Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! - Page 285

post #4261 of 4272
I've been using the vali for around 8 weeks now and really happy with it. Powers my akg q701s very nice along with the mixamp pro for gaming.
post #4262 of 4272
Quote:
Originally Posted by YT-MrEleven1181 View Post

I've been using the vali for around 8 weeks now and really happy with it. Powers my akg q701s very nice along with the mixamp pro for gaming.
I agree... I have the volume nob on the Pro in the middle and turn the Vali up to about 12'oclock and its great. I recommend it for anyone who wants to pair it both with the K712's as well
post #4263 of 4272
Quote:
Originally Posted by audidym View Post
 

Ordered Vali for my DT880 600 Ohms. :)

 

Currently using Fiio E09k/Modi Combo ..serves well,but wanted to try Hybrid Amp.


Received Vali today and really enjoying the Tube like sound. Serial No:2257 -> Ringing for like 10 sec and goes silent. The whole unit(Volume knob included) is getting warm pretty quickly. I think it's normal & expected.

post #4264 of 4272
Quote:
Originally Posted by audidym View Post
 


Received Vali today and really enjoying the Tube like sound. Serial No:2257 -> Ringing for like 10 sec and goes silent. The whole unit(Volume knob included) is getting warm pretty quickly. I think it's normal & expected.

Yes, it is normal. 
Mine is No: 0693 :)

post #4265 of 4272

Currently looking @ the Vali for my first tube amp. I'm rocking HD-600 and SR80e for HP's

 

I listen to all types of music and I mean all. Ill go from Daft Punk, Bill Withers, Flatt & Scruggs, Dio, to Richard Wagner in a single sitting.

For the price of the Vali @ 119 can anyone make a recommendation on any other entry level tube amps @ a simalar price I should be looking into?

 

Basically want to start exploring the world of tubes and looking for advise or otherwise.....

 

Currently have Biforst uber & Asgard 2 Schiit stack as my desktop rig.

 

Thanks in advance!

post #4266 of 4272
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffritz View Post

Currently looking @ the Vali for my first tube amp. I'm rocking HD-600 and SR80e for HP's

I listen to all types of music and I mean all. Ill go from Daft Punk, Bill Withers, Flatt & Scruggs, Dio, to Richard Wagner in a single sitting.
For the price of the Vali @ 119 can anyone make a recommendation on any other entry level tube amps @ a simalar price I should be looking into?

Basically want to start exploring the world of tubes and looking for advise or otherwise.....

Currently have Biforst uber & Asgard 2 Schiit stack as my desktop rig.

Thanks in advance!

Vali is the right choice. I own a bifrost uber and lyr2 which I use with HE560. I was planning on selling my HD600 untill I tried them with the Vali. Now I have a dragonfly 1.2 with the Vali and HD 600 combo. Prefer the HD600 with Vali even more than with the Lyr 2. It really is a special match. I wasnt a believer in synergy until hearing the Vali with the Senn.
post #4267 of 4272

The Project Ember is also a nice competition to the Vali 2. Anyone compared it with V2 yet?

post #4268 of 4272

I also have a HD600 and a Vali.  Excellente!  I don't know of another amp that's competitive with it at that price (i compared it only with a finite number of other amps).


Edited by Billheiser - 10/19/14 at 9:30pm
post #4269 of 4272

For 120 bucks that's what I figured.

 

Still have the bifrost uber? Happy with it?

 

I actually have the Modi but the uber should be here tomorrow.


Edited by jeffritz - 10/19/14 at 10:08pm
post #4270 of 4272
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffritz View Post
 

For 120 bucks that's what I figured.

 

Still have the bifrost uber? Happy with it?

 

I actually have the Modi but the uber should be here tomorrow.

Super happy with the Bifrost Uber.  I have that one running into a Valhalla 2, powering HD600 and others.  I have the Vali system in another room, running the HD600 almost exclusively.

post #4271 of 4272

+1 for HD600 and Vali combo :)

post #4272 of 4272

Having the Lyr 2 for the LCD-2F, I sold the Vali because it just didn't have enough power for the LCD-2F and I only used it for the JH13pro (with impedance adaptor) but I kind of miss the Vali even with the Geek Out which I got for the JH13pro. 

There is a liveliness, musicality and tone/timbre that is special with certain headphones.  Maybe I'll wait for the Vali 2. 


Edited by sling5s - 10/20/14 at 2:54pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!