or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series - Page 12

post #166 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGeldMann View Post

You must not be in America for a total price of $63. Shipping alone is $56 for me, ramping it up to $110.frown.gif

Dude, here is the US chart for the IM-50...

FedEx International Priority 1700 yen 5676 yen 7376 yen(US$ 70.07)
Express Mail Service (EMS) 1200 yen 5676 yen 6876 yen(US$ 65.32)
Registered Air Mail 1160 yen 5676 yen 6836 yen(US$ 64.94)
Air Mail 750 yen 5676 yen 6426 yen(US$ 61.04)
SAL 500 yen 5676 yen 6176 yen(US$ 58.67)
Registered SAL 910 yen 5676 yen 6586 yen(US$ 62.56)

 

The most expensive is under $17(1700 Yen = $16.30) + 5676( the IM50) = 7376 Yen or $70.07

EMS is good enough so less than $12 unless you need it ASAP.


Edited by jant71 - 12/19/13 at 5:57pm
post #167 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post

Dude, here is the US chart for the IM-50...
FedEx International Priority 1700 yen 5676 yen 7376 yen(US$ 70.07)
Express Mail Service (EMS) 1200 yen 5676 yen 6876 yen(US$ 65.32)
Registered Air Mail 1160 yen 5676 yen 6836 yen(US$ 64.94)
Air Mail 750 yen 5676 yen 6426 yen(US$ 61.04)
SAL 500 yen 5676 yen 6176 yen(US$ 58.67)
Registered SAL 910 yen 5676 yen 6586 yen(US$ 62.56)

The most expensive is under $17(1700 Yen = $16.30) + 5676( the IM50) = 7376 Yen or $70.07
EMS is good enough so less than $12 unless you need it ASAP.

Why in the hell does it list $ prices if they're wrong? I am confuse.

Edit: HOLY CRAP I GET IT NOW. THATS TOTAL AT THE END THERE. Ok, that makes sense.
Edited by DerGeldMann - 12/19/13 at 6:00pm
post #168 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGeldMann View Post

Why in the hell does it list $ prices if they're wrong? I am confuse.

Edit: HOLY CRAP I GET IT NOW. THATS TOTAL AT THE END THERE. Ok, that makes sense.

Now you're thinking with portals.
post #169 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 


Please read the post above. Yes, I have heard the GR07MK2, and I owned the GR07 for over a year back in the day. As a complement to the GR07, yes, definitely, you would not be disappointed. As I mention in my impressions, the enhanced bass is mostly concentrated in the sub-bass. Mid-bass is rather tame, so that "slam" that most people register as a bassline is not actually super strong. People who know me know that I don't go for bassy earphones. My principal IEM is the UERM, which is a nice approximation of subjective flat with very, very mild lift in the low and high end. I tend not to go for earphones that have more than +4.5 dB of bass over diffuse-field flat (think Etymotic ER4). The IM50 is an exception. It's very articulate in the bass, and doesn't overwhelm you with bass.

 

The SS01 is more mid-bassy, and more upper-midrange focused. It's more of the classic Audio-Technica sound. ATH seems to have gone for a different sound this time around. The SS01, as I mention in the post above, has more detail, but the IM50 feels more open and relaxed, which I enjoy. The SS01 is for having energetic fun, while the IM50 is for R&R on vacation. Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot! That is very detailed quick impressions. I think you have sold me on this, as I have always wanted some Audio Technica IEMs. That is a very nice price you got too, hopefully the official MSRP in Hong Kong won't be too high when they come out. I will probably wait about a month and see if I should ask my friend in Japan to get them for me.

post #170 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by disillusion View Post  Thanks a lot! That is very detailed quick impressions. I think you have sold me on this, as I have always wanted some Audio Technica IEMs. That is a very nice price you got too, hopefully the official MSRP in Hong Kong won't be too high when they come out. I will probably wait about a month and see if I should ask my friend in Japan to get them for me.


If you live in HK, I'm pretty sure the price of Audio-Technica items is quite reasonable. It shouldn't come out to more than 460 HKD or so. It'll likely be around 450 HKD or lower, I bet. Most of the specialty shops there will also have demo units as well, so I wouldn't worry about having to pull the trigger without hearing/wearing it.

post #171 of 427

I'd discard Fedex, i got a bogus (but still "legal") charge on the total, i got my IM70 for around US$150 total. I might go for the IM50 later, though i'm quite pleased with the IM70, but i did a tip roll (Swapped the original M size silicon tips, with the M Size tips from the CLR100), and the fit and the sound got a lot better. So far, one of the best headphones i've ever owned, just under my GR04 Pro.


Edited by Kukyo - 12/19/13 at 10:55pm
post #172 of 427
Lol damn you guys had me scared like they misquoted me or something. Glad the guy knows the deal then as far as shipping costs.
post #173 of 427

Was in Japan recently, and got the chance to demo the IM-50 and IM-70. While they do sound very nice for the price, I did feel that the IM-70 was a little bass-heavy for my tastes, and they are a lot larger than I expected them to be. Quite a shame, I would have gotten the 50s had they been smaller. Not a bad buy at all, reminds me of JVC's FXD series in terms of price-to-performance ratio. Would still reach for the FXD-80s over the 50s and 70s because they sound more balanced to my ears. 

post #174 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 

 

Yeah I know.

 

I guess I'd go for the IM02 still if I was buying them, right now they'd cost me £122 inc FedEx from CDJapan.

 

I've been looking at the Sony XBA-H1 too.

 

So, I decided to go for the new DUNU DN-1000 hybrid IEM instead of the IM02 and with the current discount on MP4Nation it actually cost me slightly less.

post #175 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 

 

So, I decided to go for the new DUNU DN-1000 hybrid IEM instead of the IM02 and with the current discount on MP4Nation it actually cost me slightly less.

 

 

You won't be disappointed!

post #176 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

 

You won't be disappointed!

 

So I gather.

 

As I have been reading this seems to be the breakthrough IEM for Dunu, just like the H100 was for T-Peos, which I didint buy because of the reported sibilance.

post #177 of 427
How long does it usually take to get the order processed before they ship?
post #178 of 427

hi guys,

 

i am wondering if which one of these iem would have the most similar sound signature to CK100PRO please?

 

thanks guys

post #179 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by buihia View Post
 

hi guys,

 

i am wondering if which one of these iem would have the most similar sound signature to CK100PRO please?

 

thanks guys

IM03. it is improved version of CK100PRO. it neutral & well balanced.

post #180 of 427
When are these going to be available in the US?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series