I feel a strong Yamaha vibe here, which isn't bad.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 2/13/15 at 9:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on 2/18/15 at 12:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on Today at 2:32 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 24
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
OPPO announced on their Facebook page that they now have a "Future Products" section of their website highlighting the headphones and amp / DAC.
Still no pricing information, but an interesting read nonetheless: http://www.oppodigital.com/future/
It is interesting reading alright. "The diaphragm has a spiraling pattern of flat conductors etched on both sides. The double-sided diaphragm has 7 layers" That makes it sounds like the headphone may not be affordable.
Yes definitely. I could see myself using an iPod Classic with this combo for a perfect office setup. Oppo, since you're on a roll, can you make some mini maggies please?
Oh, 4 pin XLR Balanced? Please tell me these phones can be easily balanced....
I think they're describing your usual (and affordable) Yamaha-type planar driver. But who knows.
It sure sounds like that's the good old mass-produced cheap-great-sounding driver type. But hopefully with strong magnets this time around :-)
(They used to be made by Peerless MB, Yamaha, and Sawafuji)
For those of you who are new to the whole orthodynamic thing, pictures of ancient planar magnetic headphone drivers have ended up over at the wikiphonia (scroll to the end of the page): http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=Isodynamic_%28aka_orthodynamic%29
Edited by DefectiveAudioComponent - 10/19/13 at 2:07pm
I don't know why people expected this to be cheap... I think it will definitely retail at more than 1k.. Looks good and Oppo knows their stuff
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial 19 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 23 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Back-Electret/STAX 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 8 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3