New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K812 Pro - Page 185

post #2761 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootang View Post

strange, i sent my first pair to the same location. Called them once after 2 weeks and spoke to a guy name hector hernandez and he gave me a very short update on my hp.

Try calling early in the morning like right when they open (I believe they open calls at 8am or 9am) were the both times I manage to speak to someone

Hector is the guy I left messages with. But I'll take your advice and call first thing in the am. How long did it take you to get your replacement?
post #2762 of 2949
2.5 weeks + 1 day. I had called on the 10th day though when I knew they had received it 2 days later after shipping to them
post #2763 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbob713 View Post


I fully intend to.

 

 

Definitely. 

 

I know from my somewhat recent experience with Fostex (TH-900 hanger issue) that although they were very responsive, and I can't really complain, a nudge in the right direction certainly helped.

 

Keep that fire lit under they're *****.

post #2764 of 2949
Hector at AKG returned my call, said the Tech determined the problem was a rivet that could be replaced thereby repairing the headphone. He asked if I would prefer a replacement, which I did, so they are going to ship these today with 2 day delivery. Problem resolved. Just hope the 3rd time is the charm.
post #2765 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens View Post



Huh. Damn, don't really like being right about this one...but it did seem like a sketchy solution when I looked at it.

Do you think using the supplied headphone stand could be placing too much strain on the wiring scheme on the 812?
post #2766 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbob713 View Post

Do you think using the supplied headphone stand could be placing too much strain on the wiring scheme on the 812?

maybe, i place mine in a slappa that keeps it somewhat tightly shut this time around instead of hanging it on my wall. Only time will tell
post #2767 of 2949
Worst thing about getting a brand new hp is burning them in again. I think I'm at about 50 hours in now
post #2768 of 2949
No doubt. I like to start listening after letting them play overnight.
post #2769 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbob713 View Post

Hector at AKG returned my call, said the Tech determined the problem was a rivet that could be replaced thereby repairing the headphone. He asked if I would prefer a replacement, which I did, so they are going to ship these today with 2 day delivery. Problem resolved. Just hope the 3rd time is the charm.

Fingers crossed for you, my friend! smily_headphones1.gif
post #2770 of 2949
Thanks brother, watch your rivets!
post #2771 of 2949

Those AKG K812 look sweet but i've never thought they would be that fragile. All i know is that my older AKG K240DF are built like a tank but don't look like one.

Anyway i'm jelly at all the owners of these headphones because they would really interest me as someone who started his audio odyssey with AKG K142.


Edited by amigastar - 7/18/14 at 5:40pm
post #2772 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbob713 View Post

Hector at AKG returned my call, said the Tech determined the problem was a rivet that could be replaced thereby repairing the headphone. He asked if I would prefer a replacement, which I did, so they are going to ship these today with 2 day delivery. Problem resolved. Just hope the 3rd time is the charm.

Glad to hear that AKG quickly resolved your situation.

:beerchug:

Keep us posted!

post #2773 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigastar View Post
 

Those AKG K812 look sweet but i've never thought they would be that fragile. All i know is that my older AKG K240DF are built like a tank but don't look like one.

Anyway i'm jelly at all the owners of these headphones because they would really interest me as someone who started his audio odyssey with AKG K142.

Aside from their apparent construction foibles, the K812 really do sound as "sweet" as--maybe even sweeter than--they look.

post #2774 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbob713 View Post

Hector at AKG returned my call, said the Tech determined the problem was a rivet that could be replaced thereby repairing the headphone. He asked if I would prefer a replacement, which I did, so they are going to ship these today with 2 day delivery. Problem resolved. Just hope the 3rd time is the charm.

 

Good to see its getting sorted.

post #2775 of 2949

Have been enjoying the K812 with the ß22 for the last few days.  Must have had a bad conection the first time I paired the two.  

 

Not as good as the pairing with either the BCL or the Bada PH-12, IMHO, but still very good.

 

Enjoying Shirley Bassey and Booker T. & the MG's.


Edited by pataburd - 7/21/14 at 5:05am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum