- 22 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- FT: Sennheiser HD650 for HD600 Last post on 7/6/13 at 9:39am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- WTB: AKG K702 65th Anniversary ( Possibly HD650, HD600, or HE-400 ) Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:26pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Move to Mid-Fi - DT880 600Ohm or Q701 or HD600 or HD650 or HE400 Last post on 1/5/13 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
LOL im not very sure about the HD600 yet... I rly like some bass and im afraid of the neutrality of the Sennheisers.
At the same time, i read someting about the piercing highs of the HE400, and im a little sensitive to that.
Well, i think i made the correct choice for my taste. The only problem now is ill have to w8 until day29, when my familiars come to Brazil and bring my new equipaments.
Ty to all again...
The highs of the HE-400 aren't bad if you use EQ. Without EQ, they are on the harsh side, but they can be mellowed out easily. I haven't heard the HD600, but the HE-400 have excellent bass.
Hello for everyone!
Im from Brazil, so sry for my bad english.
Im trying to decide among all these headphones, but i rly cant decide...
I already have a ATH-M50 and a Vmoda M100 and im trying to buy a more detailed headphone for my genre of music.
I listen most metal/Gothic/Rock, and sometimes nu-metal and hiphop.
Bands like: Epica, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Lacrimosa, Haggard, Theatre of Tragedy, As i Lay Dying, Paramore, Rihanna, Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, and others.
The only thing i know is ill problaby buy a Fiio E17 and, if necessary, a Fiio E9K.
Do you think the HE400 is good for metal with female vocals? Or the HD600 would be preferable? And about HE500/HD650?
i rly would apreciate any help with this... Any suggestion would be pleased! I already read all reviews from all these and cant decide! LOL
What would be the best set for metal and gothic female music?
HD600 + Fiio E17 + Fiio E9K
HE400 + Fiio E17
i cant spend more than $ 700 in all set (amp/dac + HP) and must be not to big (preference portable one or little amp like E9K).
Ty to all!!!!
Estas bem? O tempo esta ainda optimo?
Falar de um headphone..
Eu advisava o he500 com o emotiva (speaker amp)..e um bocadinho acima teu budgetto ... But u wont regret it!
Ate podias comprar um he500 de segunda mao....
Eu vi alguns no confidendentials para vender... O he400 e fraco com hardrock e metallica..ficas com doer na cabeca depois usar of he400 algumas horas..
Bom sorte meu amigo!
Back to english again
If possible try to listen to them before.
For me, the HE-400 is less natural and at some times it bothers me, but the overall detail beats the HD600 (in my book), so I went for the HE-400 + asgard.
The Dac is not that huge of an impact in my book. Im actually getting the HD800 as a chrismas gift for myself even before a DAC (probably uber bifrost or similary priced).
Fiio E17 is definitly awsome for the price (i have it and i use it as portable amp for the HE-400), however i didnt like the E9K at all.
Compared to the asgard and even to the fiio E17 alone it felt extreamly analitycal, and very harsh with the HE-400 (I returned it the next day to the store and bought the asgard).
The only problem is that if you cant test it yourself, you might not like exactly what others do.
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JDS Labs cmoyBB v2.03 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Does the Sony MDR 7506 need an amp for portable player use? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 minutes ago
- › The Free Music Thread! (100% legal downloads of all formats.) 6 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)