More and more I feel like the initial idea I had about the smell may be correct... but that would mean you have some haunted headphones. x.x
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- They might be Kings: Focal Utopia, Sony MDR-Z1R, HiFiMan HE1000 V2 and MrSpeakers Ether Flow... Last post on Yesterday at 10:04 pm in Currawong
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 2/26/17 at 8:57am in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!) - Page 5
Poll Results: "Guess that Smell..." - SPOILERS BE WARNED!!! Thankfully, "Smell-O-Vision" doesn't exist, so the voting will show everyone's favorite Theory!
16% (8)Theory 1: "Estate Sale Closeout"... aka Rigamortis Funkubus
18% (9)Theory 2: "Death Bead Doorbuster"... aka killer sound
32% (16)Theory 3: "Musical Mortician Madness"
10% (5)Theory 4: "Z for Zennheiser - Z for Zombie"
10% (5)Theory 5: "Clean your ears folks!"... aka leprosy, bringing it back!
14% (7)Theory 6: "Taxidermy Treasure"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm starting to think these were taken off some hermit's head who had died while listening to music and nobody discovered his body until weeks later when it began to smell.
Yeah, the music coming through the HD800 was soooo uplifting, it sent him straight to heaven
If it were a Creepy Pasta story, it would probably go like this:
Back in 2010, a farmer with a screwed up mentality decided to be funny and put the HD800 in a dying corpse of a cow. The cow, suffering even more that his owner put something inside of his dying carcass became mad and swore to haunt his owner forever.
After the cow's carcass had become severely deteriorated, the owner decided to take the HD800 out of the pile of flies. Upon picking it up, he suddenly became immobilised; he couldn't move his body at all. Then, as if a demon had possessed his soul, he marched back to his home and hung himself, with the HD800 hanging around his neck. After about a week, the farmer's family became worried since the farmer hadn't answered any of their phone calls. Arriving at the farmer's house, they were appalled at the sight they found.
Fast forward a few months, after the farmer's funeral, the farmer's family decided to sell everything the farmer owned in an estate sale, including the bloody HD800 that was cleaned of. No one realised on the other hand that the dreaded HD800 was to remain haunted for eternity, giving off the stench of the dying corpses of whomever used it. As the years went by, many greedy owners wanted to purchase this early serial number HD800. Every owner of this HD800 died within a few months of owning it, adding to the haunted smell of the HD800.
*This whole story is a work of fiction and I didn't mean to imply anything. This was just for entertainment purposes.
Oh my dear Gosh...
I am intrigued, but I am afraid for my dear life... that once I know the true identity of the smell, I wouldn't be able to touch any high-end gear for a while.
Sounds like you've got a pair of headphone whose mere existence is already polarizing enough that it causes the audience to experience a whole new perspective even before they put it on.
Kudos to you for even attempting to give it a chance, sir!
I wouldn't doubt it if you tell me you found Pandora's fingerprints all over that box later on...
' Just like a black hole is a force so strong it can bend even light, so too is the potency of this "force". '
When you finish this, they should put it up as one of those sliding ads on the entry page.
- HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
- › Unique Melody Maestro 20 seconds ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 50 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 2 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom Studio? 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear