or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! - Page 40

post #586 of 4963

So this should be a good amp for the Alpha Dog and Mad Dog? 

post #587 of 4963

ships November... if it's not tomorrow I will be sad... ish :o

post #588 of 4963

LOL if I order it and see it they will probably cancel it :normal_smile : They'll be like "Oh no, not THAT guy".

 

 

The last item I thought I'd hate turned out to be a winner (K712 Pro). Maybe that will happen with this amp.

 

Everything says I probably would not like it, but I'm going to try it anyway. If I hate it it'll be in the for sale forum. I'll give it a good month though.

 

I think my DJ100 will love it though despite being 38 ohm.

 

Haven't loved any Schiit amps yet but maybe this will be the one. Already a Modi fanboy though so maybe this will be the perfect Schiit Stack.

post #589 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post
 

So this should be a good amp for the Alpha Dog and Mad Dog? 


Purrin said it was "sublime" with his Paradox, nuff said? Got my ZMF modded T50RP'S, looking for "SUBLIME". Obviously a "balanced" Alpha needs something else,(Moljinar)!!! satwilson


Edited by satwilson - 10/31/13 at 7:22pm
post #590 of 4963
Don't mean to throw the thread off track but, what do you guys think of the t50 mods?
post #591 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformatron View Post
 

Check his post #546

Thanks... I missed that post.

post #592 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post
 

LOL if I order it and see it they will probably cancel it :normal_smile : They'll be like "Oh no, not THAT guy".

 

 

The last item I thought I'd hate turned out to be a winner (K712 Pro). Maybe that will happen with this amp.

 

Everything says I probably would not like it, but I'm going to try it anyway. If I hate it it'll be in the for sale forum. I'll give it a good month though.

 

I think my DJ100 will love it though despite being 38 ohm.

 

Haven't loved any Schiit amps yet but maybe this will be the one. Already a Modi fanboy though so maybe this will be the perfect Schiit Stack.

 

I don't think you'll keep it, but I'll buy it from you when you tire of it. :wink:

post #593 of 4963

Come one Schiit, release it. Need to read a lot of reviews in order to satiate my thirst and hopefully buy my first amp in the Vali and dac in the Modi :|

post #594 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphonicArin View Post

Don't mean to throw the thread off track but, what do you guys think of the t50 mods?

Check this thread for more information than you need, and if you don't want to navigate it you can just ask your question again over there.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/452404/just-listened-to-some-fostex-t50rps-today-wow

post #595 of 4963

I'm looking at geting a custom built 100Ohm adapter here in teh next week. Come Juanuary [assuming I'm still working at my current job] I'm totally picking the Vali up to pair with my w1000x + the adapter for some needed resistance... we shall see how it goes 

post #596 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

I'm looking at geting a custom built 100Ohm adapter here in teh next week. Come Juanuary [assuming I'm still working at my current job] I'm totally picking the Vali up to pair with my w1000x + the adapter for some needed resistance... we shall see how it goes 

Is that an attachment that plugs in between your headphone termination and the amp? I've been scouring the web searching for such a devise!
post #597 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscotchguy View Post


Is that an attachment that plugs in between your headphone termination and the amp? I've been scouring the web searching for such a devise!

Yea it's a Plug of sorts. There are some on eBay but I've found a ReCable MoT who's got a spare. I'm not sure 100 ohms is going to tremendously help the w1000x but sadly... I've got her hooked up to my NFB10ES2 and well I'm totally loving it actually! After a week with JUST the w1000x... the dt 880 sounds more dinstinct from it. Meaning, the issues I had with the NFB10ES2 went away after some intimate time with my w1000x <3 she sounds wonderful on the NFB 10ES2 actually!

 

STILL I want the Vali for the sake of hearing it! Hoping to get a 300 ohm custom resistor Cord/Adaptor thingy built by Zombie X [feel free to message him ur self] 

post #598 of 4963
Thanks for the info! I prefer to listen at low volumes, and have discovered that the sound quality can be killed by low attenuation. My GCHA fixes that issues, but I still have a few cans that are just a smidge too sibilant for my tastes. I am curious if the adaptor would help.

I was going to purchase this (http://www.amazon.com/Harrison-Labs-Line-Level-Attenuator/dp/B0006N41B0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383402863&sr=8-1&keywords=12+db+attenuator) for my Asgard, but was afraid it would increase the noise floor the kicks in past "1 o'clock".

Can't wait to hear everyone's impressions of this new amp!
post #599 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscotchguy View Post
I was going to purchase this (http://www.amazon.com/Harrison-Labs-Line-Level-Attenuator/dp/B0006N41B0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383402863&sr=8-1&keywords=12+db+attenuator) for my Asgard, but was afraid it would increase the noise floor the kicks in past "1 o'clock".

I used those for my Magni! They worked well (still couldn't help the fact that the Modi was too dam loud). For the brief period of time that I used them, however, I never had a critical session, so I have no idea just how much it affects the sound signature, but for the few times I did use them, they didn't seem to alter the sound signatures! 

post #600 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post

I used those for my Magni! They worked well (still couldn't help the fact that the Modi was too dam loud). For the brief period of time that I used them, however, I never had a critical session, so I have no idea just how much it affects the sound signature, but for the few times I did use them, they didn't seem to alter the sound signatures! 

+1

I use them with my Magni as well. Been using them for about a year by never been able to hear any difference in sq with or without them the times I've done tests.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!