Hopefully it means a Lyr2 with the same 'lesson learned' mentality Schiit got when they made the Magni, Asgard2 and Bifrost Uber upgrade.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD598s.. Magni2Uber vs Vali Last post on 2/26/15 at 6:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Schiit Magni2 Uber/Modi2 Uber vs Vali/Loki Last post on 7/18/15 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Project Head Box II vs. Schiit Vali Last post on 4/3/15 at 1:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- FS: Schiit Vali Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:45am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Recommendation for Tube Amp Last post on 8/11/15 at 3:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/30/15
NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'll repeat what I posted a couple weeke ago:
not that this is worth much or could be "set in stone", but I emailed Jason in late Aug before I pulled the trigger on a Lyr.
my basic question was: "are they any plans for a Lyr2 as I don't want to buy a tube amp now only to have new schiit render mine last generation."
"Not at the Moment".
pulled the trigger on the Lyr, got some great tubes and I've been set since with my HE-500.
I've decided to get a Vali for Christmas...but need to match it with a new headphone. I'm considering DT880, Q701, and HD600.
Opinions? I listen to a little of everything, but tend toward pop and techno. I value detail level and sound stage.
I was previously underwhelmed by the Q701 (without an amp, which was obviously the problem) but thought the detail and sound stage were amazing. I live in the deep south and can't try anything out before I buy.
I had a chance to try out the Vali at the Philly meet on Saturday. It's a nice punchy and articulate amp and I quite liked it. Is it the best amp priced under a certain amount of money? I don't have the experience to answer that, but I do know I liked it and was surprised at the quality for the price.
I took the chance to try them out with a low impedance sensitive headphone, the Denon D7000 which has an impedance of a 25 ohms and a sensitivity of 108db/mW (though because of the Lawton mods it may be a bit less sensitive). The noise floor definitely wasn't as low as my M-Stage, but it wasn't loud by any means. It wasn't noticeable over normal music (I didn't try music with very quiet sections, though), and even as I turned down the volume, it never overpowered the music or caused much of a problem. It actually sounded pretty nice. I may still pick it up to get a longer trial period with it.
oh yes, I would be in total agreement for that! as long as the tube type doesn't change, I bet existing Lyr owners wouldn't mind an upgrade since the current price point certainly isn't super high.
whereas some folks tube investments might be. ha!
Edited by jexby - 10/27/13 at 9:04pm
In why sense?? The Vali puts out 650mW into 32 ohms. The Lyr is Ten times that. The Lyr is a tube roll-able hybrid amp designed to drive most anything. The Vali is a great little amp with a specific sound signature that outperforms its price point.
If you're hoping for a $120 amp that beats the Lyr, keep hoping.
That's based on about 30 minutes of listening to the Vali at RMAF & a couple of years with a Lyr at home. I'll give you more concrete impressions in a day or three.
I'd be interested in reading those comments.
- NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 34 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 47 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 52 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 53 seconds ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 54 seconds ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › MusicMaker TK12 Appreciation / Impressions Thread Dual BA and DD... 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › For 6BL7 tube users 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Kon Peki
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse