Who wants to join me in making a plasma transducer headphone?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 3:39 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on Yesterday at 12:55 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 73
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Not sure if this was posted, but here's an update that I missed:
Unless something massively changes, this will be my next gear upgrade.
DAC/Amp/Pre-Amp/Bluetooth/Apple direct line in support
I've been eye balling Audio-GD gear (including the NFB-28) for awhile and this popped up before I could make a decision. $1200 I think is reasonable, anything past that, not so much. It would be great if it hit the $800-900 price, but it's unlikely it will be that low for all the great features. It will be even better since I can buy it locally.
i thought the same thing.
the oppo amplifier has a gorgeous display but the áudio-gd products are fully discrete analog stage(with acss and volume control with relay)
i'm really curious what this headphone is going to bring to the table compared to the other planars.
the pads look like the ones on my friends ah-d600 but with holes on the side. they're starting to crack everywhere
The HA-1 has a fully discrete analog stage. The price is reasonable if it performs well, considering the functionality. I don't like fancy displays on audio equipment, since they're likely to fail before anything else.
in the oppo site, i read that the dac-preamp section is the same of the bdp-105.
if i´m not wrong, after the sabre exist the op-amps.
Ok, I didn't realize the BDP-105 used opamps in the DAC output stage. I wonder if it makes any difference? The HA-1 has a fully discrete class A balanced amp section, so maybe they're using discrete components where they make more of a difference. Definitely on my must-listen list, in any case.
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 31 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 = Waste of Money (and general discussion) 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 5 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 5 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 7 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 8 minutes ago
- › Copper vs Silver...MEASURED (surprising) 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2