or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 128

post #1906 of 2548
Thanks Frank. Very nice and detailed review. I like the comparison with other heavyweights as well. Thumbs up.
post #1907 of 2548

Thank you.Iwanted to get that comparison in so everyone could see how they stacked up . I enjoyed writing this review and glas you liked it.

post #1908 of 2548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

Thank you.Iwanted to get that comparison in so everyone could see how they stacked up . I enjoyed writing this review and glas you liked it.

Fantastic write up Frank! These are beautiful looking headphones that I'm very eager to give a try, but after reading your review, I feel that I almost have. :smile:

post #1909 of 2548

Thanks so much Peter- really appreciate the kind comments:bigsmile_face:

post #1910 of 2548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

Thanks so much Peter- really appreciate the kind comments:bigsmile_face:

Great photo too in the article....really tempting to give these cans a try!

post #1911 of 2548

:ksc75smile::beerchug:

post #1912 of 2548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

:ksc75smile::beerchug:

;)

post #1913 of 2548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

:ksc75smile::beerchug:

 

Frank, thanks for the great review, I like your style man!  Honest, but I think it made you turn green..........same eyes as far as I can tell, but your nose grew as well!

post #1914 of 2548
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

 

Frank, thanks for the great review, I like your style man!  Honest, but I think it made you turn green..........same eyes as far as I can tell, but your nose grew as well!

Baseball time I am always green. Thanks and glad you liked it.

post #1915 of 2548

I hope to audition the Oppo headphones sometime. I've owned several of their DVD players and I trust they will provide a great product.

post #1916 of 2548
Oppo Digital products, specifically it's DVD players, are carried in the Magnolia portion of Best Buy in the US. Is there any chance of the PM-1 and/or the PM-2 showing up there next to the other high-end headphones (Sennheiser, AKG, PSB, and B&W are all there)?
post #1917 of 2548

I bought the PM1 thinking I might return it if I didn't like it, but now it's a definite keeper.

post #1918 of 2548
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman7 View Post

Oppo Digital products, specifically it's DVD players, are carried in the Magnolia portion of Best Buy in the US. Is there any chance of the PM-1 and/or the PM-2 showing up there next to the other high-end headphones (Sennheiser, AKG, PSB, and B&W are all there)?

One thing I can tell you is that when Oppo releases their products, they usually sell them direct first, then after some time they allow 3rd party sellers like Amazon and Best Buy to sell them too.
I am not sure if BB will eventually sell them, but that may be up to BB. If the HRA trend continues to bloom, and stores start selling a lot more high quality personal audio products, I would say the chances are good.
As it stands right now though, IF BB were to carry the PM-1/PM-2/HA-1, it would probably be at least several months before that happens.
Edited by Smarty-pants - 5/19/14 at 9:39pm
post #1919 of 2548
Yes, you are right. Oppo does direct sale first, and in-store retail comes later.

I was in on their beta/preorder for their first Blu-ray player (BDP-83) and it was all direct sale with extensive forum interaction via AVS back then. No reason to break what works.
post #1920 of 2548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

For those interested  http://thehighfidelityreport.com/oppo-pm-1-planar-technology-comes-of-age-2/

A very well written review.  I have been using the PM-1s for just a little over a month, received my pair 4 days after they were released.  I couldn't be happier with the results.  I am using the headphone amp out on my Oppo BDP-105 as the source, playing back SACDs, RBCDs, DVD-As, downloaded FLAC & DSD files via USB thumb drives.  Some earlier posts have compared these phones as being similar to Sennheiser HD650, I disagree I have Sennheiser HD580, HD590, HD600 & HD650 and the PM-1s are much better sounding headphone to my ears.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!