Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- k812 dismantling ..... Countless hidden Last post on 7/18/14 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-560 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs K812 -- quick impressions Last post on 8/25/14 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has somebody tried K812 and GS1000i under HP-A8? How do they sound like? Last post on 6/18/14 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Real Deal Beats Thread Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
AKG K812 Pro - Page 118
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So if the K812 can reverse my skepticism and have me praising it, then maybe there's something to it. If I give a negative review, take it with a grain of salt because I am admitting my negative bias here before I even listen to it. A positive review on this from me will be of more value than a negative one. As I'm using an amp made for the HD800, it's unlikely the K812 will come out on top or even match the HD800.
Edited by Sonido - 3/7/14 at 9:01am
I don't know if it's synergy or the HD800's impeccable ability to reveal flaws and issues in upstream gear. Maybe a bit of both?
Are you getting yours today?
Mine is definitely coming in tomorrow. I have the tracking and everything. This time it's air mail so there shouldn't be any problems with trains. I'm hoping there isn't a plane derailment.
So you get a Vali and M-stage, smoke some crack and the HD800 sounds great?
Just listened to Tyll's review.
He was surprised how warm the AKG K812 sounds in comparison to the more colder / analytical sounding HD 800 despite with the Frequency Plots suggests. I guess the Harmonic Distortion is giving the AKG K812 a more musical & warmer sound that he likes?
There seems to be a huge problem in the treble region.
I can live with the sub optimal measurements since it's easy to drive, comfortable, huge soundstage and is great for mixing and mastering. But a flawed treble region is really a deal breaker. Hopefully AKG will release an AKG K812 MKII version which addresses the treble issue. I'm not paying $1500 for a headphone that has major issues that even $500 do correctly It's quite sad because the AKG K812 looked to be the #1 headphone for me to buy if it didn't have this flawed treble region.
I have to thank Tyll for preventing me from making a huge $1500 miss-buy / mistake.
I guess I'm now going to reconsider the Sennheiser HD800 again. If it was easy to drive, I would have bought it already ( hence why the AKG K812 caught my interest, as an easy to drive alternative to the Sennheiser HD800)
Perhaps you should trust your own ears and have a listen?
- AKG K812 Pro
- › Elliott and Associates Global Energy Review Europe Tokyo Paris... 23 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › Elliott and Associates Global Energy Review Europe Tokyo Paris... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus! 2 minutes ago
- › Audio player + Headphones under 250$ 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Fiio E6 Free Shipping Australia 5 minutes ago
- › 100.00 budget 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)