or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! - Page 204

post #3046 of 4963
Some telephone doesn't ring
post #3047 of 4963
Well you've got a problem if your amp is vibrating or completely mute. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post

Some telephone doesn't ring
post #3048 of 4963
I am planning to buy the demo unit if it doesn't ring biggrin.gif
post #3049 of 4963

Despite all negative joking regarding the ringing, the ringing is VERY manageable and almost a non-issue in the current production amps (which come with pre-bent, pre-detensioned leads).

 

You are really missing out if you avoid the Vali on the basis of ringing.

 

The ringing is THAT manageable, and the sound quality of the amp is THAT good.

 

It sounds so good that I ended up buying 2 of them.

 

After tweaking my 1st amp by bending the leads (early production model), ringing isn't even something I think about anymore.

 

My second amp was already taken care of by the factory. I have no worries or neuroses about the ringing because it's a non-issue in practical use.

 

If you're being held back from trying the Vali for the ringing, I suggest that you push those worries aside. You owe it to yourself to have an amp that sounds this good.

post #3050 of 4963
I think the ringing jokes are becoming more common than the schiit jokes smily_headphones1.gif
post #3051 of 4963

Still curious as to how the HD 650 would perform with the Vali. Anyone know?

post #3052 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Dan View Post
 

Still curious as to how the HD 650 would perform with the Vali. Anyone know?

 

:o

post #3053 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Dan View Post
 

Still curious as to how the HD 650 would perform with the Vali. Anyone know?

I tested it with HD800 and it sounded good but the music was somehow in rush! it was not relax and comfortable, causing listening fatigue in my case. in one word "not my cup of tea"

post #3054 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicAudio View Post

I tested it with HD800 and it sounded good but the music was somehow in rush! it was not relax and comfortable, causing listening fatigue in my case. in one word "not my cup of tea"
Those are VERY different headphones.
post #3055 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Dan View Post
 

Still curious as to how the HD 650 would perform with the Vali. Anyone know?

 

It's a long thread, so I'm not surprised you couldn't find the comments on this pairing.

 

From what I recall, the bumped up bass and warm tone of the 650 was too much when paired with the Vali. Too much of a good thing when put together. That was the take away I got.

 

Apparently, the 600 is a better pairing. It's not as euphonic as the 650, so matches better with the Vali.

 

I haven't tried the 650 on the Vali myself, so anyone who has, please correct me if I'm wrong.

post #3056 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.T. View Post
 

 

It's a long thread, so I'm not surprised you couldn't find the comments on this pairing.

 

From what I recall, the bumped up bass and warm tone of the 650 was too much when paired with the Vali. Too much of a good thing when put together. That was the take away I got.

 

Apparently, the 600 is a better pairing. It's not as euphonic as the 650, so matches better with the Vali.

 

I haven't tried the 650 on the Vali myself, so anyone who has, please correct me if I'm wrong.

This amp is truly neutral so I don't see how that will affect the sound of the HD650.

post #3057 of 4963

Mine came today, #870. I used it as I would any other headphone amp – not being extra careful about turning it on, adjusting volume, etc. – and no ringing to speak of. So far I love it. Using a pair of HD-580s.

post #3058 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

This amp is truly neutral so I don't see how that will affect the sound of the HD650.

 yes excellent match with 650 and 600

post #3059 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

This amp is truly neutral so I don't see how that will affect the sound of the HD650.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic Rhodes View Post
 

 yes excellent match with 650 and 600

It works real good with my HD600's and better than expected with my HE-500's. Just be careful of sensitive IEM's or sensitive cans that will expose the background noise of the Vali. Not an issue with the HD600, HD650's or HE500's.

post #3060 of 4963

I really like this amp but I find it fatiguing with my X1

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!