I agree with the guy who surmised that in a vain attempt to keep up with JVC, Sennheiser tired to incorporate carbon natto tube technology in their drivers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 7/18/16 at 2:18pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 7/16/16 at 9:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!) - Page 11
Poll Results: "Guess that Smell..." - SPOILERS BE WARNED!!! Thankfully, "Smell-O-Vision" doesn't exist, so the voting will show everyone's favorite Theory!
16% (8)Theory 1: "Estate Sale Closeout"... aka Rigamortis Funkubus
18% (9)Theory 2: "Death Bead Doorbuster"... aka killer sound
32% (16)Theory 3: "Musical Mortician Madness"
8% (4)Theory 4: "Z for Zennheiser - Z for Zombie"
10% (5)Theory 5: "Clean your ears folks!"... aka leprosy, bringing it back!
14% (7)Theory 6: "Taxidermy Treasure"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You're not the only one, for the kind of stink he's describing...I'm imagining it would be a bargain barring the smell
I have a feeling we're all going to need a bath after we finally hear the "harrowing" end to this story. At this point if it doesn't include international espionage and a sexy double agent as well as the cavalry charging down the hill to save the day I think it's going to be extremely anti-climactic.
This is one of those stories that have no endings, but also an infinite number of endings. It has been purposefully left open to interpretation by the author for readers to determine for themselves what the ending should be. Like the ending of Inception, where our protagonist may be living in a dream, or perhaps a dream within a dream, we have to ask ourselves if there was a smell, or perhaps a finer aroma within the overbearing scent. We have to ask ourselves whether it was even a smell in the first place, or perhaps it was actually an unpalatable taste, or a taste within the taste or a smell within a taste within another smell. Or maybe it is really you, the reader, who really owns this pair of smelly, distasteful headphones and that the story is not complete because you have not completed your next course of action on your own pair of headphones to allow for this story to progress. And that you are actually mrscotchguy. That you have a split personality. And that, I, Sonido am also you, but a third personality that cannot withstand your complaints any longer to finish up the story, and that I am giving you a hint on what all of this means, and why the story is not finished. Because simply stated, the story cannot finish unless you release all inhibitions, and only then can you truly complete the story yourself. So listen to me. Listen to yourself.
So quit complaining and go listen to your smelly headphones.
Edited by Sonido - 10/16/13 at 10:45pm
I'll throw in a cheap HD-800 story to hold us over!
I took the bait on a "too good to be true" HD-800 deal. The seller offered them at $600 with a promise that the only issue were damaged cables. Easy fix, right? When the headphones arrived they condition was not exactly as advertised. The headphones themselves were in perfect condition, but the pads were, well, not. They appeared to have been used for daily workouts or some other activity that left them looking far worse than any other I have ever seen, or smelled. I honestly could hardly bring myself to touch them.
Literally equipped with rubber gloves the pads were easily removed and burned in my back yard. Putting them in the garbage just didn't seem adequate to properly dispose of the waste product.
A quick sanitizing of the headband and headphones left them in as new condition. Sennheiser had new ear pads and headband pad to my doorstep in a days time. A friend passed on an unused stock cable and they were up and running in no time.
I was still $$ ahead after a little effort. I wonder how the OP made out?
- HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 7 minutes ago
- › Converting DVD-A files to Flac 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 8 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 9 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 10 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 11 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 12 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 14 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...