- 61 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on Yesterday at 10:20 am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:47am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 5/2/15 at 8:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure E4Cs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!) - Page 6
Poll Results: "Guess that Smell..." - SPOILERS BE WARNED!!! Thankfully, "Smell-O-Vision" doesn't exist, so the voting will show everyone's favorite Theory!
15% (7)Theory 1: "Estate Sale Closeout"... aka Rigamortis Funkubus
19% (9)Theory 2: "Death Bead Doorbuster"... aka killer sound
34% (16)Theory 3: "Musical Mortician Madness"
8% (4)Theory 4: "Z for Zennheiser - Z for Zombie"
10% (5)Theory 5: "Clean your ears folks!"... aka leprosy, bringing it back!
10% (5)Theory 6: "Taxidermy Treasure"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's a thought! I was half tempted to get GC to bag and tag pieces of the pads and mail em out to HeadFiers... double dog dare you!
Edited by mrscotchguy - 10/13/13 at 7:59pm
I won't drink to that. You are cruel. So where's the last chapter? Or will you leave an opening for the next season's episodes?
Oh my dear Gosh...
I am intrigued, but I am afraid for my dear life... that once I know the true identity of the smell, I wouldn't be able to touch any high-end gear for a while.
Sounds like you've got a pair of headphone whose mere existence is already polarizing enough that it causes the audience to experience a whole new perspective even before they put it on.
Kudos to you for even attempting to give it a chance, sir!
I wouldn't doubt it if you tell me you found Pandora's fingerprints all over that box later on...
Thank you, I was hoping to share my unique story with like minded people since most everyone else just doesn't get our lil' hobby. The creative story time evolved since I found it was taking longer than I suspected to get it typed out. And I was having loads of fun to boot! I have more story to tell and have plans for after the story ends. Suchas setting up a poll since the guessing game has already fiercely begun!
I am happy that I have made a few of you laugh, skwirm, and get severly impatient.
The cursed pair of HD800s won't yield their secrets so easily I tell you! But have no fear, our hero will show us the truth any time now... or die trying
The two teeth I had extracted last month weren't as painful as this incomplete saga of nasal malefaction.
I'm guessing they were from a deceased estate. The deceased was an audiophile and was wearing them when he died. He was not discovered for a number of years and his corpse putrefied and spoiled the headphones. The low serial# fits with this theory.
Edited by In Over My Head - 10/13/13 at 10:57pm
Audiophile equivalent of viking burial at sea. Lol
Sorry, can't help it. mrscotchguy has a life too, so him sharing his story here is already a gift from the hallowed pantheon of the audiophile deities.
- HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
- › IC: My Entire Collection! 7 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 59 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Music sound with in ear from Sony: LG G2 or HTC One? 6 minutes ago
- › Time for a new sound card/pc audio solution? 6 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2