Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need help : Screw driver for AKG K812 Last post on 7/4/16 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/6/16 at 9:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I was able to get these from a friend who used their employee discount, so ignore the price paid. I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to headphones, but not sound quality. My...
Best looking closed headphone on the market that acts just like a open headphone but brings the advantages of a closed headphone such as detail and imaging... It is combining both worlds and packs...
Hello people i guess its the time for me to review the WA5-LE and in this Part i will be covering the Takatsuki 300B Tubes. in Part 02 i will be covering the Elrog 300B (latest/newest...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Omega FE-321 (Spark) is a lively little wonder of an IEM with a sparkly, bright sound and tiny footprint. The current price is US$59. Below is the...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AKG K812 Pro - Page 118
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So if the K812 can reverse my skepticism and have me praising it, then maybe there's something to it. If I give a negative review, take it with a grain of salt because I am admitting my negative bias here before I even listen to it. A positive review on this from me will be of more value than a negative one. As I'm using an amp made for the HD800, it's unlikely the K812 will come out on top or even match the HD800.
Edited by Sonido - 3/7/14 at 9:01am
I don't know if it's synergy or the HD800's impeccable ability to reveal flaws and issues in upstream gear. Maybe a bit of both?
Are you getting yours today?
Mine is definitely coming in tomorrow. I have the tracking and everything. This time it's air mail so there shouldn't be any problems with trains. I'm hoping there isn't a plane derailment.
So you get a Vali and M-stage, smoke some crack and the HD800 sounds great?
Only if you're the mayor or my city (Toronto).
Just listened to Tyll's review.
He was surprised how warm the AKG K812 sounds in comparison to the more colder / analytical sounding HD 800 despite with the Frequency Plots suggests. I guess the Harmonic Distortion is giving the AKG K812 a more musical & warmer sound that he likes?
There seems to be a huge problem in the treble region.
I can live with the sub optimal measurements since it's easy to drive, comfortable, huge soundstage and is great for mixing and mastering. But a flawed treble region is really a deal breaker. Hopefully AKG will release an AKG K812 MKII version which addresses the treble issue. I'm not paying $1500 for a headphone that has major issues that even $500 do correctly It's quite sad because the AKG K812 looked to be the #1 headphone for me to buy if it didn't have this flawed treble region.
I have to thank Tyll for preventing me from making a huge $1500 miss-buy / mistake.
I guess I'm now going to reconsider the Sennheiser HD800 again. If it was easy to drive, I would have bought it already ( hence why the AKG K812 caught my interest, as an easy to drive alternative to the Sennheiser HD800)
Perhaps you should trust your own ears and have a listen?
- AKG K812 Pro
- › Music Game IX 10 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 11 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 16 seconds ago
- › VR headsets 2016 53 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Help picking headphones for PC 1 minute ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by slowpickr
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Soundaware Esther by WCDchee
- › Fischer Audio Omega Twin by crabdog
- › Little Dot MK II by Jay Sullivan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...