- 59 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Why does no one use Ultraleather? Last post on 10/26/14 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that you would recommend based on my tastes Last post on 10/21/14 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why do top end headphones go beyond 20 khz if there is no sound there? Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Find an amp for lcd3 and hd800 Last post on 9/30/14 at 11:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 amping (800 € budget) Last post on 10/16/14 at 1:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been... - Page 6
Poll Results: "Guess that Smell..." - SPOILERS BE WARNED!!! Thankfully, "Smell-O-Vision" doesn't exist, so the voting will show everyone's favorite Theory!
18% (7)Theory 1: "Estate Sale Closeout"... aka Rigamortis Funkubus
18% (7)Theory 2: "Death Bead Doorbuster"... aka killer sound
34% (13)Theory 3: "Musical Mortician Madness"
5% (2)Theory 4: "Z for Zennheiser - Z for Zombie"
13% (5)Theory 5: "Clean your ears folks!"... aka leprosy, bringing it back!
10% (4)Theory 6: "Taxidermy Treasure"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's a thought! I was half tempted to get GC to bag and tag pieces of the pads and mail em out to HeadFiers... double dog dare you!
Edited by mrscotchguy - 10/13/13 at 7:59pm
I won't drink to that. You are cruel. So where's the last chapter? Or will you leave an opening for the next season's episodes?
Oh my dear Gosh...
I am intrigued, but I am afraid for my dear life... that once I know the true identity of the smell, I wouldn't be able to touch any high-end gear for a while.
Sounds like you've got a pair of headphone whose mere existence is already polarizing enough that it causes the audience to experience a whole new perspective even before they put it on.
Kudos to you for even attempting to give it a chance, sir!
I wouldn't doubt it if you tell me you found Pandora's fingerprints all over that box later on...
Thank you, I was hoping to share my unique story with like minded people since most everyone else just doesn't get our lil' hobby. The creative story time evolved since I found it was taking longer than I suspected to get it typed out. And I was having loads of fun to boot! I have more story to tell and have plans for after the story ends. Suchas setting up a poll since the guessing game has already fiercely begun!
I am happy that I have made a few of you laugh, skwirm, and get severly impatient.
The cursed pair of HD800s won't yield their secrets so easily I tell you! But have no fear, our hero will show us the truth any time now... or die trying
The two teeth I had extracted last month weren't as painful as this incomplete saga of nasal malefaction.
I'm guessing they were from a deceased estate. The deceased was an audiophile and was wearing them when he died. He was not discovered for a number of years and his corpse putrefied and spoiled the headphones. The low serial# fits with this theory.
Edited by In Over My Head - 10/13/13 at 10:57pm
Audiophile equivalent of viking burial at sea. Lol
Sorry, can't help it. mrscotchguy has a life too, so him sharing his story here is already a gift from the hallowed pantheon of the audiophile deities.
- HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 seconds ago
- › Private messaging 7 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 37 seconds ago
- › HD800 being "picky" with amps myth 54 seconds ago
- › upgrading from senn hd598 to hd600 amped 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - AUNE AUDIO S16 - Single box DAC and Headphone Amplifier. 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 Bundle (HE-6, Temple Audio Bantam Gold, XLR to Speaker... 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)