- 7,163 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Oz
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 2/13/15 at 9:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on 2/18/15 at 12:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on 2/27/15 at 9:51pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 21
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Only the midrange panels and tweeters of the largest Maggies are 'push/pull' with magnets on both sides of the membrane. All the rest of the panels in their speakers are 'push' only.
I own a pair of maggies similar to the 1.7 which was push only the tension on the stretched plastic membrane pulls itself back to the resting state.
So, lcd3 also one sided magnet, 'push' only too?
No Problem, I thought it may have been, personally I hope it makes it into production as OPPO certainly seem to know what it takes to make good kit.
Weight for me. Look at the hifiman he-4 as an example. One of the lightest planar's out there (350 grams). Still offers a wonderful signature IMO.
I'm dreaming of an lcd that would weight 150 grams less.
My understanding from a bit of research since I do not own these headphones.
In the LCD-2s, you have an array of 12 six per side magnets per driver, these placed on both sides of the membrane in a push-pull configuration
With the LCD-3 you have an array of 16 magnets, 8 per side, per driver as I understand this from a bit of research.
The area of the LCD-2 and the LCD-3 membrane is 6.17 square inches, which is about double the radiating area of a typical dynamic driver of 50mm diameter with 2.5mm maximum excursion available between the magnets.
You can still have some push and pull effect with magnets on one side but Magnepan used to call magnets on one side push like mine some time ago.
Edited by john57 - 10/17/13 at 11:26am
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › JPlay driver not showing in JRiver 20.0.44 2 seconds ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 42 seconds ago
- › Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming) 1 minute ago
- › FS: Emotiva Mini-X (Modded 1/4 adapter + 4 pin XLR) 2 minutes ago
- › QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP 3 minutes ago
- › [AUS] MINT Hifiman RE-600 Songbird IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Kinivo BTH240 Wireless Bluetooth Headset 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3