do take note 1/5th of the price is added VAT. Still, 1500 euro base price is a bit steep. Hopefully the retail price will be lower than the MSRP, which I'd have to make a special order for them like I had to do with the HD800, so I reckon most shops won't be selling them any time soon below catalog price.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 3/20/15 at 11:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- COMPARISON / REVIEW: A tale of two flagships (part deux) – Beyerdynamic T1 vs AKG K812 Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AKG K812 Pro - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
too bad they will cost 1750 euro (incl vat) in Belgium according to my local akg dealer...price is way too steep for me if it wants to compete with the hd800.
I wish I could atleast hear them, see how well they'd compare to my balanced hd800 setup.
it does seem like a great thing they can atleast perform great from a source like a phone etc.
the price is what I got in my mail... maybe my local akg dealer wants to make some extra bucks (which I highly doubt or he made a typo himself or the actual price is higher than was first estimated everywhere)
Edited by LifeAspect - 11/5/13 at 6:00am
Maybe you should ask him again... AFAIK, K812 are really going to cost 1199EUR (including all fees).
I mailed him just now and he replied me to mail him the official price announcement of the product as the distributor told him the price was going to be 1750 euro vat included. He also told me the estimation in the past for the HD800 were also way lower until sennheiser announced the retail price of the HD800, so maybe the price of 1750 euro in Belgium is right.
I haven't found a real announcement of AKG myself concerning the price of the K812 and only found the estimate of 1000 pounds on both headfi as on other websites.
Let's hope the distributor is wrong about the price... I reckon it's time for AKG to release the actual price of the unit so the speculation stops.
Edited by LifeAspect - 11/5/13 at 6:03am
The info I got, came from AKG / Harman Austria, so, lets wait another month and we will know, as they told me that expected release across Europe will be around beginning of December, we will see.
HI Guys!i was telling you 3 weeks ago the Price will be 1300 euros in Europe and not higher!so this speculation of the Price is Nonsense!regards NOMAX
1300 euros? Thats 100 more than expected...?
Well, this is just a guess, or would I say, a big wish, but, we should wait and see, patience = gold.
Edited by Blackmore - 11/6/13 at 2:38am
Get the full helping here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelity-november-2013-update
- AKG K812 Pro
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 24 seconds ago
- › Looking for a solid state amp for the AKG K7XX 39 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 43 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 59 seconds ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy my first dac 8 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 8 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Transforming Our Society through...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)