- 770 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Springfield, VA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need help : Screw driver for AKG K812 Last post on 7/4/16 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/6/16 at 9:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
Introduction: I love music and I love good quality sound and this is my hobby. I prefer to find the best portable setups available as I do not like to be stationary. I do not want to be...
INTRO:- When Brainwavz decides to Launch earphones they don’t release one at a time, they like to launch 2-5 earphones in a short period of time. First the M100, first of its kind or say...
AKG K812 Pro - Page 101
Gear mentioned in this thread:
At least it's better-looking than the K812 tin foil hat synergy legend, but who knows--maybe it works.
Edited by Claritas - 2/28/14 at 5:10am
Yes, I was amazed by it when I heard them at the shop - lucky enough to also demo the AK240 with them. The K812 sounds beautiful with instruments but I found some EDM sounds harsh to my ears. The stock interconnects dampens the "metallic-ness" of the treble, has less detail in exchange for more smoother listening and brings out the punchy bass. Overall, my LCD-X are easier to listen to for EDM.
Who said anything about copper?
All you need is a thick jacket and a supercooled superconductor. ;)
Just discovered that synergy may be the problem and the solution to enjoying the K812's. With my Atlas Element Asymmetric Integra interconnects, the treble on the K812's have piercing highs that made it quite annoying/painful to listen to. After swapping to the stock cables that came with my Arcam irDac, those piercing highs are gone and the sound is enjoyable.
hehe Funny story.
I just made a startling discovery. When I unplugged all my household appliances and replaced my furnace with a woodstove, all my headphones that had raggedy ann treble suddenly became smooth on top at the expense of a smaller soundstage...and smaller everything else.
Is the freezing cold melting your brain into audio bliss hallucination? because I experience the same thing when I strip down naked and sit on a large block of ice while listening to my headphones. My butt gets very raw/red but the audio bliss is worth it.
I saw that. I'm surprised no one posted it yet. I didn't in fear it was already up, but I guess not.
Good review. You kept referring to it as a reference level can which is direct contrast to Tyll's review. Again, it just makes me want to try them out to see what I hear myself.
Thanks for your support Nomax and the tip on the SPL. Took me a bit of time to get a review unit, but I'm glad I did because the K812 sounds amazing with the Phonitor2. I sent the Phonitor2 to our staff member Kevin a few days ago for his part of the reivew . I now have separation anxiety.
- AKG K812 Pro
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 55 seconds ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 59 seconds ago
- › FS: ETYMOTICS 4PT WITH ALL ORIGINAL PACKAGING *MINT* 1 minute ago
- › Embed crossfeed while ripping 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Blue Announces Ella, Sadie and Satellite Headphones @ CES 2017 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Output of Dragonfly Red vs Onkyo DP-X1 DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear