Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! - Page 38

post #556 of 4210

Thanks for the comparison. It really helps put things into perspective.

post #557 of 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post
 

Never mind, didn't get to the last post of this thread lol 

 

So looks just like the Magni just a different flavor of sound. Cool 

 

Good job Jason. You and your Schiit team are rocking it!

 

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

:evil:


Vali isn't meant for high sensitivity cans like our TH600's (noise floor/output impedance)...so the T1 is still in play :D 

 

 

Good point... I still may have to try this later on and for $119 why the hell not!! 

 

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

:evil:

post #558 of 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post
 

 

 

Good point... I still may have to try this later on and for $119 why the hell not!! 

 

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

:evil:

Me too, might pick one up with an Alpha Dog...

post #559 of 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post
 

Me too, might pick one up with an Alpha Dog...

Has anyone heard this combo yet at a show? Probably too early, right? 

post #560 of 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post
 

Has anyone heard this combo yet at a show? Probably too early, right? 

Will have to search through this thread - I think Purrin reported that the Vali was a great pairing with another T50RP mod (Thunderpants maybe?). For me, I wanna own some schiit and this is a nice entry point.

post #561 of 4210

If the Vali works with the DT880 premium 600, i might get it, but i was hoping tried it with them first.

post #562 of 4210

I wonder how the Valo would pair with the Shure SRH840's or 940's, anyone have any thoughts?

Not to long ago, someone said the the Denons sounded fine on the Vali.


Edited by Sony Slave - 10/28/13 at 7:47pm
post #563 of 4210

Prediction of upcoming models/updates:

 

Valhalla ver 2.0

Lyr ver 2.0

 

Mjolnir w/ single ended output

 

Speaker amplifier with hybrid tube/SS config

Will we see Schiit version of this :

 

Tubes in SS system

 

post #564 of 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzack View Post
 

Prediction of upcoming models/updates:

 

Valhalla ver 2.0

Lyr ver 2.0

 

Mjolnir w/ single ended output

 

Speaker amplifier with hybrid tube/SS config

 

<snip>

 

I'd think the new rollable Valhalla would count as a v2.

Lyr I'd expect at some point.

SE Mjolnir...from everything I've seen mentioned this'll probably never happen. (Or looking at it another way, it already is and it's called the Ragnarok)

Jason's already basically confirmed speaker amps. No specific configurations were mentioned, but I imagine there will be options.

post #565 of 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant00 View Post
 

 

I'd think the new rollable Valhalla would count as a v2.

Lyr I'd expect at some point.

SE Mjolnir...from everything I've seen mentioned this'll probably never happen. (Or looking at it another way, it already is and it's called the Ragnarok)

 

 

Ragnarok is an over specified beast. I probably buy one but for the other room :D

There is my desktop PC and my smaller listening  area with headphones and

reasonably sized amplifiers. I love my Gungnir, I love the size of the Gungnir/Mjolnir

combo stacked up on top of each other. I have four headphones and all are

single ended. No plan to make them balanced..yet.

post #566 of 4210

leesure, you've been very generous with your time and comparisons.  Thank you.

 

I doubt you have one handy, but just in case, do you have any idea how the Vali would stack up to the Asgard 1?  

post #567 of 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline315 View Post

leesure, you've been very generous with your time and comparisons.  Thank you.

I doubt you have one handy, but just in case, do you have any idea how the Vali would stack up to the Asgard 1?  

I don't. I will try it vs the Lyr a bit later this week, tho.
post #568 of 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesure View Post


I don't. I will try it vs the Lyr a bit later this week, tho.

 

uh oh.

the fate of my Lyr and spare tubes on the shelf now rest in your hands...er... ears.

:confused:

post #569 of 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesure View Post


I don't. I will try it vs the Lyr a bit later this week, tho.

 

Waiting forward for your impression here :D

post #570 of 4210
FWIW, it will either be tomorrow night or Friday night that I'll have time to listen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!