I agree with the guy who surmised that in a vain attempt to keep up with JVC, Sennheiser tired to incorporate carbon natto tube technology in their drivers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:47am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 5/2/15 at 8:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wa22+HD800 and EDM music? Last post on 2/10/15 at 3:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!) - Page 11
Poll Results: "Guess that Smell..." - SPOILERS BE WARNED!!! Thankfully, "Smell-O-Vision" doesn't exist, so the voting will show everyone's favorite Theory!
15% (7)Theory 1: "Estate Sale Closeout"... aka Rigamortis Funkubus
20% (9)Theory 2: "Death Bead Doorbuster"... aka killer sound
35% (16)Theory 3: "Musical Mortician Madness"
6% (3)Theory 4: "Z for Zennheiser - Z for Zombie"
11% (5)Theory 5: "Clean your ears folks!"... aka leprosy, bringing it back!
11% (5)Theory 6: "Taxidermy Treasure"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You're not the only one, for the kind of stink he's describing...I'm imagining it would be a bargain barring the smell
I have a feeling we're all going to need a bath after we finally hear the "harrowing" end to this story. At this point if it doesn't include international espionage and a sexy double agent as well as the cavalry charging down the hill to save the day I think it's going to be extremely anti-climactic.
This is one of those stories that have no endings, but also an infinite number of endings. It has been purposefully left open to interpretation by the author for readers to determine for themselves what the ending should be. Like the ending of Inception, where our protagonist may be living in a dream, or perhaps a dream within a dream, we have to ask ourselves if there was a smell, or perhaps a finer aroma within the overbearing scent. We have to ask ourselves whether it was even a smell in the first place, or perhaps it was actually an unpalatable taste, or a taste within the taste or a smell within a taste within another smell. Or maybe it is really you, the reader, who really owns this pair of smelly, distasteful headphones and that the story is not complete because you have not completed your next course of action on your own pair of headphones to allow for this story to progress. And that you are actually mrscotchguy. That you have a split personality. And that, I, Sonido am also you, but a third personality that cannot withstand your complaints any longer to finish up the story, and that I am giving you a hint on what all of this means, and why the story is not finished. Because simply stated, the story cannot finish unless you release all inhibitions, and only then can you truly complete the story yourself. So listen to me. Listen to yourself.
So quit complaining and go listen to your smelly headphones.
Edited by Sonido - 10/16/13 at 10:45pm
I'll throw in a cheap HD-800 story to hold us over!
I took the bait on a "too good to be true" HD-800 deal. The seller offered them at $600 with a promise that the only issue were damaged cables. Easy fix, right? When the headphones arrived they condition was not exactly as advertised. The headphones themselves were in perfect condition, but the pads were, well, not. They appeared to have been used for daily workouts or some other activity that left them looking far worse than any other I have ever seen, or smelled. I honestly could hardly bring myself to touch them.
Literally equipped with rubber gloves the pads were easily removed and burned in my back yard. Putting them in the garbage just didn't seem adequate to properly dispose of the waste product.
A quick sanitizing of the headband and headphones left them in as new condition. Sennheiser had new ear pads and headband pad to my doorstep in a days time. A friend passed on an unused stock cable and they were up and running in no time.
I was still $$ ahead after a little effort. I wonder how the OP made out?
- HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
- › Three Word Story 2 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 13 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 19 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 29 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 38 seconds ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2