Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series - Page 14

post #196 of 419

Here's something I just got by mail!

 

 

decent packaging, beautiful headphones! the IM-02 is similarly sized to the ck10s.

 

 

Great pouch!

 

 

 

.....

post #197 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Here's something I just got by mail!

 

 

decent packaging, beautiful headphones! the IM-02 is similarly sized to the ck10s.

 

 

Great pouch!

 

 

 

.....

Are you sure? :rolleyes:

post #198 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

Are you sure? :rolleyes:

Good question, lol. I don't have the ck10s with me right now, but the earphones are definitely not as big as I expected. It's almost the same size, but it IS a bit bigger. Almost as big as a dime. I'll post an in ear shot so you guys get an idea. The depth of the earphone, the bulk, is definitely not the same as the ck10s. It's a bit fatter, unfortunately, but at least it looks pretty. 

post #199 of 419

I finally had a chance to try out my IM50 today and all I can say is WOW!  These have great bass, clean natural vocals, and unlike the Westone 3, there's no hint of sibilance, and this is right out of the box with zero burn-in. I'm not an IEM person so I don't have much experience with IEM but I'm loving the IM50 right now. The only thing I don't like is the bulkiness. 


Edited by RoMee - 12/26/13 at 7:26pm
post #200 of 419

Alrite! The new series came into Korea. Gotta go check them out tmrw!

post #201 of 419

After i get paid next week, i'm gonna buy the IM70 from cdjapan haha

new years double pay yay $_$

post #202 of 419
I've received the IM70 some days ago. Didn't have much time to spend with them so far, but I have some first impressions.

I think the memory cable is more trouble than it should be. Makes fitting the earphones in your ears a great hassle. The shape and size of the earpiece don't make it any easier. The IM70 is definitely harder to pop into your ears than a Westone IEM. But really, that memory cable. So long, so stiff. It just gets in the way. I never wear IEM cables behind my back as suggested in the instruction manual, so the AT cable is just ill-conceived in my book. Might very well be a deal breaker.

Once inside the ear, the IEM stays in place. This is more than can be said for my current favorite IEM, the Sennheiser IE8. An IE8 with a Westone (or even ATH-IM) housing would be my dream IEM.

The sound... I still really have to make up my mind about this, but some people really think the IM70 has too much bass? I can't imagine listening to music with less bass than this.
The IM70 is quite energetic. The sound is not far from the IE8, which costs quite a lot more. Less bass, maybe a bit more sparkling. Clarity is good; resolution and separation is where the IM70 clearly shows its price range. It has definitely less separation and clarity than the Westone UM2, but on the other hand, it's completely sibilance-free, something that can't be said about the Westone. I can't tolerate sibilance, so this is a plus for me.

I really don't know if I will keep the IM70. If not for that darned memory cable, I would probably have less doubts, because the sound is very good for the price.
post #203 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by egokun View Post

snip cable snip

Actually, I'm inclined to agree with you on the cable. I'm really hoping some third party cables come out soon because the firmish memory wire is making it a pain for me to find a comfortable position on my ear. biggrin.gif
post #204 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post


Actually, I'm inclined to agree with you on the cable. I'm really hoping some third party cables come out soon because the firmish memory wire is making it a pain for me to find a comfortable position on my ear. biggrin.gif


Oh good, i thought i was alone in this subject. I'm still trying tips to get a comfier seal, since my ear seems to reject the IM70's when i put them (after a few minutes i either have them shallower than i had them to begin with, or in too deep). I'm using the M Size tips, and i tried the M sized tips from the CLR100, which seem a little softer. Tried to fit them with the M Sized tips from VSonic, with foam inside the tip, but got nowhere with them... I really hope someone releases a 3rd party cable with better memory wire, or even without any, i can still use ear guides... Regarding the sound, nothing to say really more than they haven't left my ears since i got them, sometimes not even to sleep.

