New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K812 Pro - Page 174

post #2596 of 2900


Just got back from Japan with my k812 and some new tubes
post #2597 of 2900

 

Just got Lyr 2 + Bifrost/uber . sexy ^^
Maybe later i will make "Noob" review about this combo =))

post #2598 of 2900

First impressions :I was very worried about noises because of sensitivity of k812. Absolutely no noises! sounds very very Clean! +Bass Improved instantly.

 

Source Asus stx foobar/asio > S/PDIF > bifrost > Lyr 2 > K812


Question : Do amp / dac sounds better after burn in right?

post #2599 of 2900

Beniamin, in my experience, burn-in helps a lot with all kinds of equipment.  When I get new gear, it almost always sounds crappy at first.

 

Has anyone experimented with an aftermarket cable for the K812?

post #2600 of 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beniamin View Post

First impressions :I was very worried about noises because of sensitivity of k812. Absolutely no noises! sounds very very Clean! +Bass Improved instantly.

Source Asus stx foobar/asio > S/PDIF > bifrost > Lyr 2 > K812


Question : Do amp / dac sounds better after burn in right?

I found burn in to help a bit on most equipment. But considering you are using tubes, the burn in will be quite drastic. The Lyr 2 won't sound it's best until it has at least 50-100 hours of use on it because of the tubes.
post #2601 of 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by headfirocks View Post

Beniamin, in my experience, burn-in helps a lot with all kinds of equipment.  When I get new gear, it almost always sounds crappy at first.

Has anyone experimented with an aftermarket cable for the K812?

I'm still running my 812 with toxic cables Black Widow. I find it enhances the clarity without degrading the organic sig of the 812. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2602 of 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


I'm still running my 812 with toxic cables Black Widow. I find it enhances the clarity without degrading the organic sig of the 812. smily_headphones1.gif

 

Could you point me toward the correct cable?  Why don't they make it easier to find. :)

post #2603 of 2900
post #2604 of 2900
To certainl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafu64 View Post

Got my AKG K812 pro 2 days ago. I am using it without amp right from my AK100Mk2. Although I probably cannot get the full potential out of it without amp I am pretty impressed. First impression is that the K812 wins agains all other headphones I have auditioned so far. Not in every aspect and not with every sort of music but classics and the overall impression are just wonderful. The HD800 has a bigger soundstage, maybe it's the angle of the drivers, but the HD800 is not made for a portable device and simply doesn't look cool. Soundwise, the HD800 may be superior in some single aspects. But, you can't walk around with an HD800, can you?. I admit that the look of the headphone is important to me, too. The K812 seems to be, at pressent, the best headphone for portable use. I am looking forward for a comparison of the K812 with the new Hifiman HE560 wink.gif

You certainly cannot walk around with the 800's. meant for the home. They are like salad Bowles over your ears. Lol.
Enjoy the AKG's. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun building a nice sound chain for them. They are a good headphone. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2605 of 2900

 

It looks like they have two input jacks and the K812 only has one.

post #2606 of 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beniamin View Post


 
Just got Lyr 2 + Bifrost/uber . sexy ^^

Maybe later i will make "Noob" review about this combo =))

Great looking set up. I'm sure it will sound killer. I talked with Jason Stoddard after I bought my Lyr, and he felt 30 hours on the Lyr was a good break in period for the tubes. Congrats on the nice rig.
post #2607 of 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by headfirocks View Post

Could you point me toward the correct cable?  Why don't they make it easier to find. smily_headphones1.gif

You have to PM Frank about this. Anyway, here's my post with photos of the BW: http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/akg-k812-pro/2055
post #2608 of 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam50000 View Post

So...
HD800=analytical\technical
K812=musical

 

I've had them for about three weeks. I'd say the K812 is both. The smoothness and lack of distortion across the full FR is simply amazing.

post #2609 of 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

I've had them for about three weeks. I'd say the K812 is both. The smoothness and lack of distortion across the full FR is simply amazing.
What about the treble issues mentioned in this review?



And do you think they have less distortion than HD800? Thanks.
post #2610 of 2900
Hello Guys!is EVERBODY Enjoying his K812?

Regards from AUSTRIA

CRAZY NOMAX
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum