I feel a strong Yamaha vibe here, which isn't bad.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on 5/11/15 at 12:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on 5/20/15 at 12:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 24
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
OPPO announced on their Facebook page that they now have a "Future Products" section of their website highlighting the headphones and amp / DAC.
Still no pricing information, but an interesting read nonetheless: http://www.oppodigital.com/future/
It is interesting reading alright. "The diaphragm has a spiraling pattern of flat conductors etched on both sides. The double-sided diaphragm has 7 layers" That makes it sounds like the headphone may not be affordable.
Yes definitely. I could see myself using an iPod Classic with this combo for a perfect office setup. Oppo, since you're on a roll, can you make some mini maggies please?
Oh, 4 pin XLR Balanced? Please tell me these phones can be easily balanced....
I think they're describing your usual (and affordable) Yamaha-type planar driver. But who knows.
It sure sounds like that's the good old mass-produced cheap-great-sounding driver type. But hopefully with strong magnets this time around :-)
(They used to be made by Peerless MB, Yamaha, and Sawafuji)
For those of you who are new to the whole orthodynamic thing, pictures of ancient planar magnetic headphone drivers have ended up over at the wikiphonia (scroll to the end of the page): http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=Isodynamic_%28aka_orthodynamic%29
Edited by DefectiveAudioComponent - 10/19/13 at 2:07pm
I don't know why people expected this to be cheap... I think it will definitely retail at more than 1k.. Looks good and Oppo knows their stuff
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Band Name Game II 22 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 41 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 46 seconds ago
- › Melodious XM-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 56 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 1 minute ago
- › stax SRD-7 adapter capacitor replacement question? noob question 1 minute ago
- › <200 Open Backs 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2