do take note 1/5th of the price is added VAT. Still, 1500 euro base price is a bit steep. Hopefully the retail price will be lower than the MSRP, which I'd have to make a special order for them like I had to do with the HD800, so I reckon most shops won't be selling them any time soon below catalog price.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for quiet listening sessions Last post on 11/10/14 at 5:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM for a Masochist? Last post on 10/26/14 at 8:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- k812 dismantling ..... Countless hidden Last post on 7/18/14 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K812 serious design flaw Last post on 7/15/14 at 12:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 600 ohm headphones Last post on 7/15/14 at 1:04am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
Thinksound is a company that’s focussed on sustainable and environmentally conscious headphones. In fact, they even offer a recycling program for headphones with a bonus if you recycle their...
Brainwavz AP001 surely has the cute factor, from its small size and unique contemporary design. But that's for the look. As for features, we might wonder, why Brainwavz designed a...
Review of the CEntrance HiFi M8 LX LX model = Optical input The CEntrance HiFi M8 has a lot of connection and feature combinations. This is the LX / XLR version. What is the...
Before I start my review, I wold like to Thank Penon Audio for providing me with a review loaner of DITA Audio The Answer headphones in exchange for my honest opinion. I tested and reviewed a...
Integrated amplifiers. We all know what they are, right? The classic definition involves having a power amplifier and a preamplifier integrated into the same chassis. Hence the name. It...
AKG K812 Pro - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
too bad they will cost 1750 euro (incl vat) in Belgium according to my local akg dealer...price is way too steep for me if it wants to compete with the hd800.
I wish I could atleast hear them, see how well they'd compare to my balanced hd800 setup.
it does seem like a great thing they can atleast perform great from a source like a phone etc.
the price is what I got in my mail... maybe my local akg dealer wants to make some extra bucks (which I highly doubt or he made a typo himself or the actual price is higher than was first estimated everywhere)
Edited by LifeAspect - 11/5/13 at 6:00am
Maybe you should ask him again... AFAIK, K812 are really going to cost 1199EUR (including all fees).
I mailed him just now and he replied me to mail him the official price announcement of the product as the distributor told him the price was going to be 1750 euro vat included. He also told me the estimation in the past for the HD800 were also way lower until sennheiser announced the retail price of the HD800, so maybe the price of 1750 euro in Belgium is right.
I haven't found a real announcement of AKG myself concerning the price of the K812 and only found the estimate of 1000 pounds on both headfi as on other websites.
Let's hope the distributor is wrong about the price... I reckon it's time for AKG to release the actual price of the unit so the speculation stops.
Edited by LifeAspect - 11/5/13 at 6:03am
The info I got, came from AKG / Harman Austria, so, lets wait another month and we will know, as they told me that expected release across Europe will be around beginning of December, we will see.
HI Guys!i was telling you 3 weeks ago the Price will be 1300 euros in Europe and not higher!so this speculation of the Price is Nonsense!regards NOMAX
1300 euros? Thats 100 more than expected...?
Well, this is just a guess, or would I say, a big wish, but, we should wait and see, patience = gold.
Edited by Blackmore - 11/6/13 at 2:38am
Get the full helping here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelity-november-2013-update
- AKG K812 Pro
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 28 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › Logitech UE6000 1 minute ago
- › Heir Audio 8.A CIEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live 1 vs 2/Other headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 4 minutes ago
- › who will have black Friday discounts 5 minutes ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 7 minutes ago
- › What is a cheap USB in/ Optical SPDIF out DAC? 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 and HDVA 600 Review 9 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)