post #205 of 419

my gr07 BE recently broke and i am looking for an upgrade... to me the gr07 didnt have enough bass. Will the IM70 be the IEM i am looking for?

post #206 of 419

So I have let my IM50's burn in for around 30 hours so far, and I have noticed that the bass on them has tamed just a little bit, and the mids are shining through a bit more. They are definitely very balanced. I'm curious about the IM70 now, but I'm really happy with my purchase. I was comparing the sound between the stock tips and the comply's and I think the comply's actually dull the sound a little bit. I found that they took away a bit of treble sparkle, so I'm sticking with the stock tips. Overall I think these are an amazing value. Very balanced, but with enough kick and sparkle to keep from sounding boring. Awesome! 

post #207 of 419

I had a good amount of time with the IM03 and the IM04. They are definitely not worth the price IMO. The highs really turned it off for me.

post #208 of 419

Hey guys,

I'm looking into the ATH-IM70 and 01 because they're in my price range.

I posted this topic yesterday and read the ATH-IM70 review here and since I trust Audio-Technica from past experience, I'm very inclined to go for one of their products again.

The more I read about the IM70, the more interested I am. I guess what remains is deciding if I want them, or the IM50, or perhaps the slightly more expensive IM01.

I'm also open to the IM50, based on some of the comments in this topic they seem to be a great value, but the IM70 seems to have better bass, which is important to me -- on the flipside I am not looking for bassy headphones, just good bass with an overall balanced, detailed sound. I guess if someone feels like reading the topic I posted yesterday and provide opinions on IM50 vs. 70, that'd be great :)

 

One of the big question marks for me is balanced armature. I'd never heard of that. Any pros and cons I should be aware of? I read Wikipedia's blurb on the subject and noted that BA headphones supposedly need a better seal to sound good, which puts me off the whole thing, but is that accurate? Somebody wanna me the lowdown on BA if you have a minute? :p 

post #209 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shub-Niggurath View Post
 

Hey guys,

I'm looking into the ATH-IM70 and 01 because they're in my price range.

I posted this topic yesterday and read the ATH-IM70 review here and since I trust Audio-Technica from past experience, I'm very inclined to go for one of their products again.

The more I read about the IM70, the more interested I am. I guess what remains is deciding if I want them, or the IM50, or perhaps the slightly more expensive IM01.

I'm also open to the IM50, based on some of the comments in this topic they seem to be a great value, but the IM70 seems to have better bass, which is important to me -- on the flipside I am not looking for bassy headphones, just good bass with an overall balanced, detailed sound. I guess if someone feels like reading the topic I posted yesterday and provide opinions on IM50 vs. 70, that'd be great :)

 

One of the big question marks for me is balanced armature. I'd never heard of that. Any pros and cons I should be aware of? I read Wikipedia's blurb on the subject and noted that BA headphones supposedly need a better seal to sound good, which puts me off the whole thing, but is that accurate? Somebody wanna me the lowdown on BA if you have a minute? :p 

 

Get the IM70, I auditioned IM70 and the IM-04(which is ~6x the price of IM70), i prefer the IM70

 

It have good body with good quantity and quality of bass, the overall sound sig is very smooth and balanced, which is what you're looking for

 

I only tried IM50 for awhile, but I would say IM70 is more refined and smoother than IM50. As you already pointed out, IM70 does have better bass than IM50, and while its not a day and night difference, its immediately noticeable if you were to test both side by side

post #210 of 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockaRolla View Post
 

 

Get the IM70, I auditioned IM70 and the IM-04(which is ~6x the price of IM70), i prefer the IM70

 

It have good body with good quantity and quality of bass, the overall sound sig is very smooth and balanced, which is what you're looking for

 

I only tried IM50 for awhile, but I would say IM70 is more refined and smoother than IM50. As you already pointed out, IM70 does have better bass than IM50, and while its not a day and night difference, its immediately noticeable if you were to test both side by side

how'd the bass and highs sound on the im-04?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series