- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need help : Screw driver for AKG K812 Last post on 7/4/16 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/15/15 at 3:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AKG K812 Pro - Page 53
Gear mentioned in this thread:
what's wrong with the stock cable? It's soft, light weight, non microphonic, rolls up into a small bundle for easy travel. I would like a shorter version.
I know they're not even in the same category, but how is the tonal balance compared to the Focal Spirit Pro? Would you say it's just as neutral and well balanced?
I second the propoal.
You would need to rewire the headphones to have neparate neutral wires out. i.e. a 4 pin connector instead of the 3 pin connector it has at the moment.
Or you could put a 2 pin connector as used in the HD800 in each cup and you could share cables between the two.
The other option is to hard wire the cable into the headphone with 4 wire cable.
Oh yeah. I bet it's 10 times more transparent. Haha. I was asking about the frequency response (tonality)
I'm only asking because I know you're a big Focal fan, and these headphones have redefinied the word "neutrality" for me. I've heard nothing like it. My HE-500/LCD-2 are more resolving yet I enjoy the Spirit Pro a lot for its balanced presentation.
Edited by M-13 - 1/28/14 at 8:12pm
Loop freak, you're a funny guy. You do realize one must have a hotel room to sleep in whether they have the K812 or not right? So not sure what the hidden cost is unless you sleep on ths streets when you are on business trips, which I guess would be kind of funny. Haha.
Only the slummy ones. The 5-Star ones LoopFreak goes to come with $6,000 DAPs in plastic bags apparently....
It can hold the HD 800, K812, TH900, and just about any other large headphone of a more standard shape (read: not Abyss or TakeT).
I've been using it for a while now, and it seems to offer a lot of protection. I almost always use these when carrying the HD 800, TH900, TH600, and D7000 as I'm not comfortable with the vulnerability of their hinges when using my standard (gasp!) Ziploc bags:
The Ziploc bag you see underneath the AK240 in the photo I posted earlier is to hold the K812's cable--unfortunately, the SLAPPA case doesn't include any cable storage mesh or separator.
Hey Jude, Thanks!
(I actually own the Slappa case too. LOL. I bought it for my 7520, but I ended up just using the leather pouch it came with). I started throwing the 7520 and Spirit Pro in my bag without hard cases because they're built well. Not in ziplocks, but just in their respective pouches. Haha.
Now I know for sure that the K812 will fit in my case (I thought it might be the Slappa but wanted to ask anyway), so finally I'll have a use for them! I'm leaning hard on the getting the K812 (I want to be unchained from speaker amps).
- AKG K812 Pro
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 2 minutes ago
- › Impressions of the Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend... 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 4 minutes ago
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...