Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Which is considered a fun sounding headphone? HD650 vs Fidelio X1 vs AKG Annies
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which is considered a fun sounding headphone? HD650 vs Fidelio X1 vs AKG Annies - Page 2

Poll Results: Which do you guys prefer as a "fun" sounding headphone?

 
  • 19% (7)
    Senn HD650
  • 8% (3)
    AKG K702 Annies
  • 72% (26)
    Philips Fidelio X1
36 Total Votes  
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by maricius View Post

I'm just afraid that the bass would be too overpowering. The E11's have a rather loose bass… not as loose as the E10 but yeah

Well, and different amps have their bass boost set at different frequencies. I don't personally care for the bass boost on amps that boost the midbass region because typically it's the lower midbass/sub bass that has started to roll off, which where I would like the boost. So you might check into what frequencies are boosted and see how that fits your listening needs AND the headphones you will use the amp with.
post #17 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Well, and different amps have their bass boost set at different frequencies. I don't personally care for the bass boost on amps that boost the midbass region because typically it's the lower midbass/sub bass that has started to roll off, which where I would like the boost. So you might check into what frequencies are boosted and see how that fits your listening needs AND the headphones you will use the amp with.

Oh I didn't mean the bass boost of the amplifiers but more on the sound signature of these. The E11 is a rather dark sounding amp and I'm trying to say that maybe these would make the bass of both HD650 and X1 too overpowering possibly even giving them that so called veil
post #18 of 23

why do most people compare the x1 to the k702 anni?

the one sells for 200€ the other one for 500€...

just curious

post #19 of 23
America, the X1 is $300, the Annie is $350
post #20 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRaphi View Post

why do most people compare the x1 to the k702 anni?
the one sells for 200€ the other one for 500€...
just curious

The aforementioned headphoes are considered the best that "mid-fi" has to offer for those looking for a warmer, fun, yet still balanced sound signature as compared to the brigher headphones such as the Beyers or the earlier AKG models. Their similarities will lead to people asking for comparisons and what one headphone would have over another.

My problem now though is the possible release of an X2, the K712, etc. haha
post #21 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

America, the X1 is $300, the Annie is $350

thx for the answer :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maricius View Post


The aforementioned headphoes are considered the best that "mid-fi" has to offer for those looking for a warmer, fun, yet still balanced sound signature as compared to the brigher headphones such as the Beyers or the earlier AKG models. Their similarities will lead to people asking for comparisons and what one headphone would have over another.

My problem now though is the possible release of an X2, the K712, etc. haha

since the sale to funai got canceled it's possible that there will be a successor to the x1

post #22 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRaphi View Post

thx for the answer smily_headphones1.gif

since the sale to funai got canceled it's possible that there will be a successor to the x1

I heard. Maybe Philips canceled the deal after they were inspired by the head-fiers at canjam… who knows
Edited by maricius - 10/30/13 at 5:47am
post #23 of 23
Not sure if u got your answer but after owning all three the hd650 has the best transient response and attack when amped right. It smacks the hardest with supple bass but not enough extension. The x1, apart from its bass and soundstage is soundstage sounds the most diffuse, aloof, distant and soft making you think the drummer( most exciting part of the music though not the most important) is far away. The he 400 is good but lacks the dynamics of the hd650 as well however it maybe the most fun sound signature and most impressive of the three. The hd650 IS THE GENRE MASTER of the three
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Which is considered a fun sounding headphone? HD650 vs Fidelio X1 vs AKG Annies