Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › What is a good DAP to use with FiiO E7?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is a good DAP to use with FiiO E7?

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Hey there, Im new to all of this. just thought id get that out there haha..

but yeah the question is what is a good DAP to use with the FiiO E7 Amp/Dac?? headphones are ATH-M50's

I have an iPhone 4, what are the views on that? ill be upgrading to the Galaxy S4.. but i dont want to use my phone really as i dont want my phone to runn out of battery while in work or traveling.. so a good DAC is in call for...

I listen to Hard Rock, Metal mainly but listen to a bit of everything like chart stuff ever now and then for example LOL lady gaga's new song applause has hooked me.

thanks guys smily_headphones1.gif

JT
post #2 of 26

Why carry and maintain another device?  The S4 has a user replaceable battery or get a juicepack which is a battery with USB to keep your phone charged. You can plug in the pack when your battery runs low or use it when listening to keep the battery topped off. Get the right setup and it can work your iPhone now and whatever you get in the future. 

post #3 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor781 View Post

Hey there, I'm new to all of this. just thought id get that out there haha..
but yeah the question is what is a good DAP to use with the FiiO E7 Amp/Dac?? headphones are ATH-M50's
I have an iPhone 4, what are the views on that? ill be upgrading to the Galaxy S4.. but I don't want to use my phone really as I don't want my phone to run out of battery while in work or traveling.. so a good DAC is in call for...
I listen to Hard Rock, Metal mainly but listen to a bit of everything like chart stuff ever now and then for example LOL lady gaga's new song applause has hooked me.

Did you have a budget?

Check out the website anythingbutipod.

Better to buy a good DAP and plug the headphones straight into it.

Sansa Clip Zip

Sony E series

Cowon brand

Fiio X3

iBasso DX50

post #4 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Did you have a budget?

Check out the website anythingbutipod.

Better to buy a good DAP and plug the headphones straight into it.

Sansa Clip Zip

Sony E series

Cowon brand

Fiio X3

iBasso DX50

 



I dont really have a budget but dont want to spend crazy money lol.. id say up to about £150, but if the sound quality is good etc i would go higher if needed

i have heard alot about the iBasso DX50 but i have no idea were i can get one? i have tried ebay with no luck.. whats the price tag on it?

just want something that will feed my headphones with some high quality sounds smily_headphones1.gif

thanks:)

JT
post #5 of 26
Thread Starter 
What are iPod Classic's like for sound quality? both normaly and through line out dock into my FiiO E7?
post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor781 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

Did you have a budget?

Check out the website anythingbutipod.

Better to buy a good DAP and plug the headphones straight into it.

Sansa Clip Zip

Sony E series

Cowon brand

Fiio X3

iBasso DX50

 



I dont really have a budget but dont want to spend crazy money lol.. id say up to about £150, but if the sound quality is good etc i would go higher if needed

i have heard alot about the iBasso DX50 but i have no idea were i can get one? i have tried ebay with no luck.. whats the price tag on it?

just want something that will feed my headphones with some high quality sounds smily_headphones1.gif

thanks:)

JT

For the ibasso DX50 you would have to order one directly off ibasso's website http://www.ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=81

It's $239 without shipping I believe. 

post #7 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor781 View Post

What are iPod Classic's like for sound quality? both normaly and through line out dock into my FiiO E7?

Can't comment on its sound quality since i don't own one but both normal and line out dock with e7 should be similar since the e7 doesn't bypass the iPad Classic's internal dac.


Edited by audionut117 - 10/9/13 at 8:57pm
post #8 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor781 View Post

What are iPod Classic's like for sound quality? both normally and through line out dock into my FiiO E7?

The Fiio E7's amplifier should be better the the IPods

Do you already own the Fiio E7, or planning on buying it?

 

I would think one of the Cowons would be good enough to plug headphone into, without having to use the E7's amplifier.

post #9 of 26
Thread Starter 
Oka
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionut117 View Post

Can't comment on its sound quality since i don't own one but both normal and line out dock with e7 should be similar since the e7 doesn't bypass the iPad Classic's internal dac.
Okay thanks:) what amp would bypass an iPods dac?
post #10 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor781 View Post

Oka
Okay thanks:) what amp would bypass an iPods dac?

Sony PHA-1

Fostex HP-P1

Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm solo db

Cypher Labs Theorem 720

 

There might be more but that's all I know.

 

Warning: All the models above are significantly more expensive than any fiio product.

post #11 of 26

VentureCraft Go-DAP family of DAC/AMP

ADL X1

CEntrance HiFi-M8

Sony PHA-2

 

As of now, the best value and good sounding MFI DAC will be the PHA-1 for about $300, with other already mentioned DAC generally at $500 or above level.  However, I think the M8 is the absolute best one right now at $700.

post #12 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

VentureCraft Go-DAP family of DAC/AMP



ADL X1



CEntrance HiFi-M8



Sony PHA-2



 



As of now, the best value and good sounding MFI DAC will be the PHA-1 for about $300, with other already mentioned DAC generally at $500 or above level.  However, I think the M8 is the absolute best one right now at $700.

 



Okay thanks! if i walked home with something that price my girlfriend would kill me haha, and i want to start of at the lower end and work my way up enjoying everything that each level offers instead of jumping straight into the high end:P

Would the FiiO E7 bypass the Samsung Galaxy S4's DAC?
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor781 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

VentureCraft Go-DAP family of DAC/AMP


ADL X1


CEntrance HiFi-M8


Sony PHA-2


 


As of now, the best value and good sounding MFI DAC will be the PHA-1 for about $300, with other already mentioned DAC generally at $500 or above level.  However, I think the M8 is the absolute best one right now at $700.

 



Okay thanks! if i walked home with something that price my girlfriend would kill me haha, and i want to start of at the lower end and work my way up enjoying everything that each level offers instead of jumping straight into the high end:P

Would the FiiO E7 bypass the Samsung Galaxy S4's DAC?

If you get the correct OTG adapter for the S4 it might work, but you need to consult the S4 thread for this.

post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor781 View Post

Okay thanks:) what amp would bypass an iPods dac?

I'm sure the question was understood.

but should have said

"Okay thanks:) what DAC (& amp) would bypass an iPods dac?"

post #15 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

I'm sure the question was understood.

but should have said

"Okay thanks:) what DAC (& amp) would bypass an iPods dac?"

 



thats what i ment haha, got a bit ahead of myself, i think i will just invest in a decent DAP smily_headphones1.gif which one would you recomend or which is the best one for about £150?

hear alot about the iBasso DX50?

I have the ATH-M50 Monitors
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › What is a good DAP to use with FiiO E7?