Originally Posted by olor1n
Apparently the tubes ring. Can we talk about that more?
I think the problem is that there's both too little and too much to talk about.
The basics are easy to cover.
- It rings, a little or a lot, depending on your particular sample, your particular equipment, and your particular perceptions.
- It sounds great in lots of systems. Others, not so much.
- It costs pocket change.
- It seems well-built.
- The company is cool, for an annoying large number of definitions of "cool".
The particulars could keep this topic going for a few million more posts.
- What headphones work? Why?
- What headphones don't? Why?
- Describe your system and how it sounds/works with the Vali.
Since the combinations of system configs and individual perceptions are effectively infinite, that last bullet could inspire a few million new posts with people describing exactly how it sounds in their system to their ears.
Mixed in with all that, I reckon a few people are going to occasionally pop up who mention that it rings. Even the manufacturer does.
Personally, I consider this thing to be a high water mark of value for money, fully as satisfying to my sense of "I love it when I do something smart" as the NAD 3120 I bought about 3 decades ago.
As for me, if someone comes up with a tweak, I'm liable to test it and report results. Beyond that, well, I don't have much.