Hey im rocking a standard mobo sound on my sabertooth x79 and i wanted to know if u can damage it with too high volume. im using a 2.0 speaker setup with subwoofer. also can the subwoofer´s volume also damages the sound card?
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productASUS SABERTOOTH X79 - LGA2011 Intel X79 Chipset ATX Motherboard DDR3 SLI CrossFireX PCIE3.0 SATA 6Gb/s RAID 8CH HD Audio USB3.0tagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productKlipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker Systemtagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by dbsaffor, 10/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Opinions on Schiit Lyr with K701 and/or HE-500 Last post on 7/26/12 at 2:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Path from iMac to K701 Last post on 6/3/12 at 4:31pm in Computer Audio
- Schiit stack wanted! - Bitfrost + Amp (See inside) Last post on 1/21/15 at 8:36am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- best positional audio for hard core fps gamer (headphone + soundcard) Last post on 1/21/15 at 8:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans upgrade Last post on 12/28/14 at 7:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Soundcard damaged with high volume?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not an engineer, but I think you're more likely to damage your speakers if you crank up the PC output as well as crank up the speakers. On-board sound is inherently noisy since it's in such close proximity to all the other data-handling components.
It's the prime reason why I don't use the built-in audio, and why I retired my Creative X-fi (Fatality Platinum something-or-other with the drive bay kit.)
I drive my AKG K701 with the Schiit Bifrost/Lyr combo, and replaced my Klipsch Promedia 2.1 with a set of Vanatoo Transparent Ones. Both are USB devices, so no PC noise...
- Soundcard damaged with high volume?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado Fan Club! 12 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions 34 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 331 IEMs compared (JVC Xtreme Xplosives HA-FR301... 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Whiplash TWag 30 Pin to USB iPod Cable 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Endgame portable over ear advice (please help!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3