I agree with the guy who surmised that in a vain attempt to keep up with JVC, Sennheiser tired to incorporate carbon natto tube technology in their drivers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2 hour A/B session Last post on 8/14/14 at 9:46am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audeze Q-Audio 6.5 ft cable with 1/8 TRS termination and an HD800 adapter Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:26am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- First Flagship Headphone--Can't decide! Last post on 8/18/14 at 12:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a **LOUD** DAC/AMP for HD800s Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been... - Page 11
Poll Results: "Guess that Smell..." - SPOILERS BE WARNED!!! Thankfully, "Smell-O-Vision" doesn't exist, so the voting will show everyone's favorite Theory!
14% (5)Theory 1: "Estate Sale Closeout"... aka Rigamortis Funkubus
17% (6)Theory 2: "Death Bead Doorbuster"... aka killer sound
37% (13)Theory 3: "Musical Mortician Madness"
5% (2)Theory 4: "Z for Zennheiser - Z for Zombie"
14% (5)Theory 5: "Clean your ears folks!"... aka leprosy, bringing it back!
11% (4)Theory 6: "Taxidermy Treasure"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You're not the only one, for the kind of stink he's describing...I'm imagining it would be a bargain barring the smell
I have a feeling we're all going to need a bath after we finally hear the "harrowing" end to this story. At this point if it doesn't include international espionage and a sexy double agent as well as the cavalry charging down the hill to save the day I think it's going to be extremely anti-climactic.
This is one of those stories that have no endings, but also an infinite number of endings. It has been purposefully left open to interpretation by the author for readers to determine for themselves what the ending should be. Like the ending of Inception, where our protagonist may be living in a dream, or perhaps a dream within a dream, we have to ask ourselves if there was a smell, or perhaps a finer aroma within the overbearing scent. We have to ask ourselves whether it was even a smell in the first place, or perhaps it was actually an unpalatable taste, or a taste within the taste or a smell within a taste within another smell. Or maybe it is really you, the reader, who really owns this pair of smelly, distasteful headphones and that the story is not complete because you have not completed your next course of action on your own pair of headphones to allow for this story to progress. And that you are actually mrscotchguy. That you have a split personality. And that, I, Sonido am also you, but a third personality that cannot withstand your complaints any longer to finish up the story, and that I am giving you a hint on what all of this means, and why the story is not finished. Because simply stated, the story cannot finish unless you release all inhibitions, and only then can you truly complete the story yourself. So listen to me. Listen to yourself.
So quit complaining and go listen to your smelly headphones.
Edited by Sonido - 10/16/13 at 10:45pm
I'll throw in a cheap HD-800 story to hold us over!
I took the bait on a "too good to be true" HD-800 deal. The seller offered them at $600 with a promise that the only issue were damaged cables. Easy fix, right? When the headphones arrived they condition was not exactly as advertised. The headphones themselves were in perfect condition, but the pads were, well, not. They appeared to have been used for daily workouts or some other activity that left them looking far worse than any other I have ever seen, or smelled. I honestly could hardly bring myself to touch them.
Literally equipped with rubber gloves the pads were easily removed and burned in my back yard. Putting them in the garbage just didn't seem adequate to properly dispose of the waste product.
A quick sanitizing of the headband and headphones left them in as new condition. Sennheiser had new ear pads and headband pad to my doorstep in a days time. A friend passed on an unused stock cable and they were up and running in no time.
I was still $$ ahead after a little effort. I wonder how the OP made out?
- HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › USB vs Optical Dac 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 1 minute ago
- › Shure se846 vs. JH16/13 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions? 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 6 minutes ago
- › Gun-Fi 8 minutes ago
- › Headphone for fitting my prototype earpad using silk as both inner... 11 minutes ago
- › Interest Check / Trading Down: SE846 + Silver Litz Cable 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)