Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by Ra97oR, 10/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- k812 dismantling ..... Countless hidden Last post on 7/18/14 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K812 serious design flaw Last post on 7/15/14 at 12:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-560 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs K812 -- quick impressions Last post on 9/24/14 at 5:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has somebody tried K812 and GS1000i under HP-A8? How do they sound like? Last post on 6/18/14 at 1:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Will we ever see new high impedance headphones? Last post on 6/3/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
AKG K812 Pro - Page 86
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Other than the price? The price. I have not heard a +$1000 headphone that wasn't a waste of money in the long run. Or put another way, I haven't heard a +$1000 headphone that didn't have a sound that I could pretty much get for way under $1000.
....the headphone that makes me stop buying headphones. Maybe the K812 is also that...I need to hear it.
No the K812 isn' t theat if no other was. It is an evolution not revolution.
Acix, the audible changes seem to be that the soundstage opens up more and the nuances and micro-details come across more effortlessly. Imaging also incrementally gets better. I was just listening to Duffy's Mercy and Madonna's Rain last night: the percussion on Mercy was well rounded and organic, and the rumble in the first bar of Rain was played out well - I felt like I could feel not just the rumble, but the texture as well. Not sure I clearly expressed myself in the last sentence. It's a bit difficult to describe - I suppose I could say that I could feel the traction in the bass. :)
The K812 is hitting on all cylinders for me.
Good Lord. We'll see if lightning strikes twice; so far, I'm not persuaded it's struck once.
- AKG K812 Pro
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 54 seconds ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 1 minute ago
- › Where in the forum can I check for a good value external Speaker... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help on <$120 headphones 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)