or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! - Page 267

post #3991 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Fi'er View Post
 

Ugh, I don't even have it yet and it already sounds like I won't want to keep it. :confused_face:

To be honest., given the choice between the Vali and Magni, I go with the Magni. Sorry about that. If its on the way, try it. 

post #3992 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

To be honest., given the choice between the Vali and Magni, I go with the Magni. Sorry about that. If its on the way, try it. 

I'll give it a chance. I guess I bought into the hype. 

post #3993 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I just compared a Vali and Magni using an A/B switch, matching the volume with an HE-500. They sounded the same.

 

I did the same thing for a couple of minutes with an A/B box.  They were almost identical, but I did notice an audible difference in snare drums.  They were definitively less "sharp" on the vali, which may be better for some folks.  Might be less fatiguing for longer sessions.

post #3994 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by morph2k4 View Post
 

 

I did the same thing for a couple of minutes with an A/B box.  They were almost identical, but I did notice an audible difference in snare drums.  They were definitively less "sharp" on the vali, which may be better for some folks.  Might be less fatiguing for longer sessions.

Ha! Then it may have a place among my other amps. Hope it's all it's cracked up to be. I do listen non stop 8 hours so maybe that will be ideal.

post #3995 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by morph2k4 View Post
 

 

I did the same thing for a couple of minutes with an A/B box.  They were almost identical, but I did notice an audible difference in snare drums.  They were definitively less "sharp" on the vali, which may be better for some folks.  Might be less fatiguing for longer sessions.

Mine was the same. Either I got a better set of tubes that handles transients better or perhaps you didn't match the volumes 100% identical. I find that the volumes must be very carefully matched. If you have the time, give it another try.

post #3996 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Fi'er View Post

I'll give it a chance. I guess I bought into the hype. 
Just go back and read the first 10 pages of this thread. No hype. It is a fantastic amp that hits way above the $120 you paid for it.
post #3997 of 4963
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions about the Vali. So from reading the forums I noticed that a lot of people like the Vali with the Dt880's (*cough* Mshenay *cough* tongue.gif), and that's the main reason I want it. BUT, since the Vali has an output impedance of 6.5 ohms I figured it would not be good with low impedence headphones and IEMs. Most of my headphones are under 70 ohms (expect the 880)so my question is, if I get an impedance adapter which evens out the impedance to about 200 ohms,, Will that fix the problem?
post #3998 of 4963
My 18 ohm Sennheiser Momentums and 32 ohm Grado SR 125s sound amazing on the Schiit Vali. Even my $10 60 ohm Koss KTX Pro 1 sounds like a hi-fi headphone with the Vali.

My 50ohm HD 598 sounds great also with this amp.
post #3999 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by potterpastor View Post

My 18 ohm Sennheiser Momentums and 32 ohm Grado SR 125s sound amazing on the Schiit Vali. Even my $10 60 ohm Koss KTX Pro 1 sounds like a hi-fi headphone with the Vali.

My 50ohm HD 598 sounds great also with this amp.
Don't you get any hiss?
post #4000 of 4963
I did when I had the Vali on a low lying TV table, but now I have it up high on a tall entertainment center connected to the back of my HDTV, and I do not get any hiss at all. Not exactly sure why but that's the situation
post #4001 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by potterpastor View Post

I did when I had the Vali on a low lying TV table, but now I have it up high on a tall entertainment center connected to the back of my HDTV, and I do not get any hiss at all. Not exactly sure why but that's the situation

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback.
post #4002 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonfuzed View Post


Don't you get any hiss?

If you are getting noise due to the headphone being sensitive you need an LPAD to attenuate the output of the Vali. At what is the position of the volume control of the Vali are you listening at?

post #4003 of 4963
You are welcome. I should say that when I had the hissing sound, I had it with my HD 600 as well as with my Momentum. The hissing and ringing in my ears was independent of the headphone I was using.
post #4004 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by potterpastor View Post

You are welcome. I should say that when I had the hissing sound, I had it with my HD 600 as well as with my Momentum. The hissing and ringing in my ears was independent of the headphone I was using.

I have the same cans. I could hear noise when using the Momentums but not the HD600's.

post #4005 of 4963

Hi, I've just got the Vali recently, and I'm new to audiophile equipment. Should I keep my headphones plugged in when turning off the Vali, or should I unplug my headphones first?

 

Thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!