- 62 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:47am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 5/29/15 at 6:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!) - Page 6
Poll Results: "Guess that Smell..." - SPOILERS BE WARNED!!! Thankfully, "Smell-O-Vision" doesn't exist, so the voting will show everyone's favorite Theory!
15% (7)Theory 1: "Estate Sale Closeout"... aka Rigamortis Funkubus
19% (9)Theory 2: "Death Bead Doorbuster"... aka killer sound
34% (16)Theory 3: "Musical Mortician Madness"
8% (4)Theory 4: "Z for Zennheiser - Z for Zombie"
10% (5)Theory 5: "Clean your ears folks!"... aka leprosy, bringing it back!
10% (5)Theory 6: "Taxidermy Treasure"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's a thought! I was half tempted to get GC to bag and tag pieces of the pads and mail em out to HeadFiers... double dog dare you!
Edited by mrscotchguy - 10/13/13 at 7:59pm
I won't drink to that. You are cruel. So where's the last chapter? Or will you leave an opening for the next season's episodes?
Oh my dear Gosh...
I am intrigued, but I am afraid for my dear life... that once I know the true identity of the smell, I wouldn't be able to touch any high-end gear for a while.
Sounds like you've got a pair of headphone whose mere existence is already polarizing enough that it causes the audience to experience a whole new perspective even before they put it on.
Kudos to you for even attempting to give it a chance, sir!
I wouldn't doubt it if you tell me you found Pandora's fingerprints all over that box later on...
Thank you, I was hoping to share my unique story with like minded people since most everyone else just doesn't get our lil' hobby. The creative story time evolved since I found it was taking longer than I suspected to get it typed out. And I was having loads of fun to boot! I have more story to tell and have plans for after the story ends. Suchas setting up a poll since the guessing game has already fiercely begun!
I am happy that I have made a few of you laugh, skwirm, and get severly impatient.
The cursed pair of HD800s won't yield their secrets so easily I tell you! But have no fear, our hero will show us the truth any time now... or die trying
The two teeth I had extracted last month weren't as painful as this incomplete saga of nasal malefaction.
I'm guessing they were from a deceased estate. The deceased was an audiophile and was wearing them when he died. He was not discovered for a number of years and his corpse putrefied and spoiled the headphones. The low serial# fits with this theory.
Edited by In Over My Head - 10/13/13 at 10:57pm
Audiophile equivalent of viking burial at sea. Lol
Sorry, can't help it. mrscotchguy has a life too, so him sharing his story here is already a gift from the hallowed pantheon of the audiophile deities.
- HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner 20 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 24 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 49 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Which Headphones Should I Buy? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Senns HD-600, one owner 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)