Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 3/20/15 at 11:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- COMPARISON / REVIEW: A tale of two flagships (part deux) – Beyerdynamic T1 vs AKG K812 Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AKG K812 Pro - Page 118
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So if the K812 can reverse my skepticism and have me praising it, then maybe there's something to it. If I give a negative review, take it with a grain of salt because I am admitting my negative bias here before I even listen to it. A positive review on this from me will be of more value than a negative one. As I'm using an amp made for the HD800, it's unlikely the K812 will come out on top or even match the HD800.
Edited by Sonido - 3/7/14 at 9:01am
I don't know if it's synergy or the HD800's impeccable ability to reveal flaws and issues in upstream gear. Maybe a bit of both?
Are you getting yours today?
Mine is definitely coming in tomorrow. I have the tracking and everything. This time it's air mail so there shouldn't be any problems with trains. I'm hoping there isn't a plane derailment.
So you get a Vali and M-stage, smoke some crack and the HD800 sounds great?
Only if you're the mayor or my city (Toronto).
Just listened to Tyll's review.
He was surprised how warm the AKG K812 sounds in comparison to the more colder / analytical sounding HD 800 despite with the Frequency Plots suggests. I guess the Harmonic Distortion is giving the AKG K812 a more musical & warmer sound that he likes?
There seems to be a huge problem in the treble region.
I can live with the sub optimal measurements since it's easy to drive, comfortable, huge soundstage and is great for mixing and mastering. But a flawed treble region is really a deal breaker. Hopefully AKG will release an AKG K812 MKII version which addresses the treble issue. I'm not paying $1500 for a headphone that has major issues that even $500 do correctly It's quite sad because the AKG K812 looked to be the #1 headphone for me to buy if it didn't have this flawed treble region.
I have to thank Tyll for preventing me from making a huge $1500 miss-buy / mistake.
I guess I'm now going to reconsider the Sennheiser HD800 again. If it was easy to drive, I would have bought it already ( hence why the AKG K812 caught my interest, as an easy to drive alternative to the Sennheiser HD800)
Perhaps you should trust your own ears and have a listen?
- AKG K812 Pro
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 8 seconds ago
- › Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio 49 seconds ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › MSB Analog DAC? (Review p3) 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM's? 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 6 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3