Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need help : Screw driver for AKG K812 Last post on 7/4/16 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/6/16 at 9:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 2/24/17 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
The nice thing about being last on the tour is that I have the benefit of completely broken in equipment. The new smell and feel is gone. Gone through many miles and air flights, and USPS trucks...
AKG K812 Pro - Page 165
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It was designed for headphones, and from my personal expirence just a month ago with the C376BEE Integrated Amp it sounded fantastic. So much so that I was beginning to look at my headphone amps as unnessary. Unfortunatly, the amp failed after only 3 days of use and I shipped it back to Crutchfield. (When the box arrived it was clearly damaged, but the unit looked fine).
There’s something about the combination of the open spacious sound and bass impact that makes the 812 highly engaging to listen to. It sounds completely natural with genres the LCD-X and HD 800 can have problems with. The soundstage is the biggest I’ve heard outside of the HD 800, easily beating the LCD-X. The bass with the 812 rolls off earlier than the LCD-X in the very deepest bass notes, but the bass the 812 can play comes across with considerably more physical impact. Listening to orchestral recordings you get a huge open sound like the HD 800, except now with drums that hit with a force you can feel against your ear. I’ve never heard a headphone do EDM as well as the 812. The sound feels neutral and natural, but not at the cost of fun. The LCD-X obviously does a great job playing bass, but it can feel a bit detached with some tracks. Like you can hear the artist wanting you to feel the bass, but the headphone is restrained because it wants to act like a proper studio monitor. The 812 lets the bass go wild and makes you hear and feel it, but it’s not completely out of control like some mediocre closed headphone with booming bass.
I currently have K812 listening to them right now. I went into the store today with the intention of buying LCD-Xs (I used to own them and now I don't). They were not in stock so I bought these and will be listening to them for at least the next week. Then the plan is to go listen to the LCD-X and decide which I like better.
All I listen to is EDM. Mostly trance, some hard dance, some hard style, and some speedcore.
anyone who has listened to both which would you think is best for my musical preference?
I'm using the Phonitor 2 with the K812, and I have a dead quiet background. No issues whatsoever. Are you referring to the Phonitor 1?
Schitt has the Valhalla 2 available for order on their site now. Schitt gives Big Bang for the buck!
I think it would too. The Valhalla 2 may be my next amp. Debating between it and the Project Ember. After that I will likely start saving for the K812 finally. Every time I audition the K812 the more I like it so I'm set on it being the summit-fi headphone for me to get.
Edited by kman1211 - 6/8/14 at 7:10pm
The Project Ember is a high output hybrid tube amp meant to drive basically any headphone from low to high ohm including orthos. It can either be sold as a DIY kit($290) or pre-made($340). It has 3 different gain settings. I haven't heard the amp, but I have heard it described compared to the Schiit Lyr saying that the Ember is a little brighter, clearer, and a bit more detailed than the Lyr as well as having more tube rolling options to allow it to be fine tuned a bit more for whatever headphone. It doesn't quite have the raw power of the Lyr and the Lyr is a bit warmer in terms of sound.
- AKG K812 Pro
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 40 seconds ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 Impressions Thread! 43 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden... 57 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear