do take note 1/5th of the price is added VAT. Still, 1500 euro base price is a bit steep. Hopefully the retail price will be lower than the MSRP, which I'd have to make a special order for them like I had to do with the HD800, so I reckon most shops won't be selling them any time soon below catalog price.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- k812 dismantling ..... Countless hidden Last post on 7/18/14 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-560 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs K812 -- quick impressions Last post on 8/25/14 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has somebody tried K812 and GS1000i under HP-A8? How do they sound like? Last post on 6/18/14 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Real Deal Beats Thread Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
AKG K812 Pro - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
too bad they will cost 1750 euro (incl vat) in Belgium according to my local akg dealer...price is way too steep for me if it wants to compete with the hd800.
I wish I could atleast hear them, see how well they'd compare to my balanced hd800 setup.
it does seem like a great thing they can atleast perform great from a source like a phone etc.
the price is what I got in my mail... maybe my local akg dealer wants to make some extra bucks (which I highly doubt or he made a typo himself or the actual price is higher than was first estimated everywhere)
Edited by LifeAspect - 11/5/13 at 6:00am
Maybe you should ask him again... AFAIK, K812 are really going to cost 1199EUR (including all fees).
I mailed him just now and he replied me to mail him the official price announcement of the product as the distributor told him the price was going to be 1750 euro vat included. He also told me the estimation in the past for the HD800 were also way lower until sennheiser announced the retail price of the HD800, so maybe the price of 1750 euro in Belgium is right.
I haven't found a real announcement of AKG myself concerning the price of the K812 and only found the estimate of 1000 pounds on both headfi as on other websites.
Let's hope the distributor is wrong about the price... I reckon it's time for AKG to release the actual price of the unit so the speculation stops.
Edited by LifeAspect - 11/5/13 at 6:03am
The info I got, came from AKG / Harman Austria, so, lets wait another month and we will know, as they told me that expected release across Europe will be around beginning of December, we will see.
HI Guys!i was telling you 3 weeks ago the Price will be 1300 euros in Europe and not higher!so this speculation of the Price is Nonsense!regards NOMAX
1300 euros? Thats 100 more than expected...?
Well, this is just a guess, or would I say, a big wish, but, we should wait and see, patience = gold.
Edited by Blackmore - 11/6/13 at 2:38am
Get the full helping here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelity-november-2013-update
- AKG K812 Pro
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 37 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr + Bifrost combo doesn't improve my music at all 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio e07k OS compatibility 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)