Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 81

post #1201 of 2545
I also heard the xc through a McIntosh cd player and a liquid gold amp. It sounded more organic I guess but I just couldn't get into it. But the lcd3 through it was sublime. I was willing to not care about the wall of sound. But for what I can afford the he560 is probably going to be my best bet unless they can do something with this OPPO or the new fostex. Considering going back to dynamic transducers anyways as planar seem to have so much body to the sound it can be fatiguing. I really really really want to try the th900 but I worry about the distant miss and have heard quite a few people saying the highs are bleeders. Even though I look at the FR graph and it looks to have about the second treble as the he6 but with a dip in the upper mids and the obvious bass boost
post #1202 of 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaCosmos View Post

I also heard the xc through a McIntosh cd player and a liquid gold amp. It sounded more organic I guess but I just couldn't get into it. But the lcd3 through it was sublime. I was willing to not care about the wall of sound. But for what I can afford the he560 is probably going to be my best bet unless they can do something with this OPPO or the new fostex. Considering going back to dynamic transducers anyways as planar seem to have so much body to the sound it can be fatiguing. I really really really want to try the th900 but I worry about the distant miss and have heard quite a few people saying the highs are bleeders. Even though I look at the FR graph and it looks to have about the second treble as the he6 but with a dip in the upper mids and the obvious bass boost

I own the th900s and I prefer the XCs. One has to make sacrifices with closed headphones, but I find those sacrifices are minimal with the XCs. If you can go open headphone, then that would be my preferred choice. I do prefer the LCD-3 and LCD-X.

FWIW, I haven't heard the LAu, but I've previously owned both the LF and LL and both were very underwhelming to my ears.
post #1203 of 2545
This silence from oppo on a date is getting stupid...
Even Hifiman gave us a date.
It doesn't have to be exact but if nothing but a "season" of the year that speaks volumes of them having problems.. With... Something..
tongue.gif
post #1204 of 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

This silence from oppo on a date is getting stupid...
Even Hifiman gave us a date.
It doesn't have to be exact but if nothing but a "season" of the year that speaks volumes of them having problems.. With... Something..
tongue.gif

 

That's probably why everyone is talking about all sorts of headphones OTHER than the Oppos in this thread now :D

post #1205 of 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post
 

 

That's where weight distribution comes in: the Hifiman are good, the LCD-X wasn't for me.

 

I feel obliged to bring people back on earth when they hype the LCD-X so much (same would go for any headphone, but the hype for the Audeze is crazy here) that I find it very misleading and - almost like - wrong advertisement.

 

The LCD-X are very good headphones, there's absolutely no doubt about that, but when I read the LCD-X and EF-6 are a match made in heaven, that I can't let pass.

The LCD-X hiss and is quite boring on this amp. I bought them based on this feedback that it was so good on the EF-6. That's simply not true and I lost $300 for just trying.

 

I see...well I don't know if you can say on the one hand that you don't like the headphones, and then on the other say you're trying to bring people back down to earth. All you're really doing in that case is the exact same thing as the "hype" crowd, except in the other direction. 

post #1206 of 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post
 

 

I see...well I don't know if you can say on the one hand that you don't like the headphones, and then on the other say you're trying to bring people back down to earth. All you're really doing in that case is the exact same thing as the "hype" crowd, except in the other direction. 

No, because at the same time I say it is a very good headphone.

I'm not bashing it (otherwise I'd just say it'd plain suck), I'm just saying what people who are hyping the headphone so much tend to omit.

post #1207 of 2545
I remember considering the Audeze at one point... But then I went with HFM and never got back to them...
Oh well perhaps one day, if they reduce the weight.
post #1208 of 2545

Early 2014 is turning into mid 2014, Spring is sprung, Summer will be here soon, OPPO needs to change the release date again, time marches on...

post #1209 of 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

This silence from oppo on a date is getting stupid...
Even Hifiman gave us a date.
It doesn't have to be exact but if nothing but a "season" of the year that speaks volumes of them having problems.. With... Something..
tongue.gif

I agree…  

 

Or maybe they're outta money…  lol:evil:


Edited by dyang - 3/14/14 at 8:22pm
post #1210 of 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post
 

No, because at the same time I say it is a very good headphone.

I'm not bashing it (otherwise I'd just say it'd plain suck), I'm just saying what people who are hyping the headphone so much tend to omit.

 

Well, to take me for example, I simply don't have the same opinion about the headphone as you do. I'm not omitting it, I just see it differently. May very well be that's the same for others, as well. 

post #1211 of 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

This silence from oppo on a date is getting stupid...
Even Hifiman gave us a date.
It doesn't have to be exact but if nothing but a "season" of the year that speaks volumes of them having problems.. With... Something..
tongue.gif

 

I said this a month or two ago, and feel even more strongly about it now - there just HAS to be something wrong. I don't know if it's inherent in the design, or if they are experiencing a high failure rate, or if a supplier has screwed them, or if the thing is even still a viable project. To miss the estimated availability date by THIS much, you're going to have potential buyers assuming the worst. 

post #1212 of 2545

*patiently waiting

post #1213 of 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post
 

 

That's where weight distribution comes in: the Hifiman are good, the LCD-X wasn't for me.

 

I feel obliged to bring people back on earth when they hype the LCD-X so much (same would go for any headphone, but the hype for the Audeze is crazy here) that I find it very misleading and - almost like - wrong advertisement.

 

The LCD-X are very good headphones, there's absolutely no doubt about that, but when I read the LCD-X and EF-6 are a match made in heaven, that I can't let pass.

The LCD-X hiss and is quite boring on this amp. I bought them based on this feedback that it was so good on the EF-6. That's simply not true and I lost $300 for just trying.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/2/14 at 11:26pm
post #1214 of 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post
 


There is 60 million people in California. Audeze is in California. Lots of head-fi meets in California. If you really wanted to try them I think you could have found a way other than being out $300. Sorry for your loss, but I think this is one that's on you.

Most of the Head-Fi meets are in the bay area (L.A. , SF, etc.) It makes it hard when you don't have a car.

post #1215 of 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneraI View Post
 

Most of the Head-Fi meets are in the bay area (L.A. , SF, etc.) It makes it hard when you don't have a car.


+1 I feel your pain for the ones in Seattle as well...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!