Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! - Page 238

post #3556 of 4270
Checking in with the new Vali yesterday. Dead quiet with hd650, zero, nada, no ring. Touch, change volume, silent, only gorgeous music, wonderful mids.
Edited by RedBull - 2/25/14 at 6:53am
post #3557 of 4270
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post

Checking in with the new Vali yesterday. Dead quiet with hd650, zero, nada, no ring. Touch, change volume, silent, only gorgeous music, wonderful mids.

 

Haha it's good to see someone with a new and quiet Vali. All the complaints recently are rather disheartening. 

post #3558 of 4270
I am prepared for slight ringing, but thank God i got the perfect one. it definitely make my hd650 come alive, make vocal sounds alive and seductive like my ad2000.
post #3559 of 4270
Ringing, my Vali has it. Thought I'd let y'all know.
post #3560 of 4270

My Vali rings like Jason described it on the site.  I hear it when I turn it on or plug in headphones, but after about 15 seconds it is gone.  I don't notice any further ringing during normal listening.  I did put a 1.5" diameter circle of sorbothane under it instead of the little feet that come with the unit, though.  Maybe that helps. After the ring goes away, the background is silent. I am using Senn 650's and it sounds great.

post #3561 of 4270
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkuboy View Post
 

My Vali rings like Jason described it on the site.  I hear it when I turn it on or plug in headphones, but after about 15 seconds it is gone.  I don't notice any further ringing during normal listening.  I did put a 1.5" diameter circle of sorbothane under it instead of the little feet that come with the unit, though.  Maybe that helps. After the ring goes away, the background is silent. I am using Senn 650's and it sounds great.

 

 

I will definitely be trying sorbothane feet on mine when it arrives. I have a bunch of small ones kicking around that will be perfect for it.

post #3562 of 4270

I had one of the earlier ones (ordered within the first hour of availability) and it rang at the slightest touch or even loud cough.  The ringing didn't typically last very long, but anything could set it off.  After a month or so, I developed a non-ringing crackling in one of my channels and had to send it back.  The replacement that I have received is much, much more resistant to ringing.  A little bit when plugging in, but after that I can even tap on the case without any ringing.  I was happy already with this amp, but now that I have less ringing and no more crackling, I am supremely happy with the amp and with Schiit's service. 

post #3563 of 4270
Fyi, I use mine with the supplied feet without any ringing. Really solid sounding amp, it sound bold, plenty of detail, and has longer decay just like a proper tube amp. I am very very happy man.
post #3564 of 4270

I have a Vali on the way. Now, I'm thinking Schiit doesn't have an effective way to test the microphonics of their 6088 stock, so they rely on customer feedback from actual units in the field. They just happily agree to fix the ones that get complaints. Saves time since only these new boards get a listen to make sure it's fixed.

 

Fairly understandable, but they COULD simply give a quick listen to every unit before shipping. Takes too much time? There must be a final test procedure anyway. Do they give a Schiit about sending the customer an unacceptably ringing amp?

 

So, really hoping to get a good one, one that makes a good partner for my AKG K601, Beyer DT250-250, or Senn HD580.

post #3565 of 4270
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly50 View Post
 

I have a Vali on the way. Now, I'm thinking Schiit doesn't have an effective way to test the microphonics of their 6088 stock, so they rely on customer feedback from actual units in the field. They just happily agree to fix the ones that get complaints. Saves time since only these new boards get a listen to make sure it's fixed.

 

Fairly understandable, but they COULD simply give a quick listen to every unit before shipping. Takes too much time? There must be a final test procedure anyway. Do they give a Schiit about sending the customer an unacceptably ringing amp?

 

So, really hoping to get a good one, one that makes a good partner for my AKG K601, Beyer DT250-250, or Senn HD580.

somewhere in this thread they said they test for unacceptable ringers now

post #3566 of 4270

Thanks! I found Jason's post, and hope their "noise sort" keeps the bad ringers out of circulation now.

post #3567 of 4270
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb7 View Post
 

Hmmm..might get this since it's so cheap.

 

 

 

I forgot I posted this back in October.  I just ordered it. :cool:

post #3568 of 4270

Got my Vali 2 days ago, have just a few hours on it.  So far it's a little more "solid-state" sounding than I had expected, but will see after it gets significant hours.  It does ring, on the right channel especially, for 20 seconds or so, when tapped or moved. Gentle use of volume knob elicits no ringing.  I like the amp but hope it gets better.

(first post on head-fi)

post #3569 of 4270

^Welcome!  Congrats on first post.  I still really like my Vali.  It does sound better after warming up.  Leave the amp on a lot and get some hours on it.  Think they do get better.

 

Was comparing with Crack the other day and I do get a bit bigger headstage and more bass with HD800 on the Crack but I am trying to put together a bedside rig with it due to awesome form factor.

 

My ODAC is lent out but after trying different combos, I want to try phone to ODAC to Vali next and if it sounds like I think it will sound...I'll try to make a mounting bracket for Vali and go vertical on the nightstand.  

 

Or upside-down under my IKEA Svartasen:

Reply
post #3570 of 4270
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE TEE View Post
 

^Welcome!  Congrats on first post.  I still really like my Vali.  It does sound better after warming up.  Leave the amp on a lot and get some hours on it.  Think they do get better.

 

Was comparing with Crack the other day and I do get a bit bigger headstage and more bass with HD800 on the Crack but I am trying to put together a bedside rig with it due to awesome form factor.

 

My ODAC is lent out but after trying different combos, I want to try phone to ODAC to Vali next and if it sounds like I think it will sound...I'll try to make a mounting bracket for Vali and go vertical on the nightstand.  

 

Or upside-down under my IKEA Svartasen:

I like the idea of mounting the Vali plus a compact DAC somewhere.  What were you thinking for a bracket?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!