- 7,163 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Oz
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone using an HDphone extension cord with the PM-1? Last post on 9/5/14 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Free Update for PM-1 owners, - Treble boost Last post on 8/2/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 HEADPHONES: IMPRESSIONS OF A LONG-TIME OPPO FAN (Now with photos) Last post on 8/3/14 at 8:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the Modern Planars: LCD-X vs PM-1 vs HE-560 Last post on 8/4/14 at 2:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Oppo PM-1 Headphones Available For Demonstration | London, UK Last post on 6/4/14 at 8:19am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 21
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Only the midrange panels and tweeters of the largest Maggies are 'push/pull' with magnets on both sides of the membrane. All the rest of the panels in their speakers are 'push' only.
I own a pair of maggies similar to the 1.7 which was push only the tension on the stretched plastic membrane pulls itself back to the resting state.
So, lcd3 also one sided magnet, 'push' only too?
No Problem, I thought it may have been, personally I hope it makes it into production as OPPO certainly seem to know what it takes to make good kit.
Weight for me. Look at the hifiman he-4 as an example. One of the lightest planar's out there (350 grams). Still offers a wonderful signature IMO.
I'm dreaming of an lcd that would weight 150 grams less.
My understanding from a bit of research since I do not own these headphones.
In the LCD-2s, you have an array of 12 six per side magnets per driver, these placed on both sides of the membrane in a push-pull configuration
With the LCD-3 you have an array of 16 magnets, 8 per side, per driver as I understand this from a bit of research.
The area of the LCD-2 and the LCD-3 membrane is 6.17 square inches, which is about double the radiating area of a typical dynamic driver of 50mm diameter with 2.5mm maximum excursion available between the magnets.
You can still have some push and pull effect with magnets on one side but Magnepan used to call magnets on one side push like mine some time ago.
Edited by john57 - 10/17/13 at 11:26am
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 43 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 58 seconds ago
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Love Marriage specialist in Switzerland +91- 9950620150 2 minutes ago
- › /// online love problem solution baba ji +919928576434//headfi?? 2 minutes ago
- › Love Marriage specialist in Australian+91- 9950620150 4 minutes ago
- › Best $300 Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)