Hopefully it means a Lyr2 with the same 'lesson learned' mentality Schiit got when they made the Magni, Asgard2 and Bifrost Uber upgrade.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HD598s.. Magni2Uber vs Vali Last post on 2/26/15 at 6:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Schiit Magni2 Uber/Modi2 Uber vs Vali/Loki Last post on 7/18/15 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Project Head Box II vs. Schiit Vali Last post on 4/3/15 at 1:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- FS: Schiit Vali Last post on 2/3/15 at 11:45am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Recommendation for Tube Amp Last post on 8/11/15 at 3:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'll repeat what I posted a couple weeke ago:
not that this is worth much or could be "set in stone", but I emailed Jason in late Aug before I pulled the trigger on a Lyr.
my basic question was: "are they any plans for a Lyr2 as I don't want to buy a tube amp now only to have new schiit render mine last generation."
"Not at the Moment".
pulled the trigger on the Lyr, got some great tubes and I've been set since with my HE-500.
I've decided to get a Vali for Christmas...but need to match it with a new headphone. I'm considering DT880, Q701, and HD600.
Opinions? I listen to a little of everything, but tend toward pop and techno. I value detail level and sound stage.
I was previously underwhelmed by the Q701 (without an amp, which was obviously the problem) but thought the detail and sound stage were amazing. I live in the deep south and can't try anything out before I buy.
I had a chance to try out the Vali at the Philly meet on Saturday. It's a nice punchy and articulate amp and I quite liked it. Is it the best amp priced under a certain amount of money? I don't have the experience to answer that, but I do know I liked it and was surprised at the quality for the price.
I took the chance to try them out with a low impedance sensitive headphone, the Denon D7000 which has an impedance of a 25 ohms and a sensitivity of 108db/mW (though because of the Lawton mods it may be a bit less sensitive). The noise floor definitely wasn't as low as my M-Stage, but it wasn't loud by any means. It wasn't noticeable over normal music (I didn't try music with very quiet sections, though), and even as I turned down the volume, it never overpowered the music or caused much of a problem. It actually sounded pretty nice. I may still pick it up to get a longer trial period with it.
oh yes, I would be in total agreement for that! as long as the tube type doesn't change, I bet existing Lyr owners wouldn't mind an upgrade since the current price point certainly isn't super high.
whereas some folks tube investments might be. ha!
Edited by jexby - 10/27/13 at 9:04pm
In why sense?? The Vali puts out 650mW into 32 ohms. The Lyr is Ten times that. The Lyr is a tube roll-able hybrid amp designed to drive most anything. The Vali is a great little amp with a specific sound signature that outperforms its price point.
If you're hoping for a $120 amp that beats the Lyr, keep hoping.
That's based on about 30 minutes of listening to the Vali at RMAF & a couple of years with a Lyr at home. I'll give you more concrete impressions in a day or three.
I'd be interested in reading those comments.
- NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
- › Headphone stands? 4 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 5 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 5 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 11 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 11 minutes ago
- › Living in Japan (Geisha,Gangsters,and Godzilla) A Diary. 12 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 13 minutes ago
- › [Review] Encore Rockmaster IE (In-Ear) - well rounded $30 budget... 13 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by jasonb
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2