Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › [Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise. - Page 8

post #106 of 198
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvlyminck View Post
 

But the LG also have Hi-res Audio, and should be the best sounding Smartphone on the planet right now, so does it bring something to upgrade it with the Kunlun? Maybe the E12 will make more sence?

 

Having HD playback capability doesn't in anyway indicates that a smartphone is good sounding, left alone being best.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #107 of 198

Any updates regarding the E18 being able to drive the Mad Dogs or not?

post #108 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

Maybe. I don't have any iOS7 devices to try, but E18 isn't designed to run on iDevice nor have the MFi chip inside.

ah, so that is the key, mFi chip to be able to determine if an amp can be used by iPhone lightning adapter on iOS device :-)
post #109 of 198
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSantana View Post


ah, so that is the key, mFi chip to be able to determine if an amp can be used by iPhone lightning adapter on iOS device :-)

 

MFi chip makes compatible iOS devices capable of hosting / using the DAC natively with any additional setup. But there is still a chance that you might get it to work with the Camera Connection Kit and perhaps also a powered USB hub. Not really portable that way though.

post #110 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

 

MFi chip makes compatible iOS devices capable of hosting / using the DAC natively with any additional setup. But there is still a chance that you might get it to work with the Camera Connection Kit and perhaps also a powered USB hub. Not really portable that way though.

 

MFi is the 'system' before iOS 7. that includes iPod classics etc. Devs with iOS7 work with the CCK over the USBAudio1 protocol. (I haven't tested it, but technically it should work! Powered hub is for the units without the good 'self powered' design, E18 has a good one. so you just need a CCK to test) 

post #111 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

MFi chip makes compatible iOS devices capable of hosting / using the DAC natively with any additional setup. But there is still a chance that you might get it to work with the Camera Connection Kit and perhaps also a powered USB hub. Not really portable that way though.

Cool, thanks for the explanation man :-)
post #112 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSantana View Post


Cool, thanks for the explanation man :-)

NP, but please remember that my explanation is only technical, I havent tested the thing! :) (e.i don't buy it if you are not sure too!! :P :P )

post #113 of 198
A quick question above it say it works with ios7 that's great but do the controls work can you play pause skip tracks as well?
post #114 of 198

Very nice... I might have to pick this up one day for some use with DI.Fm to see how much of a quality increase I can get out of my terrible CellPhone Audio! 

 

Hopefully, once I get a chance to listen, I'll have something worth while to recommend to all those Droid Using Music lovers! At least will we can convince em to get something like the X3 or an hm 601

post #115 of 198

An X3 or the coming X5 with Android would make the E18 obsolete , so that won´t happen altrough I would wish a Wlan chip.

post #116 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvlyminck View Post
 

An X3 or the coming X5 with Android would make the E18 obsolete , so that won´t happen altrough I would wish a Wlan chip.

well the E18 would be the first step to getting these Cell Phone music lovers into an X5. Any one who owns an E18 might wind up on head fi, which would be a grat place to sell their E18 after they upgrade to an X3 or X5.

 

ANd X5 with Droid... EWW. Not sure how I feel about that honestly... oh well I'm not a HUGE Fiio Fan so I could care less... still I'm also having to get my HM 801 repaired next month so I might try the X3 or DX50 while my HM 801 is out 

post #117 of 198
Hi, everybody! Can i use fiio e18 + e12 with my Note 2 at the same time? If yes, are usb on the go cable is incuded in e18 accsessories?
post #118 of 198

You can use them simultaneously.

The cable is included in the package.

post #119 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Very nice... I might have to pick this up one day for some use with DI.Fm to see how much of a quality increase I can get out of my terrible CellPhone Audio! 

 

Hopefully, once I get a chance to listen, I'll have something worth while to recommend to all those Droid Using Music lovers! At least will we can convince em to get something like the X3 or an hm 601

Listening to di.fm right now :)

post #120 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post

You can use them simultaneously.
The cable is included in the package.
Thanks mate:) e12 do not need to conect to 18 right? Just in phone?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › [Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise.