought headphones that had similar boxes like these and they are all expensive. Even the top cover has padding all around that are connected to the bottom. This is not going to cheap. Distributing a heavy wooden box all over the world of this quality is never cheap. I am expecting in the LCd-2 range. Just base on the beautiful box alone (if it really comes with it), this product is likely to be position as a high end product to target audiophile community.

 

This box is as high end as LCD-3, Legendary Sony R10, Stax SR009

 

What do you guys think?
 

I agree for the most part, but my question is: has anyone verified that the pictured packaging is how it will be sold? How do we know that its not just pretty packaging for the trade shows?

post #620 of 2487
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

Turns out that the version I have is the same as Jude's which I've already heard. When I return these pair back to the distributor, I'll see if I can take a listen to the updated version in their office or show room (so that means they have a few different iterations of the PM1 with them!).

Dude you are very lucky indeed I live in Chile and Oppo does not sell a thing here so I have to wait until amazon or another decent store decides to sell it

post #621 of 2487
I think they should price it below 500.00 to get people interested in the brand. Then when they get a following they should make a mk2 or a higher end version and charge accordingly. Its not that Oppo has a history in the headphone market. This is there first product in this market and we dont need another JPS Labs Abyss.
post #622 of 2487

It looks expensive. I'm guessing $1,500 - 2k

post #623 of 2487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post
 

Ok I am going to speculate like the rest of us here..

 

The box and packaging tells me its not going to be cheap. Look at the padding, they look like an expensive jewellery case. I have bought headphones that had similar boxes like these and they are all expensive. Even the top cover has padding all around that are connected to the bottom. This is not going to cheap. Distributing a heavy wooden box all over the world of this quality is never cheap. I am expecting in the LCd-2 range. Just base on the beautiful box alone (if it really comes with it), this product is likely to be position as a high end product to target audiophile community.

 

This box is as high end as LCD-3, Legendary Sony R10, Stax SR009

 

What do you guys think?
 

 

12.jpg

Well isn't that just the final nail in the coffin for any hope of affordability with this headphone.

post #624 of 2487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
 


I was just thinking to myself--head-fi really needs more rambling posts by pompous douchebags.

 

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post
 

 

Dude, I just spit soda all over my headphones lol

And I just wet my pants a bit. :o

post #625 of 2487
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

Well isn't that just the final nail in the coffin for any hope of affordability with this headphone.


I am sorry.


Edited by Audiowood - 11/7/13 at 2:34pm
post #626 of 2487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post
 


I am sorry.

We could still hang on the notion that it's just for display purposes, and it's not in fact the box it'll be shipped in. :tongue:

post #627 of 2487

Lol does anybody else find it funny how people's view of a product changes so much when it's pictured in a fancy box :p.

 

I guess marketing is king.

post #628 of 2487
Quote:
Originally Posted by robm321 View Post
 

It looks expensive. I'm guessing $1,500 - 2k

 

That would be a VERY bad move for them.

 

For me, more than $1000 is not acceptable for a pair of headphones these days.  Did you hear what I said Audeze ?

post #629 of 2487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabeer View Post
 

Lol does anybody else find it funny how people's view of a product changes so much when it's pictured in a fancy box :p.

 

I guess marketing is king.


Exactly why people pay marketing people so much money to do very little........................

post #630 of 2487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabeer View Post
 

Lol does anybody else find it funny how people's view of a product changes so much when it's pictured in a fancy box :p.

 

I guess marketing is king.

Yep,

 

 Just two months ago I received my JBL LSR305 speaker monitors. The monitors were double box at the factory and the inside box was in full color. It was a nice touch for such an low cost monitors that happens to sound great as well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!