Who wants to join me in making a plasma transducer headphone?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone using an HDphone extension cord with the PM-1? Last post on 11/25/14 at 9:24am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Free Update for PM-1 owners, - Treble boost Last post on 8/2/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 HEADPHONES: IMPRESSIONS OF A LONG-TIME OPPO FAN (Now with photos) Last post on 8/3/14 at 8:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Impression: Oppo Find 7 and Oppo N1's Stock earphones Last post on 7/24/14 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Battle of the Modern Planars: LCD-X vs PM-1 vs HE-560 Last post on 8/4/14 at 2:32am in Headphones (full-size)
I am really surprised to see so many positive reviews on the DT 770. To my ears, the sound this headphone renders is muffled. To my ears they sound as though someone has placed a heavy cloth over...
I have owned the Ultrasone Pro 750 for approximately 6 years and to say that I am familiar with the sound of this particular headphone would be an immense understatement. As a highly experienced...
So I bought these because I wanted to sleep and I can't sleep with over ear headphones on a window seat since the moment you put pressure on the bands, it goes haywire(the noise...
it take some time to fit these properly one of a kind sound great mids and highs, female vocal is good, male vocal a bit thin. At this price range, you can not get better bass, its the kind of...
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 73
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Not sure if this was posted, but here's an update that I missed:
Unless something massively changes, this will be my next gear upgrade.
DAC/Amp/Pre-Amp/Bluetooth/Apple direct line in support
I've been eye balling Audio-GD gear (including the NFB-28) for awhile and this popped up before I could make a decision. $1200 I think is reasonable, anything past that, not so much. It would be great if it hit the $800-900 price, but it's unlikely it will be that low for all the great features. It will be even better since I can buy it locally.
i thought the same thing.
the oppo amplifier has a gorgeous display but the áudio-gd products are fully discrete analog stage(with acss and volume control with relay)
i'm really curious what this headphone is going to bring to the table compared to the other planars.
the pads look like the ones on my friends ah-d600 but with holes on the side. they're starting to crack everywhere
The HA-1 has a fully discrete analog stage. The price is reasonable if it performs well, considering the functionality. I don't like fancy displays on audio equipment, since they're likely to fail before anything else.
in the oppo site, i read that the dac-preamp section is the same of the bdp-105.
if i´m not wrong, after the sabre exist the op-amps.
Ok, I didn't realize the BDP-105 used opamps in the DAC output stage. I wonder if it makes any difference? The HA-1 has a fully discrete class A balanced amp section, so maybe they're using discrete components where they make more of a difference. Definitely on my must-listen list, in any case.
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 15 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 328 IEMs compared (Lear LUF-4F / LUF-4B / LUF-4C... 37 seconds ago
- › Synergistic Research "Atmosphere" 1 minute ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 6 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica Limited Edition Woodies: ATH-ESW9LTD!! 7 minutes ago
- › KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by pete4sound
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Peter Pinna
- › Ultrasone PRO 750 by Peter Pinna
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by yialanliu
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by 10shot9miss
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)