- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/15/15 at 3:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- COMPARISON / REVIEW: A tale of two flagships (part deux) – Beyerdynamic T1 vs AKG K812 Last post on 5/9/16 at 3:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AKG K812 Pro - Page 53
Gear mentioned in this thread:
what's wrong with the stock cable? It's soft, light weight, non microphonic, rolls up into a small bundle for easy travel. I would like a shorter version.
I know they're not even in the same category, but how is the tonal balance compared to the Focal Spirit Pro? Would you say it's just as neutral and well balanced?
I second the propoal.
You would need to rewire the headphones to have neparate neutral wires out. i.e. a 4 pin connector instead of the 3 pin connector it has at the moment.
Or you could put a 2 pin connector as used in the HD800 in each cup and you could share cables between the two.
The other option is to hard wire the cable into the headphone with 4 wire cable.
Oh yeah. I bet it's 10 times more transparent. Haha. I was asking about the frequency response (tonality)
I'm only asking because I know you're a big Focal fan, and these headphones have redefinied the word "neutrality" for me. I've heard nothing like it. My HE-500/LCD-2 are more resolving yet I enjoy the Spirit Pro a lot for its balanced presentation.
Edited by M-13 - 1/28/14 at 8:12pm
Loop freak, you're a funny guy. You do realize one must have a hotel room to sleep in whether they have the K812 or not right? So not sure what the hidden cost is unless you sleep on ths streets when you are on business trips, which I guess would be kind of funny. Haha.
Only the slummy ones. The 5-Star ones LoopFreak goes to come with $6,000 DAPs in plastic bags apparently....
It can hold the HD 800, K812, TH900, and just about any other large headphone of a more standard shape (read: not Abyss or TakeT).
I've been using it for a while now, and it seems to offer a lot of protection. I almost always use these when carrying the HD 800, TH900, TH600, and D7000 as I'm not comfortable with the vulnerability of their hinges when using my standard (gasp!) Ziploc bags:
The Ziploc bag you see underneath the AK240 in the photo I posted earlier is to hold the K812's cable--unfortunately, the SLAPPA case doesn't include any cable storage mesh or separator.
Hey Jude, Thanks!
(I actually own the Slappa case too. LOL. I bought it for my 7520, but I ended up just using the leather pouch it came with). I started throwing the 7520 and Spirit Pro in my bag without hard cases because they're built well. Not in ziplocks, but just in their respective pouches. Haha.
Now I know for sure that the K812 will fit in my case (I thought it might be the Slappa but wanted to ask anyway), so finally I'll have a use for them! I'm leaning hard on the getting the K812 (I want to be unchained from speaker amps).
- AKG K812 Pro
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 24 seconds ago
- › Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler 51 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › I did my own listening test...four formats...did I hear a difference? 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › fS: Breeze Audio XMOS U8 USB DDC Bridge Converter USB to SPDIF... 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 3 minutes ago
- › Best headphones in terms of sound quality for use with a fiio x or... 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...