or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! - Page 264

post #3946 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
 

Tubes get hot because it's normal.  They have a heater to emit electrons.  No worries, play away!


I thought Jason said it was the SS output stage than generated the heat.

post #3947 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmers View Post
 


I thought Jason said it was the SS output stage than generated the heat.

 

Could be.  He would know!

post #3948 of 4963
Yes, the pencil tubes don't put off heat.
post #3949 of 4963
I have 2 Vali's and they get nicely warm - not hot. Can warm up my hand but can't burn it.
post #3950 of 4963

Quick question, has anybody tried this with an Audeze LCD2.2 headphone? Does it work and if so how well? I am setting up a bedroom listening station and I am trying to get something that is going to sound good without breaking the bank. I was thinking of an Asgard 2, but then I saw someone mention the Vali on another thread and I thought...hmmm, why not if it will work.

post #3951 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 

Quick question, has anybody tried this with an Audeze LCD2.2 headphone? Does it work and if so how well? I am setting up a bedroom listening station and I am trying to get something that is going to sound good without breaking the bank. I was thinking of an Asgard 2, but then I saw someone mention the Vali on another thread and I thought...hmmm, why not if it will work.

I've like the LCD-2 with the Vali.  They lack the power, dynamics, headroom and bass slam of the Lyr but they make it up in being more engaging, energetic, lively and detailed. 

post #3952 of 4963
Yeah it's pretty decent with the LCD's. If I'm taking my LCD's to a friends house, I take the Vali along as a semi-portable amp (as in, it's small and easy to transport) to power them.
post #3953 of 4963

 

I never thought I'd post a photo of a pile of my Schitt on the internet, but here's my tribute to an awesome little amp.

 

That's a Modi USB connected to my MBP, the Modi Optical to my Airport Express, both going into a SYS to select between the two. Feeding into the Vali, then to my head via K702 Annies.

 

Pretty awesome to be able to listen to music from either my iPhone (airplay) or my mbp. There are probably cheaper solutions, but hey, will do look this cute?


Edited by x838nwy - 5/25/14 at 9:53pm
post #3954 of 4963

I wasn't prepared for that.

post #3955 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by x838nwy View Post
 

 

I never thought I'd post a photo of a pile of my Schitt on the internet, but here's my tribute to an awesome little amp.

 

That's a Modi USB connected to my MBP, the Modi Optical to my Airport Express, both going into a SYS to select between the two. Feeding into the Vali, then to my head via K702 Annies.

 

Pretty awesome to be able to listen to music from either my iPhone (airplay) or my mbp. There are probably cheaper solutions, but hey, will do look this cute?

 

I didn't know they stacked Schiit that high. :tongue_smile:

post #3956 of 4963

*deleted


Edited by U6astik - 5/28/14 at 5:41pm
post #3957 of 4963
Schiit website says 6.5 (6 point 5) ohms.
post #3958 of 4963

*already posted


Edited by thomascrown - 5/28/14 at 6:17pm
post #3959 of 4963

Sorry, have taken the impedance from Valhalla

post #3960 of 4963
However, the Valhalla (not Vali) is indeed 30 ohms.
(Edit: sorry, u already saw that)
Edited by Billheiser - 5/28/14 at 6:08pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!