Hey im rocking a standard mobo sound on my sabertooth x79 and i wanted to know if u can damage it with too high volume. im using a 2.0 speaker setup with subwoofer. also can the subwoofer´s volume also damages the sound card?
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productASUS SABERTOOTH X79 - LGA2011 Intel X79 Chipset ATX Motherboard DDR3 SLI CrossFireX PCIE3.0 SATA 6Gb/s RAID 8CH HD Audio USB3.0tagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productKlipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker Systemtagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Opinions on Schiit Lyr with K701 and/or HE-500 Last post on 7/26/12 at 2:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Path from iMac to K701 Last post on 6/3/12 at 4:31pm in Computer Audio
- Looking for a new pair of headphones! Last post on 9/7/14 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Quick question about AKG K701 Last post on 8/17/14 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit Bifrost Uber with USB 2.0 AND Schiit Valhalla with extra set of tubes Last post on 8/15/14 at 6:41pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Soundcard damaged with high volume?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not an engineer, but I think you're more likely to damage your speakers if you crank up the PC output as well as crank up the speakers. On-board sound is inherently noisy since it's in such close proximity to all the other data-handling components.
It's the prime reason why I don't use the built-in audio, and why I retired my Creative X-fi (Fatality Platinum something-or-other with the drive bay kit.)
I drive my AKG K701 with the Schiit Bifrost/Lyr combo, and replaced my Klipsch Promedia 2.1 with a set of Vanatoo Transparent Ones. Both are USB devices, so no PC noise...
- Soundcard damaged with high volume?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 37 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 42 seconds ago
- › Hi-end over-ears that isolate well enough for train and plane... 1 minute ago
- › Bang for the buck gaming headphones 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Why do many headphones have a treble peak? 7 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)