Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 4

post #46 of 2000

Looks like they did the earpads better than the Hifiman pleather pads...

there are damping holes on BOTH sides of the earpad. I hope they DON'T compete with the HE-500! I love these :( I don't wanna have to consider a competitor as another option! lol

post #47 of 2000

Subscribed, hopefully price tops out around he500 level.

post #48 of 2000

We don't need more planars, we need more 'stats! Lolz..

post #49 of 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

We don't need more planars, we need more 'stats! Lolz..

Uh, remember King sound. Noooo, no you don't. :wink:

post #50 of 2000
Perhaps what we need is less dynamics...
post #51 of 2000

No what the hobby really needs is more high-end closed backs.

post #52 of 2000

Now this looks interesting :D. I also hope the price tag on these is in the more reasonable rang than the high end. And I really love that they are going for a concentric style planar driver compared to the rest. Cant wait for more details (price, release, etc)

post #53 of 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

No what the hobby really needs is more high-end closed backs.

 

Yeah this...

 

I want Sony and Yamaha to get back into the game like they did 20-30 years ago and make a CD3k/R10/YH-1/YH-1k successor. 

 

I also want a headphone stand that magically floats in mid air. 

post #54 of 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabeer View Post
 

Now this looks interesting :D. I also hope the price tag on these is in the more reasonable rang than the high end. And I really love that they are going for a concentric style planar driver compared to the rest. Cant wait for more details (price, release, etc)

I would imagine it will be value oriented. I would like to see an all-out iteration from them though :)

post #55 of 2000
Stats means special amps and that's another cost. Planars open a lot of options with speaker amps. I've been comfortable with the HE-6 but a lighter planar for sub $1k would fill a nice spot. The Abyss at $5k reached for the moon, I don't expect Oppo will be any different. Hope I'm off base and we have a good headphone for a working man's price.
post #56 of 2000

I'm afraid to ask a price point...

post #57 of 2000
They've got the looks. If they've got the sound at a Reasonable price point? Sign me up.
post #58 of 2000

There definitely is a lot going into that design, in terms of aesthetics and attention to detail. I don't foresee a low price TBH.

post #59 of 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

There definitely is a lot going into that design, in terms of aesthetics and attention to detail. I don't foresee a low price TBH.

The same holds true for their universal players, but they are definitely a value compared to others that are comparable. Just for fun, I'm going to speculate $600 :)

post #60 of 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

The same holds true for their universal players, but they are definitely a value compared to others that are comparable. Just for fun, I'm going to speculate $600 smily_headphones1.gif

Sold!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!