Hey im rocking a standard mobo sound on my sabertooth x79 and i wanted to know if u can damage it with too high volume. im using a 2.0 speaker setup with subwoofer. also can the subwoofer´s volume also damages the sound card?
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productASUS SABERTOOTH X79 - LGA2011 Intel X79 Chipset ATX Motherboard DDR3 SLI CrossFireX PCIE3.0 SATA 6Gb/s RAID 8CH HD Audio USB3.0tagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productKlipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker Systemtagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Amp + DAC vs Sound Card for AKG K701 Last post on 3/21/13 at 1:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good budget amp/dac for Sennheiser HD800 (<$800) Last post on 8/20/12 at 4:19am in High-end Audio Forum
- Opinions on Schiit Lyr with K701 and/or HE-500 Last post on 7/26/12 at 2:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Path from iMac to K701 Last post on 6/3/12 at 4:31pm in Computer Audio
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 4/21/15 at 11:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
Soundcard damaged with high volume?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not an engineer, but I think you're more likely to damage your speakers if you crank up the PC output as well as crank up the speakers. On-board sound is inherently noisy since it's in such close proximity to all the other data-handling components.
It's the prime reason why I don't use the built-in audio, and why I retired my Creative X-fi (Fatality Platinum something-or-other with the drive bay kit.)
I drive my AKG K701 with the Schiit Bifrost/Lyr combo, and replaced my Klipsch Promedia 2.1 with a set of Vanatoo Transparent Ones. Both are USB devices, so no PC noise...
- Soundcard damaged with high volume?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 1 second ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 13 seconds ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 24 seconds ago
- › La Figaro 339 38 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious... 1 minute ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2