wtf, where is the last part?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Why does no one use Ultraleather? Last post on 10/26/14 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 800 : Sennheiser HDVD800 or Woo Audio WA7 ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 6:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones that you would recommend based on my tastes Last post on 10/21/14 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM build quality concern Last post on 10/11/14 at 3:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Why do top end headphones go beyond 20 khz if there is no sound there? Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been... - Page 13
Poll Results: "Guess that Smell..." - SPOILERS BE WARNED!!! Thankfully, "Smell-O-Vision" doesn't exist, so the voting will show everyone's favorite Theory!
18% (7)Theory 1: "Estate Sale Closeout"... aka Rigamortis Funkubus
18% (7)Theory 2: "Death Bead Doorbuster"... aka killer sound
34% (13)Theory 3: "Musical Mortician Madness"
5% (2)Theory 4: "Z for Zennheiser - Z for Zombie"
13% (5)Theory 5: "Clean your ears folks!"... aka leprosy, bringing it back!
10% (4)Theory 6: "Taxidermy Treasure"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Long, elaborate story with no end that keeps getting teased at/promised, but never comes
No review on the sound quality
No questions answered regarding the headphones
I think OP is trolling everyone, and doing an excellent job. Even I fell for it, but now I am beginning to feel that the "end" of this story will either A) Never come, or, B) Be a serious let down.
My firends, we have already read the "end" of the OPs tale...
Well played sir, well played.
Edited by painted klown - 10/17/13 at 10:49am
Oh my god, best post in any forum I have ever seen! Just the sheer size of It really made me lol. Well done
Edited by firstwat - 10/17/13 at 1:41pm
Figured what out? Do we know the real answer?
I only read the punch line. Didn't find it funny. Maybe the joke is "the joke's on you" if you read the whole thing?
I remember a similar joke from when I was a kid... the punchline is that there is no punchline. :)
My friends. I'm afraid we will likely not hear the end of this tale. I've surmised that the OP was overtaken by the horrific stench of his HD800's and is now doomed to walk in the shadows of society, a pariah. urinating and defecating on himself in an endless futile attempt to somehow overpower the acrid odor or his bargain headphones. Shunned by family and friends and, indeed, all of humankind he wanders aimlessly pushing his shopping cart full of one off blems and factory seconds Monoprice headphones...cackling to himself about harmonic resonances, impedance, and audible differences in cable materials.
The white Elephant Joke punch line.
The punchline - Everybody knows that grey elephants are nothing special................ - appears 7 times.
The asumption in the joke is that white elephants are liken white caucasians who are grey in colour when dead.
Grey elephants are nothing special because that is their natural colour.
If a white elephant is killed it should remain white........ not that nothing special colour.
- HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - ALTO + FORZA - Crowdsourcing,... 14 seconds ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 4 minutes ago
- › [Poor Man Reviews] Nocs' NS-800 5 minutes ago
- › Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! a.k.a. The S0 impressions thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 6 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)