New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K812 Pro - Page 75

post #1111 of 2857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post
 

Much appreciated :bigsmile_face:


Pics are up! (check original post one page back)

post #1112 of 2857

Wow they look nice.  

post #1113 of 2857
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post


Pics are up! (check original post one page back)
Nice shots. The comfort level you mentioned is right on. The strap across the headband is first class, a huge improvement over the KXXX models.
post #1114 of 2857

Great photos, M-13! Doesn't everyone want one now? :)

post #1115 of 2857

Was that out of the Fiio X3??

post #1116 of 2857
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post
 

Was that out of the Fiio X3??


Yup... unfortunately. :o (waiting for the X5 or DX90)

post #1117 of 2857

well, that's a promising start. :D

post #1118 of 2857
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post
 

well, that's a promising start. :D


Yeah my situation isn't ideal. Going from the Concero to the X3 DAC section is like going from wearing silk underwear to rough wool all of a sudden. The X5 or DX90 literally cannot come out any faster for me. I'm waiting with my credit card ready. If these products weren't in the pipeline I would have gotten the HM-901 or AK120 instead of buying the Sig Pro.

post #1119 of 2857
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 


Yeah my situation isn't ideal. Going from the Concero to the X3 DAC section is like going from wearing silk underwear to rough wool all of a sudden. The X5 or DX90 literally cannot come out any faster for me. I'm waiting with my credit card ready. If these products weren't in the pipeline I would have gotten the HM-901 or AK120 instead of buying the Sig Pro.

Well, I must say you are truly embracing the idea of "headphone first" in a chain.  With the impressions and my good experience with the K712 I'm even considering selling my beloved Soloist to afford the K812.  The amp on the Anedio I recently picked up isn't too far behind with the K712 and I imagine it would work even better with the K812.

post #1120 of 2857

I don't like headphone stands that clamp or touch the earpads. Should have bundled the K812 with Room's. Much better drying.

post #1121 of 2857
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWahl View Post
 

Well, I must say you are truly embracing the idea of "headphone first" in a chain.  With the impressions and my good experience with the K712 I'm even considering selling my beloved Soloist to afford the K812.  The amp on the Anedio I recently picked up isn't too far behind with the K712 and I imagine it would work even better with the K812.


Yeah, I guess I am. Even though I'm a source first type of guy. My previous chain was Concero to Emotiva to LCD-2/HE-500, and I was thinking about upgrading my source and not the headphones. Haha.

 

Moving away from a destop rig to something truly transportable is the reason for this weird transition phase. And honestly? The X3 isn't as bad as I thought it was. Not sure if it's the like 500 hours or usage (burn-in) or mind-burn or what, but it's sounding more neutral'ish these days with "okay" micro-detail extraction. It's still bad of course, and the edges of attack are fuzzy and micro-details are often lost, but just not as terrible as I thought.

 

For what it's worth I think the Anedio would be awesome with the K812 :evil: (Can I get the custom title: Wallet Slayer?) Haha.

post #1122 of 2857
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

I will do that right now. You command and I obey Master! evil_smiley.gif (give me 5 minutes)

Here you go:








Oh yeah the Sig Pros came in today too, but I seem to not care about them... (It's like a girl walking into a bar right after Scarlett Johansson)





They survived the train incident remarkably well.
post #1123 of 2857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
 

I don't like headphone stands that clamp or touch the earpads. Should have bundled the K812 with Room's. Much better drying.


yup, looks like this stand will flat those pads faster.

post #1124 of 2857
Yes it does - out of the box the pads were compressed asymetrical, which took some time to have fine pads again. Also humidity effected pads are not able to dry so fast.
post #1125 of 2857
What suggestions do you guys have for good stands, and where can you buy them?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum