Who wants to join me in making a plasma transducer headphone?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on 8/11/15 at 6:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on 8/19/15 at 3:49am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as output amp. It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter has it's...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 73
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Not sure if this was posted, but here's an update that I missed:
Unless something massively changes, this will be my next gear upgrade.
DAC/Amp/Pre-Amp/Bluetooth/Apple direct line in support
I've been eye balling Audio-GD gear (including the NFB-28) for awhile and this popped up before I could make a decision. $1200 I think is reasonable, anything past that, not so much. It would be great if it hit the $800-900 price, but it's unlikely it will be that low for all the great features. It will be even better since I can buy it locally.
i thought the same thing.
the oppo amplifier has a gorgeous display but the áudio-gd products are fully discrete analog stage(with acss and volume control with relay)
i'm really curious what this headphone is going to bring to the table compared to the other planars.
the pads look like the ones on my friends ah-d600 but with holes on the side. they're starting to crack everywhere
The HA-1 has a fully discrete analog stage. The price is reasonable if it performs well, considering the functionality. I don't like fancy displays on audio equipment, since they're likely to fail before anything else.
in the oppo site, i read that the dac-preamp section is the same of the bdp-105.
if i´m not wrong, after the sabre exist the op-amps.
Ok, I didn't realize the BDP-105 used opamps in the DAC output stage. I wonder if it makes any difference? The HA-1 has a fully discrete class A balanced amp section, so maybe they're using discrete components where they make more of a difference. Definitely on my must-listen list, in any case.
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Pre-Sale $150 Voucher, Video,... 5 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 7 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Fitear parterre v1 glossy 1 minute ago
- › Chesky Records Tournament Finals: Last Chance to get 50% off any... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Bought used He-400i and the connectors are different? 3 minutes ago
- › B&W P7 Recable... 4 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2