You can see the oval driver underneath the grill. Those look open to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on 5/11/15 at 12:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on Today at 4:55 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Introduction: The newest member of Noble Audio’s line of IEMs, the Savant, has taken Head-Fi by storm and has caught the attention of many eager Head-Fier – myself included. Noble’s reputation for...
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I know Oppo from smartphones, not cd/blu-ray players lol.
Thought the N1 was overrated, especially with the tilting 13MP camera.
They have good phones though, just saying the N1 over hyped.
I hope this headphone is not all hype, as it looks really classy. Certainly a breath of fresh air
Whoa. The new Oppo N1 looks amazing. Almost starting to regret my decision of getting the Nokia Lumia 1020!
Like `em. Oppo are also biggish in smart phones : they were the first to bring full 1080p to a 5 inch device, before HTC. I saw the units in Bangkok about 6 months ago; they looked great but I had never heard of them, and now I`m hearing a lot about them. I have a suspicion the name is supposed to sound like `Apple` in Chinese, but I won`t hold it against them if the headphones are good !
I've read that Oppo was taken from the word "opportunity". This company is also well known in other regions like Russia as BBK Electronics. So it is a pretty big company which means that they can produce in big quantity at affordable prices.
That's extremely surprising...
I mostly know Oppo from their smartphones as I am an owner of an Oppo Find 5 phone and I also heard good things about their players but hearing them entering the headphone market and straight to a planar driver is beyond what I would thought of Oppo.
In terms of hardware and design, they do think mostly out of the box but this, this is making my mind blow.
I would definitively want to hear it.
By the way on Russian BBK site they sell a range of headphones.
Edited by mutabor - 10/13/13 at 2:17pm
PRICE, PEOPLE, PRICE. Lol.
I kind of would want to move back towards planars...
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/13/13 at 2:32pm
Call me intriguted on this new headphone offering.
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Dt880 vs k712 pro?? 56 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 2 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noble 3 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)