New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K812 Pro - Page 31

post #451 of 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomax View Post

So to my EARS the K812 Sounds Great and it's a good headphone(but for the offical Price of this headphones they are NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!)my Favorite is TH 900!

Little Secret and pre Information from me too you Guys for Second half 2014 is: IT'S NOT A TRICK! IT'S A .....!
Regards NOMAX

Nomax,

Are you now saying that the new Sennheiser flagship that you previously have written about will be introduced in the latter half of 2014, or is this latest teaser an entirely new rumor concerning a different product introduction?

post #452 of 2955
So everybody Knows what i mean IT's NOT A TRICK!IT'S A .....!(very BIG SURPRICE 2014 AFTER 20 years!)

And sorry Guys this is the K812 THREAD!happy XMAS NOMAX
post #453 of 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomax View Post

So everybody Knows what i mean IT's NOT A TRICK!IT'S A .....!(very BIG SURPRICE 2014 AFTER 20 years!)

And sorry Guys this is the K812 THREAD!happy XMAS NOMAX

Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come and see!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a headphone, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.  He declared sell your Orpheus now for its value will plumett in the months to come.

 

Best read in the voice of the immortal Johnny Cash

post #454 of 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperone View Post
 

Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come and see!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a headphone, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.  He declared sell your Orpheus now for its value will plumett in the months to come.

 

Best read in the voice of the immortal Johnny Cash

Heheheh!  Do you hear all that shaking and rattling?  it's the Stax 009 shaking in his boots!

post #455 of 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperone View Post
 

Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come and see!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a headphone, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.  He declared sell your Orpheus now for its value will plumett in the months to come.

 

Best read in the voice of the immortal Johnny Cash

lol that genuinely made me laugh... Now I'm listening to "When The Man Comes Around"  Cash is awesome.

post #456 of 2955

Cash really is amazing, his voice on the American series never ceases to please me.  When the Man Comes Around is great!! Enjoy!

post #457 of 2955

Don't worry the price will drop eventually.  

post #458 of 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsukawa View Post

You guys are so funny . . . Tyll comes up with his measurements . . . And headfiers (as always) begin to claim, that its a bad sounding phone and the hd800 is sooooo much better . . . Because of the measurements, of course ;D without hearing the k812! XD

You guys should posts on a forum for science & technics and not music/headphones. A phone is good, when your ears like the sound . . . Not when its good on paper. Highend listeners nowdays seem like the technical measurements more than the music, the sound itself.

Shame om you all. Yes, now is the time to kneel down in the corner and be ashamed.

It should be - bend over and wait for a cane to strike.

post #459 of 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsukawa View Post

You guys are so funny . . . Tyll comes up with his measurements . . . And headfiers (as always) begin to claim, that its a bad sounding phone and the hd800 is sooooo much better . . . Because of the measurements, of course ;D without hearing the k812! XD

You guys should posts on a forum for science & technics and not music/headphones. A phone is good, when your ears like the sound . . . Not when its good on paper. Highend listeners nowdays seem like the technical measurements more than the music, the sound itself.

Shame om you all. Yes, now is the time to kneel down in the corner and be ashamed.

Unfortunately for you, sound is science. Without knowledge and engineering, we don't get these good sounding cans in the first place.

And with very few expections, measurements reflect how the headphones actually sound in real life.
post #460 of 2955

Do those measurements indicate how K812 would perform on every type of music ?

post #461 of 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnmnkh View Post

Unfortunately for you, sound is science. Without knowledge and engineering, we don't get these good sounding cans in the first place.

And with very few expections, measurements reflect how the headphones actually sound in real life.

don't want to derail the thread but how they measure might not correlate with how they actually sound to you and me - just saying.
Edited by up late - 12/25/13 at 7:26am
post #462 of 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post


how they measure might not correlate with how they actually sound to you and me.


According to this Beats by Dr Dre are quite nice (at least for some people).

 

 

For me if someone is telling that K812 are reference headphones, they should sound like reference headphones, not really nice to someone. It should be as close to perfect sound reproduction as possible. Especially for that price. I bet there are some really good headphones, which sounds as good as K812, but much cheaper.

 

Example: I won recently Sennheiser Momentum On Ear. I also have K550, which I believe are also tizzy. And overall to listening I prefer K550. They have that nice non-distracting sound to listen them at the work. But I also know that Momentum are better. They just are. More details, better balance (even if there is just too much bass for me), sounds much more clear. So even if K550 sounds nicer for me I still will say that Momentum are better. And measures will prove it. So overall I would rank them higher.

 

I can justify spending lots of money for chasing the perfection. But spending over 1k $ (I am not living in the USA so for me it is really huge amount of money) just because some headphones sounds nice?

post #463 of 2955
yup and ok.
post #464 of 2955
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewpl View Post
 


According to this Beats by Dr Dre are quite nice (at least for some people).

 

 

For me if someone is telling that K812 are reference headphones, they should sound like reference headphones, not really nice to someone. It should be as close to perfect sound reproduction as possible. Especially for that price. I bet there are some really good headphones, which sounds as good as K812, but much cheaper.

 

Example: I won recently Sennheiser Momentum On Ear. I also have K550, which I believe are also tizzy. And overall to listening I prefer K550. They have that nice non-distracting sound to listen them at the work. But I also know that Momentum are better. They just are. More details, better balance (even if there is just too much bass for me), sounds much more clear. So even if K550 sounds nicer for me I still will say that Momentum are better. And measures will prove it. So overall I would rank them higher.

 

I can justify spending lots of money for chasing the perfection. But spending over 1k $ (I am not living in the USA so for me it is really huge amount of money) just because some headphones sounds nice?

I think you just got mixed up a bit in the particular sound aspects of these two headphones. Sennheiser Momentum have a deficient treble, it is practically missing in action. As a result of this fact these headphones sound less clear and have less than optimal detail retrieval. Weak treble on one end of the frequency response spectrum coupled with the out of proportion bass on the opposite end means that Momentum are a teaching example of headphones with an unbalanced sound. Add to this the fact that their earcups are too small and uncomfortable for longer wear and the final result is that the Momentum are a failure regardless of how good their measurements are.

As for K812 there are still not enough evaluations to form a coherent and balanced view of these headphones. I find it remarkable that a portion of the head-fi community got so distracted and discouraged by the word tizzy in one review that they are ready to throw K812 under a train. Sennheiser HD800 are well known to have super-tizzy treble [witness the legion of those who complain and testify to this fact] but this did not prevent HD800 to be put on a pedestal and worshiped.

post #465 of 2955

akg website mentions net weight of almost 400gr - thats like 100gr too much imho.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum