New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K812 Pro - Page 175

post #2611 of 2899
They clearly don't
post #2612 of 2899

.


Edited by Beagle - 7/1/14 at 11:59am
post #2613 of 2899
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam50000 View Post


What about the treble issues mentioned in this review?



And do you think they have less distortion than HD800? Thanks.

 

When I post comments or opinions, they are based on what I have heard with my ears, not someone else's. If someone else has a problem with the treble (or they rely on machinery to help decide how a headphone sounds), what can I do? I'm not competing with that, just trying to put into words what I hear.

post #2614 of 2899
Ok, i was not criticizing you,just asking.
post #2615 of 2899

I've had my 812 for a little over a month, and use it with the GO 450/HUGO. Absolutely love it with the HUGO. I can listen for hours at a good volume and not feel any discomfort or perceived harshness. I honestly don't get what people are talking about in regards to treble peaks, cause I'm not hearing them. 

post #2616 of 2899
After 7 months: No trebles issues! My TH900 has more piercing highs than the K812!
post #2617 of 2899

Hello, are there somebody who is/was using K812 for meditation/deep-concentration/deep-relaxation during music listening? 

My best set for this was AKG K400, 'beating' easily every other set i have used, including AKG's own K701 (which have been worst set for this pourpose!).

And i am not speaking here about so-called new age type music for 'instant' or 'easy relaxation' - really deep relaxation/concentration is actually possible with every music stile, including rock etc.

Thank's for your thoughts/suggestions about this subject.

post #2618 of 2899
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam50000 View Post

Ok, i was not criticizing you,just asking.

 

Oh no, sorry...I did not take it as criticism, just pointing out that I respect Tyll Hertsens and his work with headphones, but I don't always agree with his and others findings and conclusions because we all have different criteria for what constitutes "the right sound"......so your pointing me to his "problems" with the treble is rather moot, because of what I mentioned above. I do realize that many people base their headphone purchase decisions and choices on the findings of other sets of ears, but I think that is the wrong approach.

post #2619 of 2899
Well, I do think we should all go out and have a listen ourselves. No substitute for that. smily_headphones1.gif By the same token, Tyll seems to have very good things to say about the Abyss: does that mean it is something for all of us? tongue.gif
post #2620 of 2899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post

Well, I do think we should all go out and have a listen ourselves. No substitute for that. smily_headphones1.gif By the same token, Tyll seems to have very good things to say about the Abyss: does that mean it is something for all of us? tongue.gif

Without a doubt, Tyll is a class act and his work in the field has been groundbreaking. I enjoy reading nearly article and post on his site, Innerfidelity. But having said that, I'm not always in 100% Agreement with his conclusions. I recognize the engineering expertise he brings, but ultimatly it's all about how each of us hear the sound from the phones. Other than Tyll and a handful of posters on this thread, the vast majority of people who have bought the K812 just have not encountered the treble issues he cited.
I would say that based on the overwhelming positive reviews on this thread vs a few negative ones,(primarily posted by people who have never even heard the 812 themselves), I would say the K812 is one of the top dynamic open backed set of cans on the market. And after many months of continuous enjoyment with mine with different amps and across many music genres, the K812 is still My favorite go to set of cans.
post #2621 of 2899
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbob713 View Post

Without a doubt, Tyll is a class act and his work in the field has been groundbreaking. I enjoy reading nearly article and post on his site, Innerfidelity. But having said that, I'm not always in 100% Agreement with his conclusions. I recognize the engineering expertise he brings, but ultimatly it's all about how each of us hear the sound from the phones. Other than Tyll and a handful of posters on this thread, the vast majority of people who have bought the K812 just have not encountered the treble issues he cited.
I would say that based on the overwhelming positive reviews on this thread vs a few negative ones,(primarily posted by people who have never even heard the 812 themselves), I would say the K812 is one of the top dynamic open backed set of cans on the market. And after many months of continuous enjoyment with mine with different amps and across many music genres, the K812 is still My favorite go to set of cans.

Well said, MacBob! I have most of the TOTL cans, and the only can that spends more time on my head is the Abyss. The 812 is thoroughly enjoyable and always a pleasure to listen to my music collection on. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2622 of 2899
Persoanlly for me, I don't agree with most of Tyls reviews and recommendation because my sense of hearing is completely different than his. But, like macbob says, I do enjoy his reviews nonetheless.

I think my sense of hearing is more alike Michael Liang. I've tried headphones from both Tyl and Michael that i feel my taste is more aligned with Michael.

Ive done mostly blind purchases though but so far, i very much like the hd800 and k812. I actually dont like the LCD series. Never tried the T1 or he-6 though.
post #2623 of 2899
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootang View Post

Persoanlly for me, I don't agree with most of Tyls reviews and recommendation because my sense of hearing is completely different than his. But, like macbob says, I do enjoy his reviews nonetheless.

I think my sense of hearing is more alike Michael Liang. I've tried headphones from both Tyl and Michael that i feel my taste is more aligned with Michael.

Ive done mostly blind purchases though but so far, i very much like the hd800 and k812. I actually dont like the LCD series. Never tried the T1 or he-6 though.

Agreed. Which is why my consistent advice is to try it yourself. Don't abdicate your own experiences for someone else's. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2624 of 2899

I'm using my K812s for the first time right now and they sound very nice especially considering that they're plugged straight into my Wavelength Proton DAC.  How long should they take to "burn-in" and sound their best?  These are my first set of high-end headphones so I don't have anything to compare them to unfortunately.

post #2625 of 2899
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootang View Post

Persoanlly for me, I don't agree with most of Tyls reviews and recommendation because my sense of hearing is completely different than his. But, like macbob says, I do enjoy his reviews nonetheless.
 

 

The review should say at what level of loudness the auditioning has been done. Otherwise, it is not really possible to judge a review.  I normally listen to music at a low volume. Above 80db there is a real danger of damaging the hearing capacity. Distortions > 100db are completely irrelevant to me. Same for sibilants at these levels of loudness. I guess that most of the reviews are based on listening at a relatively high volume.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum