Who wants to join me in making a plasma transducer headphone?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on 5/11/15 at 12:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on Today at 2:52 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 73
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Not sure if this was posted, but here's an update that I missed:
Unless something massively changes, this will be my next gear upgrade.
DAC/Amp/Pre-Amp/Bluetooth/Apple direct line in support
I've been eye balling Audio-GD gear (including the NFB-28) for awhile and this popped up before I could make a decision. $1200 I think is reasonable, anything past that, not so much. It would be great if it hit the $800-900 price, but it's unlikely it will be that low for all the great features. It will be even better since I can buy it locally.
i thought the same thing.
the oppo amplifier has a gorgeous display but the áudio-gd products are fully discrete analog stage(with acss and volume control with relay)
i'm really curious what this headphone is going to bring to the table compared to the other planars.
the pads look like the ones on my friends ah-d600 but with holes on the side. they're starting to crack everywhere
The HA-1 has a fully discrete analog stage. The price is reasonable if it performs well, considering the functionality. I don't like fancy displays on audio equipment, since they're likely to fail before anything else.
in the oppo site, i read that the dac-preamp section is the same of the bdp-105.
if i´m not wrong, after the sabre exist the op-amps.
Ok, I didn't realize the BDP-105 used opamps in the DAC output stage. I wonder if it makes any difference? The HA-1 has a fully discrete class A balanced amp section, so maybe they're using discrete components where they make more of a difference. Definitely on my must-listen list, in any case.
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 13 seconds ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile Newbie, I need help choosing a portable DAC/AMP. 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The use of DAC&lifier 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a pair of open back headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2