Epic story! Best thing I've read on here in a long time :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Repairing damaged hd800 cables Last post on 3/13/14 at 1:07am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- HD800 to HD650 Sound Signature Conversion + Dolby Headphone - Comment & Discuss! Last post on 3/12/14 at 9:00pm in Computer Audio
- what's next?????my main phones are Sennheiser HD-800, secondary AKG-702 Last post on 3/4/14 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- TomsHardware: What Does It Take To Turn The PC Into A Hi-Fi Audio Platform? Last post on 3/2/14 at 2:07pm in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been... - Page 17
Poll Results: "Guess that Smell..." - SPOILERS BE WARNED!!! Thankfully, "Smell-O-Vision" doesn't exist, so the voting will show everyone's favorite Theory!
34 Total Votespost #241 of 33710/18/13 at 8:27pm
11% (4)Theory 1: "Estate Sale Closeout"... aka Rigamortis Funkubus
17% (6)Theory 2: "Death Bead Doorbuster"... aka killer sound
38% (13)Theory 3: "Musical Mortician Madness"
5% (2)Theory 4: "Z for Zennheiser - Z for Zombie"
14% (5)Theory 5: "Clean your ears folks!"... aka leprosy, bringing it back!
11% (4)Theory 6: "Taxidermy Treasure"
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 33710/18/13 at 10:24pm
I'm in medical school and have done a fair bit of dissection. I don't mind the smell of formaldehyde at all, it actually makes most people hungry.
The smell of rotting flesh isn't something I've smelt though, as formaldehyde preserves the cadavers. No deal sounds worth the smell though!post #243 of 33710/19/13 at 6:15pmThread StarterAfter letting the pads air out for 16 hours, they were still funky, but lost abut 20% foulnes. After four days, only 5% smell remained!
Just to protect myself from leprosy or a zombie-virus, I decided to conduct a thourough cleaning. So for anyone trying to remove death...post #244 of 33710/19/13 at 6:25pmpost #245 of 33710/19/13 at 6:29pmpost #246 of 33710/19/13 at 6:46pmpost #247 of 33710/19/13 at 6:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by mrscotchguy
After letting the pads air out for 16 hours, they were still funky, but lost abut 20% foulnes. After four days, only 5% smell remained!
Just to protect myself from leprosy or a zombie-virus, I decided to conduct a thourough cleaning. So for anyone trying to remove death...
Are new pads that expensive?
I half expected a shot of you driving along at a hundred miles an hour with the 800's held out the windowpost #248 of 33710/19/13 at 6:51pmThread StarterQuote:Good call, I need to change my signature anyways... I can barely listen to my HD580s anymore. Thanks for the kind words.
... My hero!post #249 of 33710/19/13 at 7:17pmpost #250 of 33710/19/13 at 7:38pmpost #251 of 33710/19/13 at 8:19pmpost #252 of 33710/19/13 at 9:40pmQuote:
That thing has been haunting my nightmarespost #253 of 33710/20/13 at 5:05amQuote:
She's a little beauty!!post #254 of 33710/20/13 at 5:16am
- HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 29 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Best closed headphones for office use? (long list!) 8 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › FS: Aurisonics ASG-2 (Price Further Reduced) 9 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 10 minutes ago
- › Blu Jeans LC1 picking too much noise.. 12 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 13 minutes ago
- › Someone help! IEM questions. 14 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude