More and more I feel like the initial idea I had about the smell may be correct... but that would mean you have some haunted headphones. x.x
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 11/28/16 at 10:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!) - Page 5
Poll Results: "Guess that Smell..." - SPOILERS BE WARNED!!! Thankfully, "Smell-O-Vision" doesn't exist, so the voting will show everyone's favorite Theory!
16% (8)Theory 1: "Estate Sale Closeout"... aka Rigamortis Funkubus
18% (9)Theory 2: "Death Bead Doorbuster"... aka killer sound
32% (16)Theory 3: "Musical Mortician Madness"
10% (5)Theory 4: "Z for Zennheiser - Z for Zombie"
10% (5)Theory 5: "Clean your ears folks!"... aka leprosy, bringing it back!
14% (7)Theory 6: "Taxidermy Treasure"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm starting to think these were taken off some hermit's head who had died while listening to music and nobody discovered his body until weeks later when it began to smell.
Yeah, the music coming through the HD800 was soooo uplifting, it sent him straight to heaven
If it were a Creepy Pasta story, it would probably go like this:
Back in 2010, a farmer with a screwed up mentality decided to be funny and put the HD800 in a dying corpse of a cow. The cow, suffering even more that his owner put something inside of his dying carcass became mad and swore to haunt his owner forever.
After the cow's carcass had become severely deteriorated, the owner decided to take the HD800 out of the pile of flies. Upon picking it up, he suddenly became immobilised; he couldn't move his body at all. Then, as if a demon had possessed his soul, he marched back to his home and hung himself, with the HD800 hanging around his neck. After about a week, the farmer's family became worried since the farmer hadn't answered any of their phone calls. Arriving at the farmer's house, they were appalled at the sight they found.
Fast forward a few months, after the farmer's funeral, the farmer's family decided to sell everything the farmer owned in an estate sale, including the bloody HD800 that was cleaned of. No one realised on the other hand that the dreaded HD800 was to remain haunted for eternity, giving off the stench of the dying corpses of whomever used it. As the years went by, many greedy owners wanted to purchase this early serial number HD800. Every owner of this HD800 died within a few months of owning it, adding to the haunted smell of the HD800.
*This whole story is a work of fiction and I didn't mean to imply anything. This was just for entertainment purposes.
Oh my dear Gosh...
I am intrigued, but I am afraid for my dear life... that once I know the true identity of the smell, I wouldn't be able to touch any high-end gear for a while.
Sounds like you've got a pair of headphone whose mere existence is already polarizing enough that it causes the audience to experience a whole new perspective even before they put it on.
Kudos to you for even attempting to give it a chance, sir!
I wouldn't doubt it if you tell me you found Pandora's fingerprints all over that box later on...
' Just like a black hole is a force so strong it can bend even light, so too is the potency of this "force". '
When you finish this, they should put it up as one of those sliding ads on the entry page.
- HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 43 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 46 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 47 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 53 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 vs B&O Beoplay H6 2nd Gen vs NAD VISO HP50 1 minute ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The 3 heavy weights and other audio myths... Abyss VS Utopia VS... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear