do take note 1/5th of the price is added VAT. Still, 1500 euro base price is a bit steep. Hopefully the retail price will be lower than the MSRP, which I'd have to make a special order for them like I had to do with the HD800, so I reckon most shops won't be selling them any time soon below catalog price.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/15/15 at 3:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- COMPARISON / REVIEW: A tale of two flagships (part deux) – Beyerdynamic T1 vs AKG K812 Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AKG K812 Pro - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
too bad they will cost 1750 euro (incl vat) in Belgium according to my local akg dealer...price is way too steep for me if it wants to compete with the hd800.
I wish I could atleast hear them, see how well they'd compare to my balanced hd800 setup.
it does seem like a great thing they can atleast perform great from a source like a phone etc.
the price is what I got in my mail... maybe my local akg dealer wants to make some extra bucks (which I highly doubt or he made a typo himself or the actual price is higher than was first estimated everywhere)
Edited by LifeAspect - 11/5/13 at 6:00am
Maybe you should ask him again... AFAIK, K812 are really going to cost 1199EUR (including all fees).
I mailed him just now and he replied me to mail him the official price announcement of the product as the distributor told him the price was going to be 1750 euro vat included. He also told me the estimation in the past for the HD800 were also way lower until sennheiser announced the retail price of the HD800, so maybe the price of 1750 euro in Belgium is right.
I haven't found a real announcement of AKG myself concerning the price of the K812 and only found the estimate of 1000 pounds on both headfi as on other websites.
Let's hope the distributor is wrong about the price... I reckon it's time for AKG to release the actual price of the unit so the speculation stops.
Edited by LifeAspect - 11/5/13 at 6:03am
The info I got, came from AKG / Harman Austria, so, lets wait another month and we will know, as they told me that expected release across Europe will be around beginning of December, we will see.
HI Guys!i was telling you 3 weeks ago the Price will be 1300 euros in Europe and not higher!so this speculation of the Price is Nonsense!regards NOMAX
1300 euros? Thats 100 more than expected...?
Well, this is just a guess, or would I say, a big wish, but, we should wait and see, patience = gold.
Edited by Blackmore - 11/6/13 at 2:38am
Get the full helping here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelity-november-2013-update
- AKG K812 Pro
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 1 minute ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 1 minute ago
- › Violectric DAC V850 - General Discussion and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Help and Recommendation! which DAC and cable should i buy with LCD3 3 minutes ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 4 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 5 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 7 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 8 minutes ago
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2