- 59 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2 hour A/B session Last post on 8/14/14 at 9:46am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audeze Q-Audio 6.5 ft cable with 1/8 TRS termination and an HD800 adapter Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:26am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 8/18/14 at 12:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a **LOUD** DAC/AMP for HD800s Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been... - Page 6
Poll Results: "Guess that Smell..." - SPOILERS BE WARNED!!! Thankfully, "Smell-O-Vision" doesn't exist, so the voting will show everyone's favorite Theory!
14% (5)Theory 1: "Estate Sale Closeout"... aka Rigamortis Funkubus
17% (6)Theory 2: "Death Bead Doorbuster"... aka killer sound
37% (13)Theory 3: "Musical Mortician Madness"
5% (2)Theory 4: "Z for Zennheiser - Z for Zombie"
14% (5)Theory 5: "Clean your ears folks!"... aka leprosy, bringing it back!
11% (4)Theory 6: "Taxidermy Treasure"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's a thought! I was half tempted to get GC to bag and tag pieces of the pads and mail em out to HeadFiers... double dog dare you!
Edited by mrscotchguy - 10/13/13 at 7:59pm
I won't drink to that. You are cruel. So where's the last chapter? Or will you leave an opening for the next season's episodes?
Oh my dear Gosh...
I am intrigued, but I am afraid for my dear life... that once I know the true identity of the smell, I wouldn't be able to touch any high-end gear for a while.
Sounds like you've got a pair of headphone whose mere existence is already polarizing enough that it causes the audience to experience a whole new perspective even before they put it on.
Kudos to you for even attempting to give it a chance, sir!
I wouldn't doubt it if you tell me you found Pandora's fingerprints all over that box later on...
Thank you, I was hoping to share my unique story with like minded people since most everyone else just doesn't get our lil' hobby. The creative story time evolved since I found it was taking longer than I suspected to get it typed out. And I was having loads of fun to boot! I have more story to tell and have plans for after the story ends. Suchas setting up a poll since the guessing game has already fiercely begun!
I am happy that I have made a few of you laugh, skwirm, and get severly impatient.
The cursed pair of HD800s won't yield their secrets so easily I tell you! But have no fear, our hero will show us the truth any time now... or die trying
The two teeth I had extracted last month weren't as painful as this incomplete saga of nasal malefaction.
I'm guessing they were from a deceased estate. The deceased was an audiophile and was wearing them when he died. He was not discovered for a number of years and his corpse putrefied and spoiled the headphones. The low serial# fits with this theory.
Edited by In Over My Head - 10/13/13 at 10:57pm
Audiophile equivalent of viking burial at sea. Lol
Sorry, can't help it. mrscotchguy has a life too, so him sharing his story here is already a gift from the hallowed pantheon of the audiophile deities.
- HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 38 seconds ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 52 seconds ago
- › Will Apple make a headphone amp/DAC after the Beats acquisition? 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 4 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)