- 62 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 7/13/15 at 4:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 5/29/15 at 6:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 7/18/15 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!) - Page 6
Poll Results: "Guess that Smell..." - SPOILERS BE WARNED!!! Thankfully, "Smell-O-Vision" doesn't exist, so the voting will show everyone's favorite Theory!
15% (7)Theory 1: "Estate Sale Closeout"... aka Rigamortis Funkubus
19% (9)Theory 2: "Death Bead Doorbuster"... aka killer sound
34% (16)Theory 3: "Musical Mortician Madness"
8% (4)Theory 4: "Z for Zennheiser - Z for Zombie"
10% (5)Theory 5: "Clean your ears folks!"... aka leprosy, bringing it back!
10% (5)Theory 6: "Taxidermy Treasure"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's a thought! I was half tempted to get GC to bag and tag pieces of the pads and mail em out to HeadFiers... double dog dare you!
Edited by mrscotchguy - 10/13/13 at 7:59pm
I won't drink to that. You are cruel. So where's the last chapter? Or will you leave an opening for the next season's episodes?
Oh my dear Gosh...
I am intrigued, but I am afraid for my dear life... that once I know the true identity of the smell, I wouldn't be able to touch any high-end gear for a while.
Sounds like you've got a pair of headphone whose mere existence is already polarizing enough that it causes the audience to experience a whole new perspective even before they put it on.
Kudos to you for even attempting to give it a chance, sir!
I wouldn't doubt it if you tell me you found Pandora's fingerprints all over that box later on...
Thank you, I was hoping to share my unique story with like minded people since most everyone else just doesn't get our lil' hobby. The creative story time evolved since I found it was taking longer than I suspected to get it typed out. And I was having loads of fun to boot! I have more story to tell and have plans for after the story ends. Suchas setting up a poll since the guessing game has already fiercely begun!
I am happy that I have made a few of you laugh, skwirm, and get severly impatient.
The cursed pair of HD800s won't yield their secrets so easily I tell you! But have no fear, our hero will show us the truth any time now... or die trying
The two teeth I had extracted last month weren't as painful as this incomplete saga of nasal malefaction.
I'm guessing they were from a deceased estate. The deceased was an audiophile and was wearing them when he died. He was not discovered for a number of years and his corpse putrefied and spoiled the headphones. The low serial# fits with this theory.
Edited by In Over My Head - 10/13/13 at 10:57pm
Audiophile equivalent of viking burial at sea. Lol
Sorry, can't help it. mrscotchguy has a life too, so him sharing his story here is already a gift from the hallowed pantheon of the audiophile deities.
- HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 3 minutes ago
- › Metrum Pavane 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 - Are these the first IEM's by FiiO? -- See the official... 9 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 10 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 11 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Brainwavz Jive earphones - Tuned to preform like a... 14 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3