Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-560 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs K812 -- quick impressions Last post on 8/25/14 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has somebody tried K812 and GS1000i under HP-A8? How do they sound like? Last post on 6/18/14 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Real Deal Beats Thread Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Some thoughts on AKG K812 pro Last post on 5/13/14 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
AKG K812 Pro - Page 118
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So if the K812 can reverse my skepticism and have me praising it, then maybe there's something to it. If I give a negative review, take it with a grain of salt because I am admitting my negative bias here before I even listen to it. A positive review on this from me will be of more value than a negative one. As I'm using an amp made for the HD800, it's unlikely the K812 will come out on top or even match the HD800.
Edited by Sonido - 3/7/14 at 9:01am
I don't know if it's synergy or the HD800's impeccable ability to reveal flaws and issues in upstream gear. Maybe a bit of both?
Are you getting yours today?
Mine is definitely coming in tomorrow. I have the tracking and everything. This time it's air mail so there shouldn't be any problems with trains. I'm hoping there isn't a plane derailment.
So you get a Vali and M-stage, smoke some crack and the HD800 sounds great?
Just listened to Tyll's review.
He was surprised how warm the AKG K812 sounds in comparison to the more colder / analytical sounding HD 800 despite with the Frequency Plots suggests. I guess the Harmonic Distortion is giving the AKG K812 a more musical & warmer sound that he likes?
There seems to be a huge problem in the treble region.
I can live with the sub optimal measurements since it's easy to drive, comfortable, huge soundstage and is great for mixing and mastering. But a flawed treble region is really a deal breaker. Hopefully AKG will release an AKG K812 MKII version which addresses the treble issue. I'm not paying $1500 for a headphone that has major issues that even $500 do correctly It's quite sad because the AKG K812 looked to be the #1 headphone for me to buy if it didn't have this flawed treble region.
I have to thank Tyll for preventing me from making a huge $1500 miss-buy / mistake.
I guess I'm now going to reconsider the Sennheiser HD800 again. If it was easy to drive, I would have bought it already ( hence why the AKG K812 caught my interest, as an easy to drive alternative to the Sennheiser HD800)
Perhaps you should trust your own ears and have a listen?
- AKG K812 Pro
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 9 seconds ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 1 minute ago
- › A long time(2010) Denon D5000 owner needs advice/direction on new... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR-225 for Sale!!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › I will be getting DT 990 pro, now I need is microphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)