- 756 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Springfield, VA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/15/15 at 3:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- COMPARISON / REVIEW: A tale of two flagships (part deux) – Beyerdynamic T1 vs AKG K812 Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
It is nearing two months since I was introduced to the original Monk earbuds by Venture Electronics. They left quite the impression on me and my views on price-to-performance ratio in audio...
T-PEOS RASIEL Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/807332/t-peos-rasiel-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Finder X1...
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AKG K812 Pro - Page 101
Gear mentioned in this thread:
At least it's better-looking than the K812 tin foil hat synergy legend, but who knows--maybe it works.
Edited by Claritas - 2/28/14 at 5:10am
Yes, I was amazed by it when I heard them at the shop - lucky enough to also demo the AK240 with them. The K812 sounds beautiful with instruments but I found some EDM sounds harsh to my ears. The stock interconnects dampens the "metallic-ness" of the treble, has less detail in exchange for more smoother listening and brings out the punchy bass. Overall, my LCD-X are easier to listen to for EDM.
Who said anything about copper?
All you need is a thick jacket and a supercooled superconductor. ;)
Just discovered that synergy may be the problem and the solution to enjoying the K812's. With my Atlas Element Asymmetric Integra interconnects, the treble on the K812's have piercing highs that made it quite annoying/painful to listen to. After swapping to the stock cables that came with my Arcam irDac, those piercing highs are gone and the sound is enjoyable.
hehe Funny story.
I just made a startling discovery. When I unplugged all my household appliances and replaced my furnace with a woodstove, all my headphones that had raggedy ann treble suddenly became smooth on top at the expense of a smaller soundstage...and smaller everything else.
Is the freezing cold melting your brain into audio bliss hallucination? because I experience the same thing when I strip down naked and sit on a large block of ice while listening to my headphones. My butt gets very raw/red but the audio bliss is worth it.
I saw that. I'm surprised no one posted it yet. I didn't in fear it was already up, but I guess not.
Good review. You kept referring to it as a reference level can which is direct contrast to Tyll's review. Again, it just makes me want to try them out to see what I hear myself.
Thanks for your support Nomax and the tip on the SPL. Took me a bit of time to get a review unit, but I'm glad I did because the K812 sounds amazing with the Phonitor2. I sent the Phonitor2 to our staff member Kevin a few days ago for his part of the reivew . I now have separation anxiety.
- AKG K812 Pro
- › post your grado mods.... 10 seconds ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 1 minute ago
- › Audio Valve RKV MKii with or without Impandance or Verto 2 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DP-X1 + 128GB sandisk micro SD 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 4 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 6 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by Aornic
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by mark2410
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...