I agree with the guy who surmised that in a vain attempt to keep up with JVC, Sennheiser tired to incorporate carbon natto tube technology in their drivers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 10/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on Today at 2:40 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 7/31/16 at 7:28pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!) - Page 11
Poll Results: "Guess that Smell..." - SPOILERS BE WARNED!!! Thankfully, "Smell-O-Vision" doesn't exist, so the voting will show everyone's favorite Theory!
16% (8)Theory 1: "Estate Sale Closeout"... aka Rigamortis Funkubus
18% (9)Theory 2: "Death Bead Doorbuster"... aka killer sound
32% (16)Theory 3: "Musical Mortician Madness"
10% (5)Theory 4: "Z for Zennheiser - Z for Zombie"
10% (5)Theory 5: "Clean your ears folks!"... aka leprosy, bringing it back!
14% (7)Theory 6: "Taxidermy Treasure"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You're not the only one, for the kind of stink he's describing...I'm imagining it would be a bargain barring the smell
I have a feeling we're all going to need a bath after we finally hear the "harrowing" end to this story. At this point if it doesn't include international espionage and a sexy double agent as well as the cavalry charging down the hill to save the day I think it's going to be extremely anti-climactic.
This is one of those stories that have no endings, but also an infinite number of endings. It has been purposefully left open to interpretation by the author for readers to determine for themselves what the ending should be. Like the ending of Inception, where our protagonist may be living in a dream, or perhaps a dream within a dream, we have to ask ourselves if there was a smell, or perhaps a finer aroma within the overbearing scent. We have to ask ourselves whether it was even a smell in the first place, or perhaps it was actually an unpalatable taste, or a taste within the taste or a smell within a taste within another smell. Or maybe it is really you, the reader, who really owns this pair of smelly, distasteful headphones and that the story is not complete because you have not completed your next course of action on your own pair of headphones to allow for this story to progress. And that you are actually mrscotchguy. That you have a split personality. And that, I, Sonido am also you, but a third personality that cannot withstand your complaints any longer to finish up the story, and that I am giving you a hint on what all of this means, and why the story is not finished. Because simply stated, the story cannot finish unless you release all inhibitions, and only then can you truly complete the story yourself. So listen to me. Listen to yourself.
So quit complaining and go listen to your smelly headphones.
Edited by Sonido - 10/16/13 at 10:45pm
I'll throw in a cheap HD-800 story to hold us over!
I took the bait on a "too good to be true" HD-800 deal. The seller offered them at $600 with a promise that the only issue were damaged cables. Easy fix, right? When the headphones arrived they condition was not exactly as advertised. The headphones themselves were in perfect condition, but the pads were, well, not. They appeared to have been used for daily workouts or some other activity that left them looking far worse than any other I have ever seen, or smelled. I honestly could hardly bring myself to touch them.
Literally equipped with rubber gloves the pads were easily removed and burned in my back yard. Putting them in the garbage just didn't seem adequate to properly dispose of the waste product.
A quick sanitizing of the headband and headphones left them in as new condition. Sennheiser had new ear pads and headband pad to my doorstep in a days time. A friend passed on an unused stock cable and they were up and running in no time.
I was still $$ ahead after a little effort. I wonder how the OP made out?
- HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
- › Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone? 4 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 1 minute ago
- › Review tour for SOUNDAWARE 2016M1 / M1Pro(femto)... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Upgrading Soundcard/getting an DAC/Amp 5 minutes ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...