Hey im rocking a standard mobo sound on my sabertooth x79 and i wanted to know if u can damage it with too high volume. im using a 2.0 speaker setup with subwoofer. also can the subwoofer´s volume also damages the sound card?
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productASUS SABERTOOTH X79 - LGA2011 Intel X79 Chipset ATX Motherboard DDR3 SLI CrossFireX PCIE3.0 SATA 6Gb/s RAID 8CH HD Audio USB3.0tagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productKlipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker Systemtagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Opinions on Schiit Lyr with K701 and/or HE-500 Last post on 7/26/12 at 2:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Path from iMac to K701 Last post on 6/3/12 at 4:31pm in Computer Audio
- Closed cans upgrade Last post on Yesterday at 7:56 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Did I make the right choose for gaming cans? (DT 990 Pro) Last post on 12/22/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Will wearing the DT990 in public be a problem? Last post on 12/20/14 at 3:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
Soundcard damaged with high volume?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not an engineer, but I think you're more likely to damage your speakers if you crank up the PC output as well as crank up the speakers. On-board sound is inherently noisy since it's in such close proximity to all the other data-handling components.
It's the prime reason why I don't use the built-in audio, and why I retired my Creative X-fi (Fatality Platinum something-or-other with the drive bay kit.)
I drive my AKG K701 with the Schiit Bifrost/Lyr combo, and replaced my Klipsch Promedia 2.1 with a set of Vanatoo Transparent Ones. Both are USB devices, so no PC noise...
- Soundcard damaged with high volume?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 14 seconds ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 21 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 45 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 50 seconds ago
- › Please help choosing between 3 amps+dac for my DT 990 pro 250 ohm 58 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)