- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need help : Screw driver for AKG K812 Last post on 7/4/16 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/6/16 at 9:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
FiiO X1 - 2 Gen. Review Disclaimer: The product I am reviewing was provided to me from FiiO in exchange for an honest review on it. Please note that being a review unit certain aspects of the...
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
AKG K812 Pro - Page 53
Gear mentioned in this thread:
what's wrong with the stock cable? It's soft, light weight, non microphonic, rolls up into a small bundle for easy travel. I would like a shorter version.
I know they're not even in the same category, but how is the tonal balance compared to the Focal Spirit Pro? Would you say it's just as neutral and well balanced?
I second the propoal.
You would need to rewire the headphones to have neparate neutral wires out. i.e. a 4 pin connector instead of the 3 pin connector it has at the moment.
Or you could put a 2 pin connector as used in the HD800 in each cup and you could share cables between the two.
The other option is to hard wire the cable into the headphone with 4 wire cable.
Oh yeah. I bet it's 10 times more transparent. Haha. I was asking about the frequency response (tonality)
I'm only asking because I know you're a big Focal fan, and these headphones have redefinied the word "neutrality" for me. I've heard nothing like it. My HE-500/LCD-2 are more resolving yet I enjoy the Spirit Pro a lot for its balanced presentation.
Edited by M-13 - 1/28/14 at 8:12pm
Loop freak, you're a funny guy. You do realize one must have a hotel room to sleep in whether they have the K812 or not right? So not sure what the hidden cost is unless you sleep on ths streets when you are on business trips, which I guess would be kind of funny. Haha.
Only the slummy ones. The 5-Star ones LoopFreak goes to come with $6,000 DAPs in plastic bags apparently....
It can hold the HD 800, K812, TH900, and just about any other large headphone of a more standard shape (read: not Abyss or TakeT).
I've been using it for a while now, and it seems to offer a lot of protection. I almost always use these when carrying the HD 800, TH900, TH600, and D7000 as I'm not comfortable with the vulnerability of their hinges when using my standard (gasp!) Ziploc bags:
The Ziploc bag you see underneath the AK240 in the photo I posted earlier is to hold the K812's cable--unfortunately, the SLAPPA case doesn't include any cable storage mesh or separator.
Hey Jude, Thanks!
(I actually own the Slappa case too. LOL. I bought it for my 7520, but I ended up just using the leather pouch it came with). I started throwing the 7520 and Spirit Pro in my bag without hard cases because they're built well. Not in ziplocks, but just in their respective pouches. Haha.
Now I know for sure that the K812 will fit in my case (I thought it might be the Slappa but wanted to ask anyway), so finally I'll have a use for them! I'm leaning hard on the getting the K812 (I want to be unchained from speaker amps).
- AKG K812 Pro
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000 (only used for 2 Hours) 1 minute ago
- › [WTB] Campfire Vega 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear