I feel a strong Yamaha vibe here, which isn't bad.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on 5/11/15 at 12:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on Yesterday at 2:51 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 24
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
OPPO announced on their Facebook page that they now have a "Future Products" section of their website highlighting the headphones and amp / DAC.
Still no pricing information, but an interesting read nonetheless: http://www.oppodigital.com/future/
It is interesting reading alright. "The diaphragm has a spiraling pattern of flat conductors etched on both sides. The double-sided diaphragm has 7 layers" That makes it sounds like the headphone may not be affordable.
Yes definitely. I could see myself using an iPod Classic with this combo for a perfect office setup. Oppo, since you're on a roll, can you make some mini maggies please?
Oh, 4 pin XLR Balanced? Please tell me these phones can be easily balanced....
I think they're describing your usual (and affordable) Yamaha-type planar driver. But who knows.
It sure sounds like that's the good old mass-produced cheap-great-sounding driver type. But hopefully with strong magnets this time around :-)
(They used to be made by Peerless MB, Yamaha, and Sawafuji)
For those of you who are new to the whole orthodynamic thing, pictures of ancient planar magnetic headphone drivers have ended up over at the wikiphonia (scroll to the end of the page): http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=Isodynamic_%28aka_orthodynamic%29
Edited by DefectiveAudioComponent - 10/19/13 at 2:07pm
I don't know why people expected this to be cheap... I think it will definitely retail at more than 1k.. Looks good and Oppo knows their stuff
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 8 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 8 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Looking for over ear headphones <=$200 10 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 12 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)