wtf, where is the last part?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on Yesterday at 2:27 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 3/25/16 at 10:05am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!) - Page 13
Poll Results: "Guess that Smell..." - SPOILERS BE WARNED!!! Thankfully, "Smell-O-Vision" doesn't exist, so the voting will show everyone's favorite Theory!
16% (8)Theory 1: "Estate Sale Closeout"... aka Rigamortis Funkubus
18% (9)Theory 2: "Death Bead Doorbuster"... aka killer sound
32% (16)Theory 3: "Musical Mortician Madness"
8% (4)Theory 4: "Z for Zennheiser - Z for Zombie"
10% (5)Theory 5: "Clean your ears folks!"... aka leprosy, bringing it back!
14% (7)Theory 6: "Taxidermy Treasure"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Long, elaborate story with no end that keeps getting teased at/promised, but never comes
No review on the sound quality
No questions answered regarding the headphones
I think OP is trolling everyone, and doing an excellent job. Even I fell for it, but now I am beginning to feel that the "end" of this story will either A) Never come, or, B) Be a serious let down.
My firends, we have already read the "end" of the OPs tale...
Well played sir, well played.
Edited by painted klown - 10/17/13 at 10:49am
Oh my god, best post in any forum I have ever seen! Just the sheer size of It really made me lol. Well done
Edited by firstwat - 10/17/13 at 1:41pm
Figured what out? Do we know the real answer?
I only read the punch line. Didn't find it funny. Maybe the joke is "the joke's on you" if you read the whole thing?
I remember a similar joke from when I was a kid... the punchline is that there is no punchline. :)
My friends. I'm afraid we will likely not hear the end of this tale. I've surmised that the OP was overtaken by the horrific stench of his HD800's and is now doomed to walk in the shadows of society, a pariah. urinating and defecating on himself in an endless futile attempt to somehow overpower the acrid odor or his bargain headphones. Shunned by family and friends and, indeed, all of humankind he wanders aimlessly pushing his shopping cart full of one off blems and factory seconds Monoprice headphones...cackling to himself about harmonic resonances, impedance, and audible differences in cable materials.
The white Elephant Joke punch line.
The punchline - Everybody knows that grey elephants are nothing special................ - appears 7 times.
The asumption in the joke is that white elephants are liken white caucasians who are grey in colour when dead.
Grey elephants are nothing special because that is their natural colour.
If a white elephant is killed it should remain white........ not that nothing special colour.
- HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 4 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 16 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 57 seconds ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 3 minutes ago
- › Mr. Speakers Ether 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new pair of open-back headphones that has bass! 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 9 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...