Head-Fi.org › Forums › For Sale / Trade Forums › For Sale / Trade (and Feedback) Forums › Headphones for Sale / Trade › SOLD: Pioneer SE-700RP, an SE-700 mod [Major Price Drop!]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For Sale: SOLD: Pioneer SE-700RP, an SE-700 mod [Major Price Drop!]

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
This Classified is Closed

For Sale:
SOLD: Pioneer SE-700RP, an SE-700 mod [Major Price Drop!]

Will Ship To: Anywhere

Check this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/679210/diy-project-pioneer-se-700rp-t50rp-drivers-pioneer-se-700-56k-dont-even-try

 

The "SE-700RP" is a DIY project of mine. I bought a T50RP a while ago for modding but set it aside because the stock sound was so atrocious that I didn't believe anything good could possibly come from it.

 

Well I was wrong, turns out Fostex has a knack for making incredibly bad implementations for their drivers. Guess a mass of thick, poor quality felt covering the <ENTIRE> driver wasn't a very good idea, guys. 

 

This particular headphone is crisp, clean and bright sounding. Very VERY nice soundstaging and imaging, best I've ever heard, and while heavier than the stock SE-700, nice and comfy to wear. Sounds a lot like the Sony SA5000, but with much better soundstaging and far faster drivers. If you like Grados, you'll probably love this headphone.

 

Consequentially, this is NOT a basshead can by any means. However, you can probably get more out of the driver with a bit of playing around. I did the best I could without closing the earcup. The T50RP driver is pretty versatile, so I wouldn't be surprised if you can get it sounding better than I did.

 

The asking price is for everything-- the finished headphone with T50RP pads, the unused T50RP parts and cable, and the T50RP box. If you wanted to, you could even disassemble this completely and make your own mod. The price is taking into consideration the cost of the SE-700, the pads, and the T50RP, which all in all cost me around $200. 

 

Price is $150 with shipping and PayPal included. PM with offers.

 

If this doesn't sell, I'll be disassembling the project and selling them separately. Though that would be a shame, as the headphone really does sound quite good, far better than either of the headphones that went into making it.

 

Thanks! 


Edited by takato14 - 12/1/13 at 7:38pm
post #2 of 16
Thread Starter 

Bump...?

post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 

Bump. Argh.

post #4 of 16

Dumpy de BUMP also interesting looking! 

post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 

Bump. Price drop.


Edited by takato14 - 10/23/13 at 12:14pm
post #6 of 16

Dmnit man I'm broke quit temptin me 

post #7 of 16

I actually mind buying this just for the shell and stick one of my spare SR-5 stat drivers inside. Btw, nice bag. :wink:

post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

I actually mind buying this just for the shell and stick one of my spare SR-5 stat drivers inside. Btw, nice bag. :wink:

DON'T TEMPT him :3 hope your serious though! I'd love to see some one own this, as it would b a shame to hear he had to take it apart... I hope you at least listen to it before you FrakenMod it 

post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

DON'T TEMPT him :3 hope your serious though! I'd love to see some one own this, as it would b a shame to hear he had to take it apart... I hope you at least listen to it before you FrakenMod it 

lol...I got too many vintage drivers that need housings. 

post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

lol...I got too many vintage drivers that need housings. 

Then go for it! I'm soo broke I can;t afford anything atm 

post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 

Bump...?

post #12 of 16

just make sure you pay me since it was my se-700 in the first place that you said the driver broke when you were supposed to be refurbishing for me.:deadhorse:

post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "teds View Post

just make sure you pay me since it was my se-700 in the first place that you said the driver broke when you were supposed to be refurbishing for me.deadhorse.gif

Damn. I hoped you wouldn't see this so I could surprise you with that once it sold. I've been meaning to pay you back, but my PayPal has been barren for ages.

You thought I had forgotten, didn't you? tongue.gif 


Edited by takato14 - 11/1/13 at 8:46pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by teds headfood View Post
 

just make sure you pay me since it was my se-700 in the first place that you said the driver broke when you were supposed to be refurbishing for me.:deadhorse:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post
 

Damn. I hoped you wouldn't see this so I could surprise you with that once it sold. I've been meaning to pay you back, but my PayPal has been barren for ages.

You thought I had forgotten, didn't you? tongue.gif 

Oh mai this got messy 

post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 

Last bump and price drop.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi.org › Forums › For Sale / Trade Forums › For Sale / Trade (and Feedback) Forums › Headphones for Sale / Trade › SOLD: Pioneer SE-700RP, an SE-700 mod [Major Price Drop!]