Who wants to join me in making a plasma transducer headphone?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- OPPO PM-1 HEADPHONES: IMPRESSIONS OF A LONG-TIME OPPO FAN (Now with photos) Last post on 8/3/14 at 8:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the Modern Planars: LCD-X vs PM-1 vs HE-560 Last post on 8/4/14 at 2:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Oppo PM-1 Headphones Available For Demonstration | London, UK Last post on 6/4/14 at 8:19am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here Last post on 8/26/14 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- TOTL HP Shootout: OPPO PM-1, HD800, LCD2.2, T1, HE500, Fostex TH900, HD650, HD600 Last post on 8/24/14 at 10:18am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: Yesterday
Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! - Page 73
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not sure if this was posted, but here's an update that I missed:
Unless something massively changes, this will be my next gear upgrade.
DAC/Amp/Pre-Amp/Bluetooth/Apple direct line in support
I've been eye balling Audio-GD gear (including the NFB-28) for awhile and this popped up before I could make a decision. $1200 I think is reasonable, anything past that, not so much. It would be great if it hit the $800-900 price, but it's unlikely it will be that low for all the great features. It will be even better since I can buy it locally.
i thought the same thing.
the oppo amplifier has a gorgeous display but the áudio-gd products are fully discrete analog stage(with acss and volume control with relay)
i'm really curious what this headphone is going to bring to the table compared to the other planars.
the pads look like the ones on my friends ah-d600 but with holes on the side. they're starting to crack everywhere
The HA-1 has a fully discrete analog stage. The price is reasonable if it performs well, considering the functionality. I don't like fancy displays on audio equipment, since they're likely to fail before anything else.
in the oppo site, i read that the dac-preamp section is the same of the bdp-105.
if i´m not wrong, after the sabre exist the op-amps.
Ok, I didn't realize the BDP-105 used opamps in the DAC output stage. I wonder if it makes any difference? The HA-1 has a fully discrete class A balanced amp section, so maybe they're using discrete components where they make more of a difference. Definitely on my must-listen list, in any case.
- Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 1 minute ago
- › Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Best looking tube amp 5 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 7 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 10 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 13 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs new variant : Picollo DAC 15 minutes ago
- › Hello and Help 17 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)