Hi guys I am wondering why my headphone plays most old songs like that, I noticed that newer songs do not have this, I am not sure if old songs were recorded that way or my headphone is not playing it correctly. I hope it's because old songs were recorded that way though, really love this pair of cans.
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 10/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598? Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598 Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- In the market for a pair of headphones, but no place to demo any. So how do I go about this? Last post on 2/11/15 at 12:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Why does my HD 558 plays some instruments on the left side?
post #1 of 5
10/11/13 at 10:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 5
10/11/13 at 10:56pm
post #3 of 5
10/13/13 at 6:15am
In the early days of stereo, I believe they tended to mix very specifically to separate speakers because it was a new technology and they wanted to really show off the fact that music was coming from two directions. That evolved to a point where now, the goal is to try to make music sound like it is coming from different places everywhere between the left and right boundaries.
post #4 of 5
10/13/13 at 8:18am
Yup, nothing is wrong. It is the recordings.
If it bothers you you could try a crossfade of some sort.. Or try listening in mono mode where it completely mixes the two channels.
- Why does my HD 558 plays some instruments on the left side?
Currently, there are 3479 Active Users (693 Members and 2786 Guests)
- › 1964 | Adel A10/ A12 - New Flagship Discussion / Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 26 seconds ago
- › Looking for headphones 300-450$ 43 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 51 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › akg k612 vs Q701 2 minutes ago
- › WAV Sounds The Best (To Me) 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Auditioned Sennheiser HD-26 PRO 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2