Hopefully it means a Lyr2 with the same 'lesson learned' mentality Schiit got when they made the Magni, Asgard2 and Bifrost Uber upgrade.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD598s.. Magni2Uber vs Vali Last post on 2/26/15 at 6:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Schiit Magni2 Uber/Modi2 Uber vs Vali/Loki Last post on 7/18/15 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Project Head Box II vs. Schiit Vali Last post on 4/3/15 at 1:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- FS: Schiit Vali Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:45am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Recommendation for Tube Amp Last post on 8/11/15 at 3:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/30/15
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'll repeat what I posted a couple weeke ago:
not that this is worth much or could be "set in stone", but I emailed Jason in late Aug before I pulled the trigger on a Lyr.
my basic question was: "are they any plans for a Lyr2 as I don't want to buy a tube amp now only to have new schiit render mine last generation."
"Not at the Moment".
pulled the trigger on the Lyr, got some great tubes and I've been set since with my HE-500.
I've decided to get a Vali for Christmas...but need to match it with a new headphone. I'm considering DT880, Q701, and HD600.
Opinions? I listen to a little of everything, but tend toward pop and techno. I value detail level and sound stage.
I was previously underwhelmed by the Q701 (without an amp, which was obviously the problem) but thought the detail and sound stage were amazing. I live in the deep south and can't try anything out before I buy.
I had a chance to try out the Vali at the Philly meet on Saturday. It's a nice punchy and articulate amp and I quite liked it. Is it the best amp priced under a certain amount of money? I don't have the experience to answer that, but I do know I liked it and was surprised at the quality for the price.
I took the chance to try them out with a low impedance sensitive headphone, the Denon D7000 which has an impedance of a 25 ohms and a sensitivity of 108db/mW (though because of the Lawton mods it may be a bit less sensitive). The noise floor definitely wasn't as low as my M-Stage, but it wasn't loud by any means. It wasn't noticeable over normal music (I didn't try music with very quiet sections, though), and even as I turned down the volume, it never overpowered the music or caused much of a problem. It actually sounded pretty nice. I may still pick it up to get a longer trial period with it.
oh yes, I would be in total agreement for that! as long as the tube type doesn't change, I bet existing Lyr owners wouldn't mind an upgrade since the current price point certainly isn't super high.
whereas some folks tube investments might be. ha!
Edited by jexby - 10/27/13 at 9:04pm
In why sense?? The Vali puts out 650mW into 32 ohms. The Lyr is Ten times that. The Lyr is a tube roll-able hybrid amp designed to drive most anything. The Vali is a great little amp with a specific sound signature that outperforms its price point.
If you're hoping for a $120 amp that beats the Lyr, keep hoping.
That's based on about 30 minutes of listening to the Vali at RMAF & a couple of years with a Lyr at home. I'll give you more concrete impressions in a day or three.
I'd be interested in reading those comments.
- NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Audio-gd SA31SE [230V] 5 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 6 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 7 minutes ago
- › MassDrop x Hifiman RE00: Reincarnation of the Legend - Impression... 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 9 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 11 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...