- 625 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Springfield, VA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- k812 dismantling ..... Countless hidden Last post on 7/18/14 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-560 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs K812 -- quick impressions Last post on 8/25/14 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has somebody tried K812 and GS1000i under HP-A8? How do they sound like? Last post on 6/18/14 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Real Deal Beats Thread Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
AKG K812 Pro - Page 101
Gear mentioned in this thread:
At least it's better-looking than the K812 tin foil hat synergy legend, but who knows--maybe it works.
Edited by Claritas - 2/28/14 at 5:10am
Yes, I was amazed by it when I heard them at the shop - lucky enough to also demo the AK240 with them. The K812 sounds beautiful with instruments but I found some EDM sounds harsh to my ears. The stock interconnects dampens the "metallic-ness" of the treble, has less detail in exchange for more smoother listening and brings out the punchy bass. Overall, my LCD-X are easier to listen to for EDM.
Who said anything about copper?
All you need is a thick jacket and a supercooled superconductor. ;)
Just discovered that synergy may be the problem and the solution to enjoying the K812's. With my Atlas Element Asymmetric Integra interconnects, the treble on the K812's have piercing highs that made it quite annoying/painful to listen to. After swapping to the stock cables that came with my Arcam irDac, those piercing highs are gone and the sound is enjoyable.
hehe Funny story.
I just made a startling discovery. When I unplugged all my household appliances and replaced my furnace with a woodstove, all my headphones that had raggedy ann treble suddenly became smooth on top at the expense of a smaller soundstage...and smaller everything else.
Is the freezing cold melting your brain into audio bliss hallucination? because I experience the same thing when I strip down naked and sit on a large block of ice while listening to my headphones. My butt gets very raw/red but the audio bliss is worth it.
I saw that. I'm surprised no one posted it yet. I didn't in fear it was already up, but I guess not.
Good review. You kept referring to it as a reference level can which is direct contrast to Tyll's review. Again, it just makes me want to try them out to see what I hear myself.
Thanks for your support Nomax and the tip on the SPL. Took me a bit of time to get a review unit, but I'm glad I did because the K812 sounds amazing with the Phonitor2. I sent the Phonitor2 to our staff member Kevin a few days ago for his part of the reivew . I now have separation anxiety.
- AKG K812 Pro
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 24 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [Help] Mad Dog Pro vs. Alpha Dog 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › Help me optimize my 1k budget 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)