- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/15/15 at 3:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- COMPARISON / REVIEW: A tale of two flagships (part deux) – Beyerdynamic T1 vs AKG K812 Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AKG K812 Pro - Page 53
Gear mentioned in this thread:
what's wrong with the stock cable? It's soft, light weight, non microphonic, rolls up into a small bundle for easy travel. I would like a shorter version.
I know they're not even in the same category, but how is the tonal balance compared to the Focal Spirit Pro? Would you say it's just as neutral and well balanced?
I second the propoal.
You would need to rewire the headphones to have neparate neutral wires out. i.e. a 4 pin connector instead of the 3 pin connector it has at the moment.
Or you could put a 2 pin connector as used in the HD800 in each cup and you could share cables between the two.
The other option is to hard wire the cable into the headphone with 4 wire cable.
Oh yeah. I bet it's 10 times more transparent. Haha. I was asking about the frequency response (tonality)
I'm only asking because I know you're a big Focal fan, and these headphones have redefinied the word "neutrality" for me. I've heard nothing like it. My HE-500/LCD-2 are more resolving yet I enjoy the Spirit Pro a lot for its balanced presentation.
Edited by M-13 - 1/28/14 at 8:12pm
Loop freak, you're a funny guy. You do realize one must have a hotel room to sleep in whether they have the K812 or not right? So not sure what the hidden cost is unless you sleep on ths streets when you are on business trips, which I guess would be kind of funny. Haha.
It can hold the HD 800, K812, TH900, and just about any other large headphone of a more standard shape (read: not Abyss or TakeT).
I've been using it for a while now, and it seems to offer a lot of protection. I almost always use these when carrying the HD 800, TH900, TH600, and D7000 as I'm not comfortable with the vulnerability of their hinges when using my standard (gasp!) Ziploc bags:
The Ziploc bag you see underneath the AK240 in the photo I posted earlier is to hold the K812's cable--unfortunately, the SLAPPA case doesn't include any cable storage mesh or separator.
Hey Jude, Thanks!
(I actually own the Slappa case too. LOL. I bought it for my 7520, but I ended up just using the leather pouch it came with). I started throwing the 7520 and Spirit Pro in my bag without hard cases because they're built well. Not in ziplocks, but just in their respective pouches. Haha.
Now I know for sure that the K812 will fit in my case (I thought it might be the Slappa but wanted to ask anyway), so finally I'll have a use for them! I'm leaning hard on the getting the K812 (I want to be unchained from speaker amps).
- AKG K812 Pro
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 5 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Head-Fiers unite! 8 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 9 minutes ago
- › MusicMaker TK12 Appreciation / Impressions Thread Dual BA and DD... 10 minutes ago
- › Oppo Digital BDP-105D Darbee Edition Blu-ray Player 11 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 12 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 17 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse