Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need help : Screw driver for AKG K812 Last post on 7/4/16 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/6/16 at 9:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AKG K812 Pro - Page 118
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So if the K812 can reverse my skepticism and have me praising it, then maybe there's something to it. If I give a negative review, take it with a grain of salt because I am admitting my negative bias here before I even listen to it. A positive review on this from me will be of more value than a negative one. As I'm using an amp made for the HD800, it's unlikely the K812 will come out on top or even match the HD800.
Edited by Sonido - 3/7/14 at 9:01am
I don't know if it's synergy or the HD800's impeccable ability to reveal flaws and issues in upstream gear. Maybe a bit of both?
Are you getting yours today?
Mine is definitely coming in tomorrow. I have the tracking and everything. This time it's air mail so there shouldn't be any problems with trains. I'm hoping there isn't a plane derailment.
So you get a Vali and M-stage, smoke some crack and the HD800 sounds great?
Only if you're the mayor or my city (Toronto).
Just listened to Tyll's review.
He was surprised how warm the AKG K812 sounds in comparison to the more colder / analytical sounding HD 800 despite with the Frequency Plots suggests. I guess the Harmonic Distortion is giving the AKG K812 a more musical & warmer sound that he likes?
There seems to be a huge problem in the treble region.
I can live with the sub optimal measurements since it's easy to drive, comfortable, huge soundstage and is great for mixing and mastering. But a flawed treble region is really a deal breaker. Hopefully AKG will release an AKG K812 MKII version which addresses the treble issue. I'm not paying $1500 for a headphone that has major issues that even $500 do correctly It's quite sad because the AKG K812 looked to be the #1 headphone for me to buy if it didn't have this flawed treble region.
I have to thank Tyll for preventing me from making a huge $1500 miss-buy / mistake.
I guess I'm now going to reconsider the Sennheiser HD800 again. If it was easy to drive, I would have bought it already ( hence why the AKG K812 caught my interest, as an easy to drive alternative to the Sennheiser HD800)
Perhaps you should trust your own ears and have a listen?
- AKG K812 Pro
- › Grado Fan Club! 19 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [WTB] Focal Listen 4 minutes ago
- › Class D - heaven or hell ? 5 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 5 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 8 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...