- 709 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Springfield, VA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 3/20/15 at 11:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- COMPARISON / REVIEW: A tale of two flagships (part deux) – Beyerdynamic T1 vs AKG K812 Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AKG K812 Pro - Page 101
Gear mentioned in this thread:
At least it's better-looking than the K812 tin foil hat synergy legend, but who knows--maybe it works.
Edited by Claritas - 2/28/14 at 5:10am
Yes, I was amazed by it when I heard them at the shop - lucky enough to also demo the AK240 with them. The K812 sounds beautiful with instruments but I found some EDM sounds harsh to my ears. The stock interconnects dampens the "metallic-ness" of the treble, has less detail in exchange for more smoother listening and brings out the punchy bass. Overall, my LCD-X are easier to listen to for EDM.
Who said anything about copper?
All you need is a thick jacket and a supercooled superconductor. ;)
Just discovered that synergy may be the problem and the solution to enjoying the K812's. With my Atlas Element Asymmetric Integra interconnects, the treble on the K812's have piercing highs that made it quite annoying/painful to listen to. After swapping to the stock cables that came with my Arcam irDac, those piercing highs are gone and the sound is enjoyable.
hehe Funny story.
I just made a startling discovery. When I unplugged all my household appliances and replaced my furnace with a woodstove, all my headphones that had raggedy ann treble suddenly became smooth on top at the expense of a smaller soundstage...and smaller everything else.
Is the freezing cold melting your brain into audio bliss hallucination? because I experience the same thing when I strip down naked and sit on a large block of ice while listening to my headphones. My butt gets very raw/red but the audio bliss is worth it.
I saw that. I'm surprised no one posted it yet. I didn't in fear it was already up, but I guess not.
Good review. You kept referring to it as a reference level can which is direct contrast to Tyll's review. Again, it just makes me want to try them out to see what I hear myself.
Thanks for your support Nomax and the tip on the SPL. Took me a bit of time to get a review unit, but I'm glad I did because the K812 sounds amazing with the Phonitor2. I sent the Phonitor2 to our staff member Kevin a few days ago for his part of the reivew . I now have separation anxiety.
- AKG K812 Pro
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 48 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone350 impressions and Australian review tour thread. 54 seconds ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-GC20 Headphone Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2