Hey im rocking a standard mobo sound on my sabertooth x79 and i wanted to know if u can damage it with too high volume. im using a 2.0 speaker setup with subwoofer. also can the subwoofer´s volume also damages the sound card?
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productASUS SABERTOOTH X79 - LGA2011 Intel X79 Chipset ATX Motherboard DDR3 SLI CrossFireX PCIE3.0 SATA 6Gb/s RAID 8CH HD Audio USB3.0tagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productKlipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker Systemtagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Opinions on Schiit Lyr with K701 and/or HE-500 Last post on 7/26/12 at 2:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Path from iMac to K701 Last post on 6/3/12 at 4:31pm in Computer Audio
- Schiit Bifrost USB, Schiit Asgard Last post on 4/21/14 at 9:52am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Schiit Asgard, Schiit Bifrost USB Last post on 4/21/14 at 9:53am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Good headphones for my user bifrost/Valhalla combo? Last post on 4/7/14 at 4:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
Soundcard damaged with high volume?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 310/8/13 at 7:40ampost #3 of 310/9/13 at 8:05am
I'm not an engineer, but I think you're more likely to damage your speakers if you crank up the PC output as well as crank up the speakers. On-board sound is inherently noisy since it's in such close proximity to all the other data-handling components.
It's the prime reason why I don't use the built-in audio, and why I retired my Creative X-fi (Fatality Platinum something-or-other with the drive bay kit.)
I drive my AKG K701 with the Schiit Bifrost/Lyr combo, and replaced my Klipsch Promedia 2.1 with a set of Vanatoo Transparent Ones. Both are USB devices, so no PC noise...
- Soundcard damaged with high volume?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 10 seconds ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge 16 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technical ATH-ESW9 1 minute ago
- › Just lookin into CIEMs. budget around 1000, any suggestions? 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E17 DAC/Amp (ALPEN) + Fiio E09K Desktop Amp (QOGIR) Pictures,... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Finding the perfect starter headphones - comfort and balance 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude