or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! - Page 67

post #991 of 4963

Ordered mine around the same time (7:43am PT) but it's showing in my order history as 3:43PM - which would be GMT.... no confirmation of shipping yet.

post #992 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post
 

Mine shipped. I ordered around 7:40 PST. I paid for USPS Priority, so it should be here Wednesday. Sweet.

 

-Daniel

I think I should have done USPS at this point.  I forgot about Thanksgiving so FedEx Ground might not arrive til next week.

post #993 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post


Diamonds are an audiophile's best friend. Half a carat should be enough to keep you out of the doghouse. biggrin.gif

I'll probably have to get her something extra special for christmas. I was never supposed to get in this deep... :D

post #994 of 4963

Huzzah, shipping confirmation. I'll have my new Vali here before my new HD650s it seems.

post #995 of 4963

I didn't order mine until 9:00am PST. No shipping confirmation yet. I was hoping to get it before I leave for a Thanksgiving trip...

 

I wonder how many they have built?

post #996 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGGleR View Post
 

I think I should have done USPS at this point.  I forgot about Thanksgiving so FedEx Ground might not arrive til next week.

 

I always request this-and I always ship this way as well. It's just seems like the ALWAYS hit their 2-Day mark, and tend to be the cheapest to boot. That said, I send heavy freight type stuff via FedEx as they gave good rates. Hopefully your'd will arrive sooner rather than later.

 

On another note-someone reaaaally needs to start a new Vali thread once they start getting in people's hands.This thread will be 75+ pages by the time we get anymore hands-on impressions.

 

-Daniel

post #997 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post
 

I didn't order mine until 9:00am PST. No shipping confirmation yet. I was hoping to get it before I leave for a Thanksgiving trip...

 

I wonder how many they have built?


Yes - ironically, they timed it to give a disadvantage to West Coast people - I was in the shower. :)

post #998 of 4963

Ah I want that Vali so badly! I wish I could buy it today before they become out-of-stock! Unfortunately I'm going to have to save up a bit before I can afford it :triportsad:

post #999 of 4963
Also didn't get notification for shipment. Wonder if paying by PayPal slows the process :-\
post #1000 of 4963

What would be more suitable for K701's, Magni or Vali?

post #1001 of 4963

I ordered within 30 minutes of the page going live. Still no shipping notification.

post #1002 of 4963
I received my Magni a few days ago and just ordered a Vali. I put my order for the Magni before I even knew the Vali existed. Otherwise, I might have just gone with the Vali.

I hope they both have their strengths so that I don't regret buying the Magni. In truth, I've always loved tube sound, so we'll see.

I've only listened to the Magni for about an hour so far. Sounds good, but slightly dry and without that bloom and liquidity that tubes or really good solid state have. Can anyone tell me if the Magni will improve with further use?

For $99, it still seems like a good deal, so I'll probably keep it. I hope it can still play a role in my gear collection once the Vali gets here.

On spec alone, can anyone say whether the Magni is more suited to driving the HE-500 than the Vali? Of course we'll all know very shortly, but what do you think?
post #1003 of 4963
Looks like I missed the launch, but they're still available so I had to order one. Definitely don't need it but I just couldn't help myself smily_headphones1.gif
post #1004 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.T. View Post

I've only listened to the Magni for about an hour so far. Sounds good, but slightly dry and without that bloom and liquidity that tubes or really good solid state have. Can anyone tell me if the Magni will improve with further use?

For $99, it still seems like a good deal, so I'll probably keep it. I hope it can still play a role in my gear collection once the Vali gets here.

On spec alone, can anyone say whether the Magni is more suited to driving the HE-500 than the Vali? Of course we'll all know very shortly, but what do you think?

Jason recommends a burn-in of 50-100 hours on both the Magni and the Vali.  It should improve somewhat, however your description is in-line with what I remember hearing from the Magni.   The Magni is about the best you can do with $99, but it's only $99 worth of amp. 

post #1005 of 4963

I have ordered one, at that price it's a no brainer.

 

I have never listened to a tube amp before, so I hope I will like the "tube" sound. And for the first time "burn-in" will have a real non-placebo effect :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!