or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! - Page 206

post #3076 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by x838nwy View Post


Okay, it's Sunday evening here so i'll be nice. It rings. The two sides don't ring the same And i think most people find it worse on the right channel. This i stipulated that it is to do with where the tubes are located on the board - one is notably closer to the headphone jack and the vol. pot than the other. However this has not been confirmed as the actual reason.

And i assume it's not necessary to tap the case?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsut View Post
 


On my unit it rings opposite. Left is ringing louder and longer. If I want to hear right, I must knock vali hard enough. I did it only once as I do not want to make it worse because ringing is no issue for me.

When my Vali arrived I unscrewed cover. Both tubes were pressed to foam firmly, but I noticed difference. One tube is parallel to PCB, while other tube is pressed more at legs part - I do not remember what tube - left or right, difference is maybe 5 degrees.

thanks. I just hit vali once, to see how it react and how much does it take that ringing disappear, specially in the right. I hesitate to open my Vali. so I want to ask first and act then.

maybe I need to look inside the Vali. I can see that one of tubes, is in its place, but I can not see the other

post #3077 of 4963

Would the Vali be better for the DT 990 than Magni? Also future headphones such as Mad dogs or HE-400s?

post #3078 of 4963
Can't say for the 990, but just got mine to pair with the HE 400 and it sounds great.
As for as microphonics, maybe I got lucky or they have fixed it, but I basically have none, even when tapping the Vali.
post #3079 of 4963

This amp should be passable for the KEF M500 at 32 ohms, 103 dB sensitivity?

post #3080 of 4963

A man went to visit his doctor. When the doctor came in to see him, he asked the man what seemed to be the problem.

 

The man said, "My arm hurts when I do this." The man then proceeded to bend his arm to an awkward angle.

 

The doctor said, "What happens when you don't do that to your arm?"

 

The man replied, "Well, it feels just fine."

 

The doctor replied, "I recommend you stop bending your arm like that. That'll be $119 dollars, please."

post #3081 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmustBKidn View Post
 

A man went to visit his doctor. When the doctor came in to see him, he asked the man what seemed to be the problem.

 

The man said, "My arm hurts when I do this." The man then proceeded to bend his arm to an awkward angle.

 

The doctor said, "What happens when you don't do that to your arm?"

 

The man replied, "Well, it feels just fine."

 

The doctor replied, "I recommend you stop bending your arm like that. That'll be $119 dollars, please."

May be the Vali's PRAT is SO good, folks just can't stop drumming on the amp casing.

post #3082 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmustBKidn View Post
 

A man went to visit his doctor. When the doctor came in to see him, he asked the man what seemed to be the problem.

 

The man said, "My arm hurts when I do this." The man then proceeded to bend his arm to an awkward angle.

 

The doctor said, "What happens when you don't do that to your arm?"

 

The man replied, "Well, it feels just fine."

 

The doctor replied, "I recommend you stop bending your arm like that. That'll be $119 dollars, please."

 

Is that the co-pay?

 

And this "man". It's you, isn't it?

 

I have a "friend" who did something unwise and needs some legal advice...

post #3083 of 4963
I know this has already been mentioned about the TH900 and some of the Denons, but I just want to add that the Vali plays nice with the TH600 as well. The ringing disappears, but there is some quiet hissing when there is no sound, although it's not noticeable when music is playing. The only thing is that you'll probably want to fix the volume of the Vali and, if possible, use your source to adjust the volume. Otherwise, the sound is way too loud when the the Vali's knob is barely turned from 0.

As far as sound impressions go, I didn't do a lot of listening since the Vali is mainly for my LCD2, but if anybody wants, I can take some notes and report back smily_headphones1.gif All my impressions will have to be against the Fiio E17 though, since that's what I use when I'm listening to the TH600 at work.
post #3084 of 4963
I was raving about good the Sennheiser HD598 sounds on the Vali. Well, I finally plugged my HD600 into the Vali.

Holy Schiit.

This is the best I've ever heard the HD600 sound. Simply amazing.

The 598s went straight back into the bag. No comparison. Not even close. HD600 takes it by a mile.

The Vali is a little miracle, alright. Thank you, Schiit! Good stuff!
post #3085 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.T. View Post
 

 

Is that the co-pay?

 

And this "man". It's you, isn't it?

 

I have a "friend" who did something unwise and needs some legal advice...

 

A wise man once said, try to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

post #3086 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmustBKidn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.T. View Post

 

Is that the co-pay?

And this "man". It's you, isn't it?

I have a "friend" who did something unwise and needs some legal advice...

A wise man once said, try to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
Challenge accepted!
post #3087 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler View Post

I know this has already been mentioned about the TH900 and some of the Denons, but I just want to add that the Vali plays nice with the TH600 as well. The ringing disappears, but there is some quiet hissing when there is no sound, although it's not noticeable when music is playing. The only thing is that you'll probably want to fix the volume of the Vali and, if possible, use your source to adjust the volume. Otherwise, the sound is way too loud when the the Vali's knob is barely turned from 0.

As far as sound impressions go, I didn't do a lot of listening since the Vali is mainly for my LCD2, but if anybody wants, I can take some notes and report back smily_headphones1.gif All my impressions will have to be against the Fiio E17 though, since that's what I use when I'm listening to the TH600 at work.

 

mangler, would you please tell us more about influences of the Vali might on treble and bass? Some describe TH600's treble as slightly harsh. Does the Vali improve on that? And bass on the Vali is commonly said to be not as textured as in other amps. Do experience that as well, at least when compared to the Fiio E17?

 

Thanks in advance.

post #3088 of 4963
Should the noise be bad on 80Ω headphones?
post #3089 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

Should the noise be bad on 80Ω headphones?

That depends on the can's sensitivity.

post #3090 of 4963
im waiting for the next new amp...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!