or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! - Page 20

post #286 of 4963
Quote:
It's a pretty fun little amp.

 

Amps should never be fun. If it is it's not worth using.

Count me out! I'll pass on all the fun stuff.

 

I like my amps as boring as possible. Heck, I think the reason I hate most Schiit amps is that they're too shiny.

Every time I looked at the Magni it would annoy me and ruin my whole music experience and make me mad. The light on the front hurts my eyes too.

post #287 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post
 

 

Amps should never be fun. If it is it's not worth using.

Count me out! I'll pass on all the fun stuff.

 

I like my amps as boring as possible. Heck, I think the reason I hate most Schiit amps is that they're too shiny.

Every time I looked at the Magni it would annoy me and ruin my whole music experience and make me mad. The light on the front hurts my eyes too.

 

Turn the amp around and turn off the lights.

post #288 of 4963

The Asgard2 was too fun for you and thus you returned it in favor of the O2 huh Tdockweiler.

post #289 of 4963
The light on the front of the magni hurts my eyes too... I hope Schiit fixes that.
post #290 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

The Asgard2 was too fun for you and thus you returned it in favor of the O2 huh Tdockweiler.

 

Yes, you are right!

 

I sent it back and wrote on the amp with a sharpie: Too much Fun. This is obviously colored and not usable.

 

I actually went from Magni > O2 > Asgard 2

 

I actually haven't had fun listening to headphones since 1972 or so. Every recording is very flawed and of poor quality.

 

O2 would have been perfect but it had a hint of fun/sillyness in it's treble. It's really unacceptable and should have been picked up in measurements.

post #291 of 4963

BTW Tdock, other than needing to spray paint the amp in deepest black, the Vali should pair well with your HD598 and the price is not out of this world.

 

By fun I do not mean U-shaped. It should not load your HD598s at all and throw away the tonal balance. It should enhance your music experience in my opinion.


Edited by ultrabike - 10/14/13 at 4:54pm
post #292 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrabike View Post
 

BTW Tdock, other than needing to spray paint the amp in deepest black, the Vali should pair well with your HD598 and the price is not out of this world.

 

By fun I do not mean U-shaped. It should not load your HD598s at all and throw away the tonal balance. It should enhance your music experience in my opinion.

 

No, I actually like the design of the Schiit Amps. Asgard 2 looks really simple/plain and I like that. People say my Micro Amp is ugly as hell but I like that too.

Actually there are very few amps I HATE. Most of them I disliked were just weak portable amps.

 

Despite all my nitpicks I liked the O2 and Magni. The only Schiit amp i've liked was the Magni, but OK Asgard 1 was pretty great with the HD-600 and D2000. I'm more of a Headroom fanboy :normal_smile :

 

As my main amp though i'd never buy one that didn't play well with ALL my headphones (don't care about IEMS). I'll use the Vali in my bedroom. If I don't like it i'll just resell it. No big deal.

 

You know an amp is good when you own it for 3 years and doesn't magically transform your headphones into something they're not. Synergy is so stupid IMO.

 

The headphone I want to try first is the Koss Pro DJ100 with M50 pads. It's only 38ohm but is fine with even a 10ohm output impedance. That thing can sound like poop on warm/dark amps. It was very good on the Magni.


Edited by tdockweiler - 10/14/13 at 6:01pm
post #293 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post


I always LOVE when companies put absolutely no REAL specifications on a product. 'Awesomifier' doesn't cut it bob. We need specs. At least the sample rate for the DAC...

Check their blog: http://mustgeekout.blogspot.com/  Tons of specs and measurements.  

post #294 of 4963

I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pretty much floored by how much detail and control this little amp has - I said to Jason that there is no way that Schiit should sound that good. If anything, I think the Modi was holding it back. This is just one of "those" products - it is going to generate huge waves. 

 

..dB

post #295 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

 

Thanks for that.

 

As a follow up, what about the Vali makes it better than the Magni with the HE-400/Paradox? Just trying to nail down some specifics, as I have a chance to get the Magni for a really good price.

Really good price?  How about $119?  (Not being sarcastic, just jealous...)  :wink_face:

post #296 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGGleR View Post
 

Check their blog: http://mustgeekout.blogspot.com/  Tons of specs and measurements.  

Yepppp people hated on their "awesomeifier" term but it was clearly just marketing - they not only offered specs and measurements but ran a comparison to similarly priced offerings from other companies.

post #297 of 4963

I read as far as page eleven before getting bored, so I've seen some of the initial single-paragraph discussions of its pairings with the Mad Dog and Alpha Dog. Has anything thorough been written on the topic?

post #298 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by dBel84 View Post
 

I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pretty much floored by how much detail and control this little amp has - I said to Jason that there is no way that Schiit should sound that good. If anything, I think the Modi was holding it back. This is just one of "those" products - it is going to generate huge waves. 

 

..dB

 

All thanks to Nomax! Err wait, I mean Purrin.gggg

post #299 of 4963

loved the asgard, it kept my coffee n cookies warm throughout my listening pleasure. 

:D

post #300 of 4963

Cannot wait to hear how this sounds with the HD600! Eagerly waiting impressions :) 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!