I feel a strong Yamaha vibe here, which isn't bad.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:02 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on Today at 10:37 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 24
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
OPPO announced on their Facebook page that they now have a "Future Products" section of their website highlighting the headphones and amp / DAC.
Still no pricing information, but an interesting read nonetheless: http://www.oppodigital.com/future/
It is interesting reading alright. "The diaphragm has a spiraling pattern of flat conductors etched on both sides. The double-sided diaphragm has 7 layers" That makes it sounds like the headphone may not be affordable.
Yes definitely. I could see myself using an iPod Classic with this combo for a perfect office setup. Oppo, since you're on a roll, can you make some mini maggies please?
Oh, 4 pin XLR Balanced? Please tell me these phones can be easily balanced....
I think they're describing your usual (and affordable) Yamaha-type planar driver. But who knows.
It sure sounds like that's the good old mass-produced cheap-great-sounding driver type. But hopefully with strong magnets this time around :-)
(They used to be made by Peerless MB, Yamaha, and Sawafuji)
For those of you who are new to the whole orthodynamic thing, pictures of ancient planar magnetic headphone drivers have ended up over at the wikiphonia (scroll to the end of the page): http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=Isodynamic_%28aka_orthodynamic%29
Edited by DefectiveAudioComponent - 10/19/13 at 2:07pm
I don't know why people expected this to be cheap... I think it will definitely retail at more than 1k.. Looks good and Oppo knows their stuff
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 35 seconds ago
- › 2-4-8 core cable help 35 seconds ago
- › Mini-Meet and Tour at MrSpeakers, San Diego, Saturday May 9, 12-5PM 48 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 55 seconds ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chi Unify 9 when and where? 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › World's first portable Hybrid Valve Headphone Amplifier (with a... 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2