Hi guys I am wondering why my headphone plays most old songs like that, I noticed that newer songs do not have this, I am not sure if old songs were recorded that way or my headphone is not playing it correctly. I hope it's because old songs were recorded that way though, really love this pair of cans.
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 10/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 558 vs. NC headphones like PXC450 or Bose QC15? Last post on 4/8/14 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD558, HD598, RS170, RS180 - Which one is better ? Last post on 4/7/14 at 12:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Impressions on the new Beats Solo HD 2.0 (Drenched in Color) Last post on 4/1/14 at 6:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD 558s - capable of being balanced? Last post on 3/25/14 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD668B VS HD 558 and HD558 Burn in. Last post on 3/31/14 at 5:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Why does my HD 558 plays some instruments on the left side?post #1 of 510/11/13 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 510/11/13 at 10:56pmpost #3 of 510/13/13 at 6:15amIn the early days of stereo, I believe they tended to mix very specifically to separate speakers because it was a new technology and they wanted to really show off the fact that music was coming from two directions. That evolved to a point where now, the goal is to try to make music sound like it is coming from different places everywhere between the left and right boundaries.post #4 of 510/13/13 at 8:18am
Yup, nothing is wrong. It is the recordings.
If it bothers you you could try a crossfade of some sort.. Or try listening in mono mode where it completely mixes the two channels.
- Why does my HD 558 plays some instruments on the left side?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Currently, there are 2447 Active Users (435 Members and 2012 Guests)
- › MHDT Steeplechase Tube 24/192 DAC - Thoughts? 13 seconds ago
- › Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full... 20 seconds ago
- › $2.50 CD player sounds better than my iPod. 20 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Closed headphones for metal 2 minutes ago
- › Hifman EF-6 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob