- 8,388 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-560 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs K812 -- quick impressions Last post on 8/25/14 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has somebody tried K812 and GS1000i under HP-A8? How do they sound like? Last post on 6/18/14 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Real Deal Beats Thread Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Some thoughts on AKG K812 pro Last post on 5/13/14 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
Well after lots and lots of reading I finally decided to buy these as my primary headphones. I was so excited I didn't even wait until I got home to un-box them. First thing you will notice is the...
HiFiMAN HE-400i and HE-560 review & comparison - w/ stock grilles and Focus pads Disclaimer: The following review/comparison is my subjective assessment of the two headphones. The differences...
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
AKG K812 Pro - Page 53
Gear mentioned in this thread:
what's wrong with the stock cable? It's soft, light weight, non microphonic, rolls up into a small bundle for easy travel. I would like a shorter version.
I know they're not even in the same category, but how is the tonal balance compared to the Focal Spirit Pro? Would you say it's just as neutral and well balanced?
I second the propoal.
You would need to rewire the headphones to have neparate neutral wires out. i.e. a 4 pin connector instead of the 3 pin connector it has at the moment.
Or you could put a 2 pin connector as used in the HD800 in each cup and you could share cables between the two.
The other option is to hard wire the cable into the headphone with 4 wire cable.
Oh yeah. I bet it's 10 times more transparent. Haha. I was asking about the frequency response (tonality)
I'm only asking because I know you're a big Focal fan, and these headphones have redefinied the word "neutrality" for me. I've heard nothing like it. My HE-500/LCD-2 are more resolving yet I enjoy the Spirit Pro a lot for its balanced presentation.
Edited by M-13 - 1/28/14 at 8:12pm
Loop freak, you're a funny guy. You do realize one must have a hotel room to sleep in whether they have the K812 or not right? So not sure what the hidden cost is unless you sleep on ths streets when you are on business trips, which I guess would be kind of funny. Haha.
It can hold the HD 800, K812, TH900, and just about any other large headphone of a more standard shape (read: not Abyss or TakeT).
I've been using it for a while now, and it seems to offer a lot of protection. I almost always use these when carrying the HD 800, TH900, TH600, and D7000 as I'm not comfortable with the vulnerability of their hinges when using my standard (gasp!) Ziploc bags:
The Ziploc bag you see underneath the AK240 in the photo I posted earlier is to hold the K812's cable--unfortunately, the SLAPPA case doesn't include any cable storage mesh or separator.
Hey Jude, Thanks!
(I actually own the Slappa case too. LOL. I bought it for my 7520, but I ended up just using the leather pouch it came with). I started throwing the 7520 and Spirit Pro in my bag without hard cases because they're built well. Not in ziplocks, but just in their respective pouches. Haha.
Now I know for sure that the K812 will fit in my case (I thought it might be the Slappa but wanted to ask anyway), so finally I'll have a use for them! I'm leaning hard on the getting the K812 (I want to be unchained from speaker amps).
- AKG K812 Pro
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 21 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 25 seconds ago
- › Is a lossy-lossy conversion process really that degrading in terms... 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 2 minutes ago
- › Replacement pads for Audio Technica ath-m30x. BD edt-250V? 2 minutes ago
- › new to linux 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 4 minutes ago
- › AD900X VS Hyper x Clouds 5 minutes ago
- › Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full... 5 minutes ago
- › portable IEM recommendations 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by UnnownPlan
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by conquerator2
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by conquerator2
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